Tracy Howard's Impact this season

I think he leaves here a top talent. Top end speed can be so overrated. If we can put some talent around him on D and let him do his thing, be physical, and not have him turn and run all day long, he could have a brilliant career.

Got my eye on Crawford though too for sure. Got some nice prospects coming in at DB for sure.

Advertisement
Got to believe he will be a standout on special teams this year and get some play at CB when we bring in a extra CB. But in the long run he gets moved to Safety because of his outstanding knowledge of the game, very smart football kid who does lots of film room study. Also Bush is more ready to start and better at man coverage.

We didn't recruit Howard to play safety. He we the top ranked covet guy in the nation. Unbelievable how he is already being picked apart for all the stuff he won't do as a Hurricane. He will probably take some lumps this season, just like every corner does. But as of the moment he steps on campus, he is the most talented guy we have at the position on the roster. He is physical and can play off as well. He and Bush are actually perfect compliments in that one is a pure press corner and the other can play either technique.

We need at least 1 ne guy in the rotation from day 1. If its Howard (hope he is, BTW) he should have more than a couple of plays to make since he will get thrown to.

Advertisement
We need at least 1 ne guy in the rotation from day 1. If its Howard (hope he is, BTW) he should have more than a couple of plays to make since he will get thrown to.

I think we are going to need 2-3 ready to go by day 1. I think Howard is the most ready to play, Hope has a head start as he is in school already, and Crawford seems like a fan favorite to get early time. Bush seems to have the highest ceiling but may need a little more patience than some of the other guys.

How come we had no clue who Crawford was until after the playoff game.

How come we had no clue who Crawford was until after the playoff game.

Because he was an average WR and a very skinny running back before switching to CB and showing his true talent sometime during this season. showed out in the playoffs and the rest is history

Advertisement
Howard is ready to play from Day 1. If he gets only 3 INTs thats better then any CB we had last year.

He's a #1 cover corner hes not playing SS/FS.

Also Bush might Redshirt and if he plays its limited playing time

He will get quality snaps. Make mistakes, learn and improve week after week. Nothing flashy, IMHO.

u guys are killing me with the speed thing with Tracy

Revis and Nnamdi and cats like them are like mid 4.5 guys. when are you going to learn that it's about agility, ability to read and react, and short area quickness with a CB. speed is great, no doubt, but it's not the first thing you look for with a CB

Advertisement
crawford is more like janoris jenkins if you ask me... I still don't know what ppl see in howard to make him the top corner in the state.

Revis and Nnamdi and cats like them are like mid 4.5 guys. when are you going to learn that it's about agility, ability to read and react, and short area quickness with a CB. speed is great, no doubt, but it's not the first thing you look for with a CB

Preach on.

Advertisement

THIS

Revis ran a 4.38 at his pro day.. Nnamdi ran a 4.45 at the combine.

It all depends on the type of corner you are. Some corners excel at the start of the route. A player like Nnamdi is a winner at the line. A guy like Revis succeeds not only at the line, but also at the end of the route with his closing speed and ability at the top of the route. Then you have a guy like Jonathan Joseph or Brandon Flowers or on the come up, Joe Haden that excels on the back end of the route and closes...the types of guys that pick off a lot of passes and break up a lot of passes.

Duval, you're absolutely right. Top end means very little in a good CB.

Quickness. Quickness in reads, quickness in initial contact, quickness to anticipate, quickness to react, and if you're really quick, a good corner playing in the receiver's face will take him completely out of the play.

We don't get good corners from a damned dog track.

Revis ran a 4.38 at his pro day.. Nnamdi ran a 4.45 at the combine.

It all depends on the type of corner you are. Some corners excel at the start of the route. A player like Nnamdi is a winner at the line. A guy like Revis succeeds not only at the line, but also at the end of the route with his closing speed and ability at the top of the route. Then you have a guy like Jonathan Joseph or Brandon Flowers or on the come up, Joe Haden that excels on the back end of the route and closes...the types of guys that pick off a lot of passes and break up a lot of passes.

Good stuff.

Some people aren't big fans of the comparison game. I think it is very useful in gauging a player's style and possibly his talent level.

With that said, I never really saw it when people compared Howard to Janoris Jenkins (and actually like the comparison of Crawford to Jenkins much better). But, as you mentioned Joe Haden, it got me thinking that could be a pretty solid comparison to Howard's playing style at CB and physical ability (not as strong a tackler/hitter) currently. What do you think?

Unfortunate bringing up so many former gators

Advertisement
Back