Transfer Portal watch

Is Rosendo Louis a take at LB? Deerfield kid looked the part coming out of high school

Advertisement
dude caught alot of passes. i WOULD CHECK THE CAR FAX
200.gif

I don't understand this argument at all. What does "seeing what the young guys can do" have to do with adding a proven veteran WR who's gonna help you win games?
just dont see the need for a portal wr especially when you have other positions of need such as LB/DE/OL/CB we good at WR/S for now

just dont see the need for a portal wr especially when you have other positions of need such as LB/DE/OL/CB we good at WR/S for now
Sure there are other needs but if a quality veteran wants in you don't turn him away. You wanna turn away the next Rambo or Osborne?

Advertisement
DEFENSE! This offense is going to be good with TVD at the front and Chaney back. I wouldn't worry too much about the offense unless some O line prospects like a Jarrid Williams becomes available. Defense is what the team needs most. A CB, possibly 2 if TS leaves, 2 LBs and a DE.

Advertisement
I think a veteran proven WR in portal is an absolute take.

Playing with Van Dyke in this offense has to be attractive.
Agreed. Doesn’t have to be a true bonafide #1 but definitely would love a KJ Osborn type.

Reliable 2 allowing Keyshawn, George, and/or Bronson to duke it out for the other starting spot (assuming X is set in the slot). I bet Redding transfers sometime next spring.

I think we're already known to have lost: pope, wiggins, jennings, gurvan, herbert, holley, q williams, and hearing good chance of TAC & brooks with even more as possibilities so I'd imagine we can bring in a good 10-12 portal kids.
Why in the world we haven't played Brooks at DE is beyond me. He was dominating at MNW and arguably the top Edge rusher of his class before he got hurt. Kid just didn't forget how to rush the passer

Advertisement
Agreed. Doesn’t have to be a true bonafide #1 but definitely would love a KJ Osborn type.

Reliable 2 allowing Keyshawn, George, and/or Bronson to duke it out for the other starting spot (assuming X is set in the slot). I bet Redding transfers sometime next spring.
Idk...Redding is an academics guy so I'd say he'll at least get his degree (which was a huge sticking point for him coming to us over FSU, I forgot his study, Marine Studies or something like that)

I lol so hard when I see a transfer portal announcement and a fan tags all of their teams coaches as if they were the first to find out and help notify them. Dumb dumbs!

Advertisement
Rambo got benched at Okla, he been our #1 and about to rewrite the record books.. sometimes people need a change or a better fit.. Dont know about the kid but cant think in absolutes..
None of these dudes a 700 yard season before stepping on UM’s campus. Rambo did

This makes no sense, multiple wr get on field at once, competition makes everyone better.. We cant bank on potential and development isnt best here, some of our best players recently have been transfers..
No one should be worried about mentioning what positions we need to or saying we don’t need more players at receiver. The majority of this class is going to come from the portal. So saying 2 DEs 2 backers, a corner, a TE, Another receiver ( i would take Hall and Williams ) and all of what i just mentioned is what? 8 guys? we have plenty of room for O lineman and even another back or DT. You get as much talent as you can across the board

No. Taking other teams backups doesn’t make out situation better.

I think it depends on the player and the position. For OL/LB/CB I’d take the kids who have the rIght build and athletic traits. WR and DLine they don’t have to be starters but for sure need to have been in the rotation and produced on their previous team.

Advertisement
Back