Tracy Howard's Impact this season

gacericardo

Junior
Since he is still not at Miami I put this here. But the question is what are you expecting from him? A Patrick Peterson type freshman year? A Brandon Harris type Freshman year or a Janoris type freshman year. Also I'm posting the over/under at 4 picks. I am expecting an impact for sure but don't know exactly how excited I should be. I still have nightmares of Brandon Harris getting abused in that FSU game. Im hoping for more of a Janoris type freshman year.

Advertisement
2 picks
12 PBU

GO I'm thinking Janoris Jenkins.. He is more polished than B.Harris.

I think he will have more of a Janoris Jenkins type of freshman season. Dude is a pure shut down corner and its hard to keep a gsy like him off the field regardless of the experience ahead of him. if the cbs particularly Mcgee play average he will be starting by mid season. I will say he gets about 3 ints

Advertisement
He is way ahead of where Harris was when he was in high school.

I also expect him to be starting early.

He will get burned early and often. Brandon Harris is in the NFL.........Tracey Howard is a highschool senior

Janoris Jenkins had the luxury of playing on a 11 and 10 win team with plenty of safety talent.

**** like this is why an 8 win season this season will be a dissapointment for you guys. The kid has not even attended his prom yet

He will get burned early and often. Brandon Harris is in the NFL.........Tracey Howard is a highschool senior

Janoris Jenkins had the luxury of playing on a 11 and 10 win team with plenty of safety talent.

**** like this is why an 8 win season this season will be a dissapointment for you guys. The kid has not even attended his prom yet

Don't get it confused. He will be starting because our depth chart sucks.

I don't think he will be out there playing All American ball at first, but he is more ready to step on the field early than Harris was IMO. Harris was a **** of an athlete and football player in high school, but he didnt have the true corner skills like Howard does at this point.

Advertisement

DVD is also in the NFL.

Nobody is saying that he is better than Brandon Harris currently. What I believe people are saying is that he is A LOT more technically sound and advanced than Brandon Harris was coming in as a freshman. IMO, a big part of the reason why Tracy Howard was ranked as the #1 CB was because of his high floor. He doesn't have the highest ceiling of the CBs we brought in for this class (I believe Deon Bush and Antonio Crawford have higher ceilings), but he has the highest floor, meaning he is most college ready. Obviously he still has room to improve and I believe he will have some bumps this season, but I would be surprised if he is not one of the CB starters.

You could tell that Howard understands the game of football. He has knowledge of route combinations, what the rest of a defenses responsibilities are and he has instincts. How else do you get 8-10 (?) interceptions in a season at CB while you are already a known commodity?

Im still in the category that fears the kid will be a "bust" (for lack of a better term). I have serious concerns about his top end speed and ability to keep up with the speed of the next level. Quite frankly, if this kid was a freshman all-american or a four year special teams player, I would not be surprised either way.

Zero picks and A Crawford will give him a run for his money at that position.
Since he is still not at Miami I put this here. But the question is what are you expecting from him? A Patrick Peterson type freshman year? A Brandon Harris type Freshman year or a Janoris type freshman year. Also I'm posting the over/under at 4 picks. I am expecting an impact for sure but don't know exactly how excited I should be. I still have nightmares of Brandon Harris getting abused in that FSU game. Im hoping for more of a Janoris type freshman year.

Advertisement
He could be the next Willie Williams or Kyle Wright and do nothing...

Or he could be the next Willis McGahee or Vernon Carey... top recruits that take a while to develop.

Or he could be an impact player right out of the gate. We've seen it to many times before, the 3 star kid jumps out ahead of the 5-star. Don't fall in love with star rankings.

Lets just get these 30 kids on Greentree and see what we got. Until then, its all spec!

Im still in the category that fears the kid will be a "bust" (for lack of a better term). I have serious concerns about his top end speed and ability to keep up with the speed of the next level. Quite frankly, if this kid was a freshman all-american or a four year special teams player, I would not be surprised either way.

I see where you're coming from. his speed is a bit of a concern IMO...it will probably hold him back from ever being a real elite guy a la Patrick Johnson.

I think he will be a good player for us though

solid starter early on....he has more understanding of coverages than any cb were bringing in....can play zone etc...

dont think he starts bt he'll log some time for us....

their going to have to play atch up to Hope when they get in

Advertisement
i think howard will have an impact, i just dont know if it will be on the field right away. He may shock us all and start, but i predict him working his way into nickel and dime packages midway thru the year. Maybe 2 picks. I think the one to watch is Deon Bush. He's a legit 6'0, 185 right now, and his press coverage is unbelieveable, along with great hips and speed. I think if he isn't moved to safety, he's gonna end up as the freshman corner that makes the biggest impact.

But really, Hope, Vernon Davis, Crawford, Howard, Bush...these are all impact players. Could be any of them, having so many that can play should give all of us relief that the 2 who see the field will be excellent.

I'll take the under and say he gets 6 tackles on special teams . I think he will have a good career at UM but to expect a freshman to play at high level right out of the gate might be wishful thinking .

I dont expect him to have any picks but I do think he will have an impact and be a solid cover corner even as a freshman. He has a chance of being great at miami.

Advertisement
Back