Tracy Howard Interview on Time at Miami

Advertisement
Alot of stuff we already knew

- Golden and D'Nofrio were not good fits for SoFla players
- D'Nofrio's defense was trash
- The Miami Culture was a losing culture at the time
- And Tracy was honestly probably overrated coming out of HS
Miami culture was losing culture? Dog they been had lost culture under Coker and that **** has never been revived cause we get the wrong players. We need dogs and we think we get dogs and we recruit puppies.

Advertisement
Where are all the posters who claim Alfraud Golden would have succeeded at UM if he just cut free Dorito?
Was this not Shannon's players influencing Golden's players? It doesn't seem like Tracy's class would have been partying if it wasn't for the upperclassmen. Either way, Golden didn't fix the culture but he also didn't create it.

Just glad that time is now mostly behind us.

Solid player and good cane, but wouldn't have lit a fire at UF or anywhere else. A physically gifted film study geek should excel in any defense, but didn't.

I’m not coming at u specifically, but I’m responding to this post after reading other similar in this thread:

I don’t get these comments. It’s like a subconscious, underhanded way to still protect the bull chit that went on. For anyone saying Tracy wouldn’t have done this or that at UF, how in the possible fck can u know this? Ur basing that off his time here. Who knows what he would’ve been w/ better coaching. Maybe the coaches at another program highlight his strengths, while minimizing his weakness. Maybe he gets moved to S. Would he still most likely not be in the NFL in 2021? Probably, b/c that’s a different animal. But, he might have had a better chance getting drafted or hanging around longer w/ better coaching. At the end of the day, we don’t know.

But, if U want an example of what I’m referring to regarding change of coaches? Go look at Redwine & how a coaching change & position change got him being the whipping boy, to getting checks. Go look at Adrian Colbert. Go look at Baker Mayfield. Go look at Jalen Hurts.

I can literally go on & on how players projection changed w/ different coaching. There’s literally no way u, I, or anyone can pontificate what a player would or would not do under different circumstances unless it actually happened.

Last edited:
when you start to lose, you will lose players throughout the season. happened under richt, happened under Manny, happened under randy, happened under golden. that isnt surprising. the biggest issue is the scheme which we knew about before the interview

Advertisement
I wish I had the caneinsider post where I finally snapped on Alf. It was @unc and watching that te Ebron run wide open up the seam then entire half. Then Mr positive Cribby lost his ****, I was like “ f this **** , win or lose I’m out. Then the coach slurpers came at me. @IndayArtHauz do you remember my first heel turn? It rivaled hogan at bash at the beach.

I wish I had the caneinsider post where I finally snapped on Alf. It was @unc and watching that te Ebron run wide open up the seam then entire half. Then Mr positive Cribby lost his ****, I was like “ f this **** , win or lose I’m out. Then the coach slurpers came at me. @IndayArtHauz do you remember my first heel turn? It rivaled hogan at bash at the beach.
I do because it was so unlike you. That was back when it all started.

Everyone was like “ but we won, why are you complaining”? Sometimes a win can expose you more than a loss. I normally give three full years but that went In the trash.
It was the prototypical UM game and become the standard since: a win so ugly you can’t actually celebrate and leave with more concerns than validations.

Advertisement
I’m not coming at u specifically, but I’m responding to this post after reading other similar in this thread:

I don’t get these comments. It’s like a subconscious, underhanded way to still protect the bull chit that went on. For anyone saying Tracy wouldn’t have done this or that at UF, how in the possible fck can u know this? Ur basing that off his time here. Who knows what he would’ve been w/ better coaching. Maybe the coaches at another program highlight his strengths, while minimizing his weakness. Maybe he gets moved to S. Would he still most likely not be in the NFL in 2021? Probably, b/c that’s a different animal. But, he might have had a better chance getting drafted or hanging around longer w/ better coaching. At the end of the day, we don’t know.

But, if u U want an example of what I’m referring to regarding change of coaches? Go look at Redwine & how a coaching change & position change got him being the whipping boy, to getting checks. Go look at Adrian Colbert. Go look at Baker Mayfield. Go look at Jalen Hurts.

I can literally go on & on how players projection changed w/ different coaching. There’s literally no way u, I, or anyone can pontificate what a player would or would not do under different circumstances unless it actually happened.
Not disagreeing completely about coaching. But Howard went to the men's league. Raw talent gets coached up there all the time, which is the least you'd expect out of the #1 overall CB prospect. Maybe it hurts his draft status, but he should have balled out if here were that kind of player. It's not like being in the wrong scheme "ruined" him. Chick, who was hindered by both the scheme and the weight, was a way better pro. If he were lazy or something, that'd be one thing. But a true film hound would have been waiting to be unleashed. He just wasn't that good.

Dude averaged 2 tackles a game and had 5 total picks in three years as a starter. He was a good solid player. But that's all. No shame in that, that's all I am at my job.

Was this not Shannon's players influencing Golden's players? It doesn't seem like Tracy's class would have been partying if it wasn't for the upperclassmen. Either way, Golden didn't fix the culture but he also didn't create it.
So you blame Randy for Golden’s issues. Why blame Randy? Wasn’t the culture going bad a Coker issue?

Does it make sense to absolve failed coaches because of their predecessors? Golden failed because Coker?

No one said the culture was all Golden’s fault, kn any case. But his job was to fox it, and he failed. And plenty in the comments suggest Golden’s failures weren’t all Dorito’s fault, which was the point of my comment.

But amazing that people still defend Golden.

Advertisement
And plenty in the comments suggest Golden’s failures weren’t all Dorito’s fault, which was the point of my comment.

Yup, it was Golden's D, He ran the same bull$h!t scheme when He was the DC at UVA.

Should've known His scheme was complete & utter garbage when Frank Gore ran through that $h!t in 04' vs UVA.

Last edited:
Man I remember that game. I couldn’t believe it.
**** I knew we were in for a long ride after Maryland

I lost it during the 2011 Maryland game, unfortunately.

Advertisement
Back