Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
6B05B760-C441-40D0-8D4F-D296CD58AC36.jpeg

How yall feeling about this one?

Na. We need to add a WR. Can’t go into next year green.
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this. Yea, we got Key and X... Romello is **** good, same with Brashard (use him like Mecole Hardman in KC)....

But we do need a vet at WR and maybe depth, but at the same time....🤷🏿‍♂️

What's up with Worsham and Redding?

Didn't mean the indifferent reaction, because I genie feel indifferent about the situation at WR.

Advertisement
To be honest, it never seems like Clemson has dogs on the OL. Maybe it’s scheme related. But all of the big boys wanted him, including coach Flood. Do you feel he increases the talent, an untapped potential type?
Well he did play in 9 games his TF year & played in 5 games this season...

Idk why he decided to leave Clemson, but there could be something there.

We need Guards bad, it’s always a possibility he could just be a high ranked bust lol, but if he were interested in coming I’d at least kick the tires on it & see what’s up.

I’m not the one looking like an idiot right now lol. Who in our backfield is proven right not named rooster? And to think you would turn down to get a dynamic back like Berger lmao.
wasn't he the kid with some kind of disciplinary issues?

They haven’t recruited the DL well at all in terms of depth. There’s quality players but not nearly enough.

LB is an obvious fault and we all know the failures of Rumph in the CB room. Not enough bodies and the ones we did land were misses. Safety might be the only position that doesn’t need addressed on defense.
Majority of the talent is offense and safety.

Advertisement
Dabo with his usual salty comments:

Tchio, who was listed as co-starting left guard alongside freshman Marcus Tate, played 42 snaps at N.C. State as a first-time starter, but only played six the following week vs. Boston College; one snap vs. Florida State; and zero vs. Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville.

Swinney was asked if it was lack of playing time that led to Tchio's transfer decision.

"I guess. Different opportunity," Swinney said. "That's what we've got in college football. Go somewhere else in January. It is what it is. Keep moving."
"Nothing catches me off-guard in 2021," Swinney said. "Nothing surprises me. Absolutely nothing. Absolutely zero. It's just the world we're in."

It is a bit of a head-scratcher why Tchio, a former four-star, couldn't develop or earn the trust of the staff any better or quicker than he did, especially because Tate has struggled at times. Swinney and Tony Elliott both said last week that Tchio is talented, but his practice habits and attention to detail needed to be better. He entered the game for one snap vs. Florida State and lost his rep on the draw.

If you don't practice correctly, you're not going to play.

Mayes, a former four-star, can't get on the field either. But that seemingly has more to do with talent/development. You hope that changes next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we have Eric Gilyard as a potential target at LB

We’re actively recruiting Landon Morris at TE

A name that just declared and should be one to watch is Simi Moala. 14 starts at RT and 4 at LT at Utah. He would feel a huge need and allow us to get better in the right side.

Another guy to go with Gilyard is Navonteque Strong who’ll be transferring from LSU. Not a cover guy but a huge thumper and was a highly rated JUCO guy.

I’m also not surprised that we’re not connected to Taj Harris from Syracuse. He was their best WR last 2 years.

Curtis Dunlap should be a priority imo. Pairing him with Moala next year might give us the best line in the ACC.

Not a popular take but Jalen Burger is in the portal too. He was a freshman stud for Wisconsin at RB and would be the 5th guy in the locker room. Really talented kid worth the take. Would make the RB room the most talented room on the team.
Let’s see what Mario wants to do

So we have Eric Gilyard as a potential target at LB

We’re actively recruiting Landon Morris at TE

A name that just declared and should be one to watch is Simi Moala. 14 starts at RT and 4 at LT at Utah. He would feel a huge need and allow us to get better in the right side.

Another guy to go with Gilyard is Navonteque Strong who’ll be transferring from LSU. Not a cover guy but a huge thumper and was a highly rated JUCO guy.

I’m also not surprised that we’re not connected to Taj Harris from Syracuse. He was their best WR last 2 years.

Curtis Dunlap should be a priority imo. Pairing him with Moala next year might give us the best line in the ACC.

Not a popular take but Jalen Burger is in the portal too. He was a freshman stud for Wisconsin at RB and would be the 5th guy in the locker room. Really talented kid worth the take. Would make the RB room the most talented room on the team.
Like the options at OL, Dunlap ad Moala. Transfer Portal has to be our saving grace for OL, if we snag them both. Hopefully we can get a couple more recruits to come in with Falentha. At some point we have to reload versus signing projects.

Like the options at OL, Dunlap ad Moala. Transfer Portal has to be our saving grace for OL, if we snag them both. Hopefully we can get a couple more recruits to come in with Falentha. At some point we have to reload versus signing projects.
I'm all in for Dunlap, Moala, and Snoop. We need to wrap up Agbo, too. Let's load up. Something tells me the 85 scholarship cap is not going to be a problem for us.

Advertisement
Back