Totally and completely OT: Is this spouse worth $36 BILLION dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
All this nuptial stuff ain't nothing to a crying POON on the witness stand makeup running and a slow drool mouth wide open and not a sound coming out...

GOCANES

1. I'm sure the OP has redeeming qualities, but showing an unflattering picture and asking "Is she worth it?" shows a serious lack of class.

2. The reason women get what they get is that they're home with the kids. Them being at home, allows the spouse to work. Cuz he ain't building Amazon with a 3 year old on his hip.
I’m guessing daycare or a nanny still don’t cost $36B. I only pay $1,200 a month for two kids in the best daycare in town.

But it doesn't have anything to do with taking care of kids or cooking meals or cleaning the house. I'm not a lawyer so please forgive me if I make a mistake.
Marital assets are split in half. If while the duration a marriage you acquire $10M of worth, the spouse is entitled to half ($5M) barring any prenup stipulations or premarital assets.
Correct. In an equitable distribution state, any property obtained while married is considered marital property and each spouse has a right to 50%. No other analysis is done, pure 50/50 to each party. I was just explaining the public policy behind why that is. It isn't a matter of who contributed what.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I disagree. Sorry. Finishing a competitive PhD now and married while also working and I still make time to cook, get groceries, do trash etc, laundry, take on the majority of the bills, and make consistent time for my wife. If my wife (whom I love) wanted to divorce me, the fact that she would get half when I have been supporting her, going to school, also doing things around the home, doing my PhD, etc would be nothing short of repulsive.

There needs to be a more sophisticated option as an intermediate to a prenup and typical marriage.
I hear you, man, and it obviously isn't a solution that plays out fairly to all parties in all situations. But states like Florida chose to take the easy-to-determine route and just make all property earned while married be marital property and split 50/50. Fair or not, it just is what it is. Property you had prior to marriage is considered non-marital and the other spouse has no entitlement to it. The 50/50 split of marital property even applies to money earned in an IRA/retirement account while married. It applies to everything.

The intermediate thing you speak of IS the prenup. A prenup doesn't mean an agreement where the non-working spouse gets nothing. It simply means a contract entered into by the parties to change the default 50/50 marital property split that Florida law mandates. A husband and wife can draft any kind of prenuptial agreement they want. It could be she gets nothing; it could be she gets 30%; it could list specific assets and who gets what; or you could even draft an agreement that uses some formula to base who gets what based on who contributed to it. So you can use a prenup to come up with any kind of intermediate you want between her getting half and her getting nothing.

Don't really think this one is about the "sexes." If she was the gazillionaire and she stepped out on him, he'd be collecting $$$ too.

Ladies and gentlemen,

What the **** is going on. I get some people might not like Jeff Bezos or his politics. That’s not what this is about.

He conceived the concept and implemented one of the great companies of the modern technological era.

After years of struggle and hard work, the company turned profitable and is without question one of the great successes of the modern Internet age, and the way commerce is conducted versus 20 years ago.

Now I’m sure his wife was very supportive, and did no small share in her support of him. But is that support worth $36 billion? I mean are you kidding me?

You need to put a dollar value on spousal support in a divorce, but ain’t nobody getting $36 billion worth of spousal support. He could’ve been successful without her “support”

Just another indication of our arcane system of looking at the sexes, and sometimes it’s the man that gets the raw end of the deal. I’m sure he doesn’t care, because he has billions anyway in the other 75%. But for the rest of us schlubs, it sure doesn’t seem right.

Here honey take half of everything I’ve earned, take half of my net worth. Doesn’t matter if it’s male or female. It’s just not right.

Flame away, I just had to get that off my chest. $36 billion my ***.

Jeff Bezos to keep 75% of couple's Amazon stock after finalizing divorce

View attachment 82837
It’s a very flawed system. She should receive enough to continue her lifestyle as should anyone on that end of the deal. 36 billion is stupid.

Advertisement
It was very good to buy 3,000 shares during week of April 7, 2014 until April 11, 2014 at average price of $326.63. I have not yet sold my position in Amzn.

Cmon DONKEY even your corral-mates are laughing at that one :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

The only stock you know about is livestock....

but keep on trying to impress ......it's hilarious

Advertisement
#1 - the government involved in marriage is a sham in the first place. Anyone justifying this nonsense by touting "its da law" are f'n geeks, snakes in the grass, or buffoons.

#2 - I have no problems with Mrs. Bezos in the first place...but there is nothing on planet earth she could have done to justify THIRTY SIX BILLION DOLLARS riding this Adrian Veidt level super villian's coattails morally, ethically, or anything beyond the horrendous legal system in this country. If Jeff Bezos wanted to cut her a check because he still loves her and felt some obligation to drop a bag on her...more power to him and hats off...

But given a state-ordered mandate to cut a check for THIRTY SIX BILLION DOLLARS?

The second largest divorce settlement was only ONE POINT SIX BILLION DOLLARS...Mac Bezos got THIRTY TIMES that? Man, get lost if you support the finessing of this man's fortune.

This situation + the attempted take down of Joe Biden this past week got your boy very mad about the state of affairs in this country.

Last edited:
I hear you, man, and it obviously isn't a solution that plays out fairly to all parties in all situations. But states like Florida chose to take the easy-to-determine route and just make all property earned while married be marital property and split 50/50. Fair or not, it just is what it is. Property you had prior to marriage is considered non-marital and the other spouse has no entitlement to it. The 50/50 split of marital property even applies to money earned in an IRA/retirement account while married. It applies to everything.

The intermediate thing you speak of IS the prenup. A prenup doesn't mean an agreement where the non-working spouse gets nothing. It simply means a contract entered into by the parties to change the default 50/50 marital property split that Florida law mandates. A husband and wife can draft any kind of prenuptial agreement they want. It could be she gets nothing; it could be she gets 30%; it could list specific assets and who gets what; or you could even draft an agreement that uses some formula to base who gets what based on who contributed to it. So you can use a prenup to come up with any kind of intermediate you want between her getting half and her getting nothing.
What about property inherited during the marriage?

Advertisement
What about property inherited during the marriage?
Inheritance is one of the exceptions, it is generally not marital property. It becomes marital property if you co-mingle it with marital property though. So, for example, if you inherit 100k while married and keep it in a separate bank account it will be non-marital and 100% yours if you divorce. But if you put that 100k into your joint bank account, it suddenly all becomes marital property. A lot of people do not realize that and get burned by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back