Tracy Howard's Impact this season

I still see Brandon Harris with Tracy Howard.

Tracy might be a little better in press coverage, but they remind me of each other physically and in terms of career projection.

Advertisement

Michael Floyd completely ruined Harris' legacy amongst Canes fans.

I know Harris might not have ever been what we all dreamed of, but he was pretty good while here. If Howard can bring Brandon Harris type ability into a more stable program then he'll have a great career here.

Michael Floyd completely ruined Harris' legacy amongst Canes fans.

I know Harris might not have ever been what we all dreamed of, but he was pretty good while here. If Howard can bring Brandon Harris type ability into a more stable program then he'll have a great career here.

Agree with this. Harris was terrible in that ND game, but so was the entire team. Kid gave us some good play and was solid for 3 years.

I feel like he will have 3 picks and be a solid player as a freshman. I could also see A. Crawford getting a lot of PT. B. McGee had better get his game together or he is going to be passed up by the freshman quickly.

Advertisement
Brandon Harris to me was just a solid player. Didn't make the spectacular play or game-changing sort of play, but was just an overall solid football player in which you knew what you were getting from him.

Brandon Harris to me was just a solid player. Didn't make the spectacular play or game-changing sort of play, but was just an overall solid football player in which you knew what you were getting from him.

Yeah, you put him on those great Canes defenses in the past and I think he would have been a star. He was on that fringe of being a really really good player.

I still dont think Howard and Harris is a very good comparison, not when they were seniors in high school anyway.

Advertisement
It is a shame that Brandon Harris is getting a bad rap among canes fans. My assumption is because he wasn't on great teams while at Miami and hasn't produced in the NFL.

He was able to come in as a freshmen and hold his own better than any CB on last year's roster (not saying much). But, basically, as a freshman he was very solid and dependable in every game except against FSU when Greg Carr owned him with size.

He was at a position where it's harder to stand out, but he did his job exceptionally well for the majority of 3 years. It was basically Greg Carr abusing him as a freshman and Michael Floyd abusing him in his final game as a hurricane that seem to stand out more than his dependable play.

He didn't have too many huge game changing plays at Miami, and that hurts his image in the fans eyes. But, one HUGE play that Harris made that is very underrated was against Clemson as a Jr.

Ahead 27-21, Brandon Harris stopped Ellington on 4th-and-1 from Miami's 20 with 8:20 to go, ending the Tigers' comeback bid.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/coll...-help-hurricanes-defeat-clemson#ixzz1r5f1CaOK

That was an elite play

agree

Yeah, you put him on those great Canes defenses in the past and I think he would have been a star. He was on that fringe of being a really really good player.

I still dont think Howard and Harris is a very good comparison, not when they were seniors in high school anyway.

It is a shame that Brandon Harris is getting a bad rap among canes fans. My assumption is because he wasn't on great teams while at Miami and hasn't produced in the NFL.

He was able to come in as a freshmen and hold his own better than any CB on last year's roster (not saying much). But, basically, as a freshman he was very solid and dependable in every game except against FSU when Greg Carr owned him with size.

He was at a position where it's harder to stand out, but he did his job exceptionally well for the majority of 3 years. It was basically Greg Carr abusing him as a freshman and Michael Floyd abusing him in his final game as a hurricane that seem to stand out more than his dependable play.

He didn't have too many huge game changing plays at Miami, and that hurts his image in the fans eyes. But, one HUGE play that Harris made that is very underrated was against Clemson as a Jr.

Ahead 27-21, Brandon Harris stopped Ellington on 4th-and-1 from Miami's 20 with 8:20 to go, ending the Tigers' comeback bid.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/coll...-help-hurricanes-defeat-clemson#ixzz1r5f1CaOK

That was an elite play

big time players make big time plays

Advertisement
y'all are stupid....Harris was not terrible that ND game...he had one really bad play

smh

Another huge play was his strip sack of Landry Jones. Biggest play in the OU game in my opinion.

Harris could tackle, flip his hips (Deion thought he was the most fluid kid at the combine) and could play the ball. His fatal flaw in the pros is that he's not that big and not that fast. Just like Howard. Both guys are also football junkies with a very good mental makeup.

lets be honest... harris wouldve never seen the field if PP wouldve signed.... dude was overrated like a mug...

Advertisement
lol at some of you posters, so let me get this right, one bad game in a bowl game totally wipes out how good he was during his collegiate career? FOH

It's a real good thing we didn't have the internet for the years of our NC teams.

Guys on here would have ripped our players apart. Our coaches apart. Our play-calling apart. JJ would have left after his first season.

We have so many frikkin' experts on so many aspects of the game, I don't know what in **** they're doing here when they should be out coaching National Championship teams . . .

Don't understand all of this.. He solidified that position for us for 3 years and was more than a solid player.. Not every college team can have PP's year in and year out. I will be happy if TH gives us a solid 3 years.. you can't expect him to save our program or else call him a bust... Get real

Advertisement
Back