Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

My main issue with Miller, besides a waste of a scholarship, is what do people seriously expect from him? Decent starter? Quality backup? I just think people are hoping they will get something out of him but for Miller to hit Gamble production, it would be an incredible jump. Obviously more of a jump than Gamble from day one to his last day.

FIVE FOULS!

Advertisement
Top 100 grad/regular transfers per ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21

Kerry Blackshear VT C, Shakur Juiston PF UNLV, Jayce Johnson C Utah, Pat Andree PF Lehigh, TJ Holyfield PF SFA, Matej Kavas F Seattle,
Alihan Demir C Drexel, Matt Ryan SF Vanderbilt, Jeantal Cylla F UNC Wilmington and Deng Geu PF North Dakota State.

Those are the ten I would focus on even though Miami only has 4 scholarships left.

Narrow down the list: Kerry Blackshear or Jayce Johnson, Shakur Juiston or Alihan Demir and Matej Kavas or Matt Ryan.

Prediction for the last 4 scholarships: Add Tristan Enaruna to complete the 2019 recruiting class and add Kerry Blackshear, Alihan Demir and Matej Kavas as grad transfers. IMO, those additions would make Miami a top 4 team in the ACC next season.

Last edited:

Weekly update: There are 683 "student athletes" in the men's basketball transfer portal. All they want to do is study and play some basketball.

Advertisement
You got to go after the Hauser brothers. If you can land them the impact that they would have in 2 years would be incredible and would easily put Miami into contention for the ACC title.

You got to go after the Hauser brothers. If you can land them the impact that they would have in 2 years would be incredible and would easily put Miami into contention for the ACC title.

Obviously they're really darn good players and I think it is safe to assume they’re a packaged deal.

The issue is we need immediate help at PF and C. We have no proven players at either position and we "need" 2 more eligible players (maybe Tristan and a Grad Transfer). We also need another eligible guard.

With 4 scholarships available, it would be hard for us to take two players that are ineligible.

Miller was a 4 star recruit from one of the best prep programs in the nation. UVA and UF offered. Let's not make like he was some scrub that no one wanted.
I think he ended up with only one other offer than the one he got here. That was from Wake Forest. I do not think he was ever offered by UVA or UF. As for the 4 star rating, it's not unusual for the "experts" giving those out to be wrong, very wrong. In basketball and football.

From Day One here at UM, it was obvious to the coaches that he could not compete at all as a first year player. He wasn't remotely in the mix. Conditioning, or skills-wise. Then, we all hoped for a "breakthrough" this past season. Diid not happen.

Advertisement
Obviously they're really darn good players and I think it is safe to assume they’re a packaged deal.

The issue is we need immediate help at PF and C. We have no proven players at either position and we "need" 2 more eligible players (maybe Tristan and a Grad Transfer). We also need another eligible guard.

With 4 scholarships available, it would be hard for us to take two players that are ineligible.

Agreed on needing 2 more eligible players. Say we get two high impact grad transfers in Tucker and Juiston our rotation would be set.

Lykes
McGusty
Tucker
Juiston
Gak

Bench:

Wong
Beverly
DJ
Waardenburg
Walker

Agreed on needing 2 more eligible players. Say we get two high impact grad transfers in Tucker and Juiston our rotation would be set.

Lykes
McGusty
Tucker
Juiston
Gak

Bench:

Wong
Beverly
DJ
Waardenburg
Walker

Who is Juiston? I meant we need 2 more eligible big men, we probably need 3 more eligible players (1 guard, 2 big men).

You left out Miller BTW.

Who is Juiston? I meant we need 2 more eligible big men, we probably need 3 more eligible players (1 guard, 2 big men).

You left out Miller BTW.
Miller shouldn’t be in the rotation whatsoever. I don’t know if 3 more eligible players are totally necessary as long as we get 2 high quality grad transfers. Juiston is a grad transfer from UNLV originally from NY, he averaged a double-double 2 years ago.

Miller shouldn’t be in the rotation whatsoever. I don’t know if 3 more eligible players are totally necessary as long as we get 2 high quality grad transfers. Juiston is a grad transfer from UNLV originally from NY, he averaged a double-double 2 years ago.

I think Miller blows, I was just pointing out you left him out.

Advertisement
Regarding Miller, if he is such a hopeless case, why would Coach L have kept his RS last season when we had like 4 healthy scholarship players and were desperate for bodies...especially big bodies? As bad as he's looked, I trust that Coach L can turn him into an ACC caliber player. The Miller bashing has gotten totally out of control. Let's see what happens.

Regarding Miller, if he is such a hopeless case, why would Coach L have kept his RS last season when we had like 4 healthy scholarship players and were desperate for bodies...especially big bodies? As bad as he's looked, I trust that Coach L can turn him into an ACC caliber player. The Miller bashing has gotten totally out of control. Let's see what happens.

Some questions:

1. What does this part above mean?

2. Would you agree that Gak, in the first game he played this season, showed more than at any point during Miller's tenure?

3. If the only two potential eligible centers are Miller and Gak, who would you expect to play more MPG? Who would you rather start?

4. What are you expecting out of Miller this season? Numbers? Assume the only eligible centers are Miller and Gak.

MPG:
PPG:
RPG:
BPG:

------------------------

Side note: As for the underlined part above, I don't know why Coach is concerned with the 2020-21 season as it relates to Miller and depth at C, per se. Essentially, by redshirtting a "healthy" third year player, you're preserving his eligibility for a 5th year (the 2020-21 season). I understand why we need more quality Cs and quality depth but can't that also be done by adding more numbers? We had major issues this past season, if Miller was ever going to get burn, wasn't it going to be last year? I think the concern, before this season, to preserve his eligibility (as it relates to future depth) could have been off-set by bringing in a transfer last year, this year or next year.

Miller is in much better shape now than when he was a frosh and soph, will it translate into better play? We shall see. He should graduate in from UM in 2020 and if he isnt contributing next season he probably will be gone,

Advertisement
Miller will be 23 years old his December. Expecting a dramatic change at this point might be a bridge too far. Hopefully, like Sam, he will be able to provide a few minutes and fouls.

I thought you were attempting to show how both Hauser brothers could fit here.

I was pointing out that if we could get 2 high impact grad transfers, our rotation would be set unlike last year, we could afford to have only 11 available scholarship guys in that case. We went into last year with 11 scholarship players, 1 of them being Anthony Mack a transfer from Wyoming and a very raw Gak. Wong, Beverley and Walker are neither unknown or raw to the extent of Mack or Gak. The Hauser brothers would be worth only having 11 available players this year if you have to sit and wait for them till 2020.

Advertisement
Back