Tracy Howard Interview on Time at Miami

Advertisement
This isn't the first time that a former player has said Dorito was "super smart" or something to that extent. Makes me think he wowed them by naming all 50 state capitals or doing long division in his head or some **** because that m-f'er was essentially so stupid that he cost both him AND Alfredo their jobs.

Some guys just aren't film junkies and I didn't know that about Deon.

Reed was a film junkie and while here, Taylor wasn't. It works out for some guys and is what it is.

Telling interview. Not all that concerned about the party stuff though. These kids are just made different, not all, but most are always down to party and can still put in work the next day.

Advertisement
There’s nothing in that interview that anyone who actually followed the team didn’t already know. D’Onofrio was a smart guy but it was definitely a case of too smart for his own good. It would be like having an astrophysicist teach science to a tenth grade class. The guy had no idea how to relate and would fly off the handle when college kids didn’t easily grasp his overly complicated concepts. I always laugh when people here say they want a coach who gets into players’ faces and screams and yells at them because that’s literally all donuts did.

I think Howard could have been a Jaquan Johnson type of safety here. A smaller guy who wasn’t much of an athlete but was consistently in the right spot and could make plays by being ahead of the game mentally. I don’t think he would have been much more than a mediocre corner though, no matter what defense he played in.

Advertisement
The part that made me mad is when he said they didn't allow him to play "Dade county" football. They wanted players to just be quiet and play. Dude would get yelled at for clapping in the opps face smh. Couldn't trash talk or nothing. No wonder we were soft as baby **** lol

My point is, you can't recruit "Dogs" and try to tame them to be puppies.
My point is that you can't do stupid crap and catch penalties left and right. This is the problem. You can play with enthusiasm, and not do crap that will inevitably put your team at a disadvantage. You want to taunt, you want to be a jackass? Do it somewhere else, because no team that is winning is consistently playing that way anymore.

I still remember popping big when TH put on that UM Swag hat.

Everyone thought he was all UF and we were so hyped.

His athletic ceiling was limited but still, what a waste of talent and what a horrible horrible five years. Whoever hired Golden etc should have been sent to jail.
i thought stacy coley was the swag hat?

Yeah our fan base is ******* nuts, but don’t tell me we don’t read this sh*t like a book because we always know whose sh*t stinks and whose doesn’t.

Advertisement
My point is that you can't do stupid crap and catch penalties left and right. This is the problem. You can play with enthusiasm, and not do crap that will inevitably put your team at a disadvantage. You want to taunt, you want to be a jackass? Do it somewhere else, because no team that is winning is consistently playing that way anymore.
You're reaching because obviously no one is saying to go out there and get penalties... But there is literally nothing wrong with talking trash and clapping at a player. And you must don't watch college football because literally every team taunts. Did you not watch every single unc player throw down the U...?? Did they get flagged?? So yeah, YOU can take that soft **** you're talking about to another team. There's a difference between showing emotion and just being plain stupid.

There’s nothing in that interview that anyone who actually followed the team didn’t already know. D’Onofrio was a smart guy but it was definitely a case of too smart for his own good. It would be like having an astrophysicist teach science to a tenth grade class. The guy had no idea how to relate and would fly off the handle when college kids didn’t easily grasp his overly complicated concepts. I always laugh when people here say they want a coach who gets into players’ faces and screams and yells at them because that’s literally all donuts did.

I think Howard could have been a Jaquan Johnson type of safety here. A smaller guy who wasn’t much of an athlete but was consistently in the right spot and could make plays by being ahead of the game mentally. I don’t think he would have been much more than a mediocre corner though, no matter what defense he played in.
Yeah he even said once he got to the NFL, I think at Jacksonville, ge realized he was a natural safety and the game was much easier for him.

Advertisement
Just glad that time is now mostly behind us.

Solid player and good cane, but wouldn't have lit a fire at UF or anywhere else. A physically gifted film study geek should excel in any defense, but didn't.

Tracey might not have been a 4.3 or 4.4 guy but he was an athlete. Played against that stacked Mirarmar team in high school. He could compete with any receiver

Advertisement
Back