Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement
Isaiah washington is in the portal
My gophers! That was expected. I’m no basketball expert but watch a lot of gopher games. He’s not that good imo. There’s a reason he didn’t play. He can’t shoot! Turns it over often and really never seemed to know what he was doing. Do you have any thoughts on him?

My gophers! That was expected. I’m no basketball expert but watch a lot of gopher games. He’s not that good imo. There’s a reason he didn’t play. He can’t shoot! Turns it over often and really never seemed to know what he was doing. Do you have any thoughts on him?
I watched him a little bit, has some talent, but just a name to keep in mind.

I'm a Miami grad but also a Gopher season ticket holder, so I've seen almost every game of his. Confidence is everything with him. He's an elite ball handler and a gifted passer when he is on, but if his shot isn't going, it impacts his entire game. And this whole season, he played with zero confidence. It didn't help that the coach that recruited him to Minnesota (Kimani Young) left to become an assistant at UConn the prior offseason.

I think that a better solution for him would be to transfer closer to home - maybe a school like St. John's, Seton Hall, or even UConn (with Kimani) takes a shot on him, but I think the best fit for him would be a school like Iona. Either way, I don't see Miami as a great fit for him.

Advertisement
Jahvon Quinerly would have to sit out next season and he would have three years of eligibility left. In two years, Chris Lykes would be a senior and Isaiah Wong would be a sophomore along with Jahvon.

Interesting. I am not for or against it but it is interesting.
He really played poorly for Villanova this past season. Looks like they told him to leave with their blessings.

He really played poorly for Villanova this past season. Looks like they told him to leave with their blessings.

It was almost like he just didn't fit in to what they were doing at Villanova. He is a good player but I think Miami should focus on grad transfer bigs before adding a point guard.

Plus, I am unsure about regular transfers until Kam McGusty plays or gets past October. I would rather have multiple scholarships available for the 2020 recruiting class.

A winning season plus followed up with a strong recruiting class should shift the momentum back in favor of Miami before the FBI scandal.

My strategy toward the 2019-20 basketball roster. Update with the news of Anthony Mack's desire to transfer

Best case scenario: Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna commit then Miami signs three grad transfer (2 bigs and one point guard)

Worse case scenario: Miami sign 5 grad transfers (1 point guard, 2 wing and 2 bigs to be named at a later date).

Current players projected to be on the roster (8 currently unless someone else enters the transfer portal):

PGs: Chris Lykes and Isaiah Wong
SGs: DJ Vasiljevic and Kam Mcgusty
SFs: N/A
Stretch F: Sam Waardenberg
PF: Anthony Walker and Deng Gak
C: Rodney Miller

Walk-ons: Willie Herenton and Dominic Proctor

Post your strategy and as always,

GO CANES.

Advertisement
Quinerly has a decent handle but I'm always leery of guards who can't shoot. His shooting overall, and especially from beyond the 3 pt arc, was not good, not good at all. And, he had open looks because of the talent surrounding him at 'Nova.

Advertisement
My strategy toward the 2019-20 basketball roster. Update with the news of Anthony Mack's desire to transfer

Best case scenario: Harlond Beverly and Tristan Enaruna commit then Miami signs three grad transfer (2 bigs and one point guard)

Worse case scenario: Miami sign 5 grad transfers (1 point guard, 2 wing and 2 bigs to be named at a later date).

Current players projected to be on the roster (8 currently unless someone else enters the transfer portal):

PGs: Chris Lykes and Isaiah Wong
SGs: DJ Vasiljevic and Kam Mcgusty
SFs: N/A
Stretch F: Sam Waardenberg
PF: Anthony Walker and Deng Gak
C: Rodney Miller

Walk-ons: Willie Herenton and Dominic Proctor

Post your strategy and as always,

GO CANES.
What are the chances they land Beverly and Enaruna? Are they planning on taking an OV? Why haven’t 2019 players signed with anyone yet like they do football?

What are the chances they land Beverly and Enaruna? Are they planning on taking an OV? Why haven’t 2019 players signed with anyone yet like they do football?

Basketball players differ from football players as they want to know who will be on the team with them. They also look at fit, opportunity to play early and often along with the chance to start. Late bloomers happen more often in basketball as a player may leave for the NBA or transfer unexpectedly forcing a coach to fill the roster spot.

Miami has been active recruiting both of them for a while now. They have decided to take the recruiting process slower than some basketball players. Both should schedule official visits soon as their high school basketball season will end this weekend. Actually, Tristan Enaruna's season ended yesterday with their loss to Oak Hill Academy.

Advertisement
Wonder if L has Euros and/or more Aussies under consideration -- either as Plan A's or Plan B's. Ones more in the mold of Manu and DJ, of course.

Advertisement
Back