Transfer Portal watch

Can’t really blame him. Recruiting has become a 5+ year process per kid. I’m sure coaches hate it.

and they have 100% themselves to blame.

they created this mess. recruit a kid by giving him everything he asks for, and convincing him he deserve what he wants, and you will have definitely create problems because at some point, either: (A) he expects that whatever he wants, he gets, or (B) he eventually asks for something you can't give him. (or both).

Congrats Dabo. All that rope they gave you is finally long enough for you to hang yourself with it.

Advertisement
and they have 100% themselves to blame.

they created this mess. recruit a kid by giving him everything he asks for, and convincing him he deserve what he wants, and you will have definitely create problems because at some point, either: (A) he expects that whatever he wants, he gets, or (B) he eventually asks for something you can't give him. (or both).

Congrats Dabo. All that rope they gave you is finally long enough for you to hang yourself with it.
Coaches have to win now. A 4 year rebuild better get done in 2 or you’re on the hot seat. Dabo got lucky to stay long enough for that chance.

What you said might be true.. but it’s the cost of winning in college. That’s why you rarely see a college coach come back from the NFL once he makes the transition. Babysitting.

He will be in the mix because I can’t see how the starting safeties won’t be Avante and Kitchen’s with Williams as the Striker. People are attacking James about open field tackling which i won’t do because i’ve seen him do it and he’s a true freshman but he would still be able to drop into coverage as a striker but also would be able to use his size and ability to also Attack. My opinion so Balom is a needed player
Yeah I think all 4 will be just too talented to sit so using them all will be too enticing and the bedt thing for this defense so I just don't get why he would consider leaving at all. If anything this is perfect

Advertisement
Advertisement
They could have had 2 that have been very good this year for Penn State and FSU and they opted for Deandre Johnson.

There will always be lots of talent in the portal. They just have to pursue the right ones.
Are you saying Miami turned down JJ from UGA?

Advertisement
Checked the car fax. Dude had a 1,000 yard season his sophomore year but has never came close to it since. A ton of targets though.
Yeah plus his ypc is really small like 7 a year so I'm wondering how that would translate to Power 5 play but hey I'm down with looking him up

while both have been studs at some point you gotta let the young guys you recruited see what they can do, at least in the spring.
I don't understand this argument at all. What does "seeing what the young guys can do" have to do with adding a proven veteran WR who's gonna help you win games?

Advertisement
Correct , we should’ve taken both
Can't remember if the Cam Williams situation and Jason Blissett retirement played out after we chose not to take both or before.

Epic mistake if they knew neither of them would be on the roster at that time. All to salvage counters for the 2022 class that is looking like 8-10 signees and the rest portal kids.

Advertisement
Back