Tracy Howard Interview on Time at Miami

Advertisement
Thanks for the translation.

king of the hill animation GIF

So you're knocking a guy for giving Cliff's Notes of a 53 minute video?

Bold strategy.

Just goes to show why culture matters. This must be what it's like to be FSU right now.
It’s true. Just ask Matt Campbell. He’s always talking about how they might not have 5 star players but they have a 5 star culture. That’s why they’ll be a preseason top 10 team.

Advertisement
- One thing that really shocked him was his freshman year after their first loss the team threw a party
- He didn't go, wasn't used to losing and although he didn't play he was ****ed
- That wore out and they accepted losing and were always partying after every game
- No one cared about winning, if someone would get ****ed they would look at them like they crazy

I hope this has been eliminated, but judging by what I have seen on social media the last few years, I am not sure that this part of our culture is completely gone yet.

****, they ruined this man career. That's probably #1 reason why top tier CB's didn't sign with us.

HS recruit: I'm about to sign with Miami
Non-miami recruiter: I hear ya, but you see how Tracy Howard career went
HS recruit: ****, you're right

This why T-Rob was hired, to eliminate that mindset.

****, they ruined this man career. That's probably #1 reason why top tier CB's didn't sign with us.

HS recruit: I'm about to sign with Miami
Non-miami recruiter: I hear ya, but you see how Tracy Howard career went
HS recruit: ****, you're right

This why T-Rob was hired, to eliminate that mindset.
Don't think Tracy has that much clout tbh.

Advertisement
You're reaching because obviously no one is saying to go out there and get penalties... But there is literally nothing wrong with talking trash and clapping at a player. And you must don't watch college football because literally every team taunts. Did you not watch every single unc player throw down the U...?? Did they get flagged?? So yeah, YOU can take that soft **** you're talking about to another team. There's a difference between showing emotion and just being plain stupid.
Let’s be honest.... does the player get more positive comments or negative comments from CIS when talking during the games?

This board is way more shut up and play, you’re losing, than it is great to see emotion....

Advertisement
So you're knocking a guy for giving Cliff's Notes of a 53 minute video?

Bold strategy.

No, not knocking him at all, and of course what I actually did went right over your self-inflated head, you tiny, insufferable, stalking, bore of a human. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Take a deep breath and take another look at what I posted and come back and apologize. I'll let you have your milk back.

Or just, you know, dig in harder like usual and ruin yet another thread for everyone.

Christopher Reeve Meme GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s be honest.... does the player get more positive comments or negative comments from CIS when talking during the games?

This board is way more shut up and play, you’re losing, than it is great to see emotion....
Well... That's true. We shouldn't be talking crap when we're getting a **** stomped in. I think we all can agree with that lol

Here's a new interview with Tracy talking about UM and D'onfrio's system. A brief summary:

- D'onfrio's system consisted for CBs dropping back practically every play
- Was not allowed to freestyle or do anything other than dropping back
- Would get in arguments with D'onfrio, Golden and even other coaches because he knew the defense wasn't going to work
- Was constantly watching film and stated in college he knew 70% of the plays the opponent was going to run
- But regardless he couldn't do anything about it because he had to follow the system and bail
- The rest of the DBs in Miami never watched films
- Deon would watch 30 min max before getting bored and relying on keys and talent (still to this day does in the NFL)
- One thing that really shocked him was his freshman year after their first loss the team threw a party
- He didn't go, wasn't used to losing and although he didn't play he was ****ed
- That wore out and they accepted losing and were always partying after every game
- No one cared about winning, if someone would get ****ed they would look at them like they crazy
- Coaches wouldn't allow any trash talk and would threaten to bench you for the littlest things
- D'onfrio super smart and taught him a lot with nickel, but was stuck in his way and nothing would never change anything about his system

That is disgusting. And it went on for FIVE years.

Wait wait wait. The team threw a party after getting **** rolled by Kansas State his freshman year which was their first loss of the season? They beat BC in a shootout and then went to Kansas State the next week.
Okay...that's even more disgusting!

Did they party after the Clemson blowout?

Who would be surprised by this? We all saw this on the field And sidelines. No trash talking was a Shalala mandate. I remember when at the U the team lost more than they won. They would “party” after all the games but it was more like a funeral with booze and girls than a New Year’s Eve gala.

Advertisement
Back