Totally and completely OT: Is this spouse worth $36 BILLION dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 - the government involved in marriage is a sham in the first place. Anyone justifying this nonsense by touting "its da law" are f'n geeks, snakes in the grass, or buffoons.

#2 - I have no problems with Mrs. Bezos in the first place...but there is nothing on planet earth she could have done to justify THIRTY SIX BILLION DOLLARS riding this Adrian Veidt level super villian's coattails morally, ethically, or anything beyond the horrendous legal system in this country. If Jeff Bezos wanted to cut her a check because he still loves her and felt some obligation to drop a bag on her...more power to him and hats off...

But given a state-ordered mandate to cut a check for THIRTY SIX BILLION DOLLARS?

The second largest divorce settlement was only ONE POINT SIX BILLION DOLLARS...Mac Bezos got THIRTY TIMES that? Man, get lost if you support the finessing of this man's fortune.

This situation + the attempted take down of Joe Biden this past week got your boy very mad about the state of affairs in this country.
What the **** did I just read?

When someone says "it's the law" it doesn't mean they necessarily support it. You may need to sit down for this, but your typical citizen doesn't get to CHOOSE the laws that apply to them. There are laws in place decided by others, and until those laws are changed, they apply to everyone. So a non-working spouse gets 50% of marital property under Florida law. Period. You don't have to be a "f'in geek, snake in the grass, or buffoon" to simply point out what the law is.

There was no state or court ordered mandate for Bezos to cut a check for $36 billion. The parties reached a settlement out of court. Nothing was forced on either of them. Having said that, if it went to court, the wife probably would have ended up with much more than $36 billion.

Advertisement

When someone says "it's the law" it doesn't mean they necessarily support it. You may need to sit down for this, but your typical citizen doesn't get to CHOOSE the laws that apply to them. There are laws in place decided by others, and until those laws are changed, they apply to everyone. So a non-working spouse gets 50% of marital property under Florida law. Period. You don't have to be a "f'in geek, snake in the grass, or buffoon" to simply point out what the law is.

There was no state or court ordered mandate for Bezos to cut a check for $36 billion. The parties reached a settlement out of court. Nothing was forced on either of them. Having said that, if it went to court, the wife probably would have ended up with much more than $36 billion.

GEEK! lol at anyone using that line as an adult

Inheritance is one of the exceptions, it is generally not marital property. It becomes marital property if you co-mingle it with marital property though. So, for example, if you inherit 100k while married and keep it in a separate bank account it will be non-marital and 100% yours if you divorce. But if you put that 100k into your joint bank account, it suddenly all becomes marital property. A lot of people do not realize that and get burned by it.
Or sell the inherited house that was in just your name and buy one in both names.

Advertisement
This thread is hilarious. It demonstrates 2 things. First, majority have no clue who this woman is...LOL and still dont even though they've been told. Second, this is exactly why women get what they get. The OP is clearly looking at a woman as nothing more than a sexual object, property who does nothing more than satisfy. when in this case, she actually deserves everything she got and then more. Just tuck your tail and go home on this one. This was the wrong example to do virtue signaling about divorce law. LOL

The Saudi Billionaire that divorced his American wife only had to cut a check for 75M to his ex wife...less than 1% of his fortune.

Bezos has to cut a check a 30% check?

I'm just sayin.

Because those were his US based assets. She would have to sue in each individual country where all his assets are held, based on their individual divorce laws.

Good luck to her.

Advertisement
My wife is the same boat. Question, just compare notes: What part does ur wife agree w and what part doesn’t she agree w?

The part where I say his wife did not provide $36 billion of spousal services and help for his business. And before people start saying how cold that is, how can you speak that way of a marriage. When it comes to a divorce, as my friends have told me that have gotten divorced, it becomes just that: a business equation at the end. Just ask the lawyers. That is what she agrees with.

The part she doesn’t agree with is this: that if she catches me with some bimbo, she’s going to go for every penny of the 50% or more and punish me in every way possible o_O

OP might have had a bad experience.

I was reading about a former musician who died recently, perhaps the leading session drummer of the '60's, Hal Blaine. Played on many, many of the great hits of the era. Later in life, he ended up working as a security guard. A divorce wiped him out, although I've read he managed to hold onto a few millions. (He should've finished his music career with a lot more than that.)

https://www.musicradar.com/news/dru...-my-11-greatest-recordings-of-all-time-450846

Great story. Blaine was married five times. That will suck up whatever money you made.

This thread is hilarious. It demonstrates 2 things. First, majority have no clue who this woman is...LOL and still dont even though they've been told. Second, this is exactly why women get what they get. The OP is clearly looking at a woman as nothing more than a sexual object, property who does nothing more than satisfy. when in this case, she actually deserves everything she got and then more. Just tuck your tail and go home on this one. This was the wrong example to do virtue signaling about divorce law. LOL

This.

Only illegals get to choose which laws apply to them.

Advertisement
The OP is clearly looking at a woman as nothing more than a sexual object, property who does nothing more than satisfy. when in this case, she actually deserves everything she got and then more. Just tuck your tail and go home on this one. This was the wrong example to do virtue signaling about divorce law. LOL

As if you know how I look at women.

How about I send my wife over to kick your scrawny ***.

I ONLY prefer strong women. I’m not the kind that goes for submissive types. My personality is too strong for that to be a good match. You on the other hand are one of those Alan Arkin “sensitive” and “attuned to women’s needs” guys, that women laugh at and never look at as a suitable mate. They’re never attracted to guys like you.

Good luck though you might find one of those ones that doesn’t shave her armpits and hates men. Sounds like your type

5F97A1E0-D74C-4F1A-A0AB-794B91EF41A8.gif

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
As if you know how I look at women.

How about I send my wife over to kick your scrawny ***.

I ONLY prefer strong women. I’m not the kind that goes for submissive types. My personality is too strong for that to be a good match. You on the other hand are one of those Alan Arkin “sensitive” and “attuned to women’s needs” guys, that women laugh at and never look at as a suitable mate. They’re never attracted to guys like you.

Good luck though you might find one of those ones that doesn’t shave her armpits and hates men. Sounds like your type

You have many replies in this thread, I think your view is very well represented and many people here see it. I think your ignorance to the facts about the woman in this divorce has been brought to your attention and now you have to resort to having your wife come fight me lol

Do you even read the crap you post before you post it?

You have many replies in this thread, I think your view is very well represented and many people here see it. I think your ignorance to the facts about the woman in this divorce has been brought to your attention and now you have to resort to having your wife come fight me lol

Do you even read the crap you post before you post it?

The thing is I’m well aware of what the laws are, no ignorance on my part there - I’m questioning the automatic 50% community property in many states, leading many here to think that he got off easy with just 25%.

This is not the 20th century when we were just recovering as a society from women being treated as mere property, when it was legal to beat your wife, when women had no power. We are way beyond that. Why do women need that 50% protection? Some do, and some don’t.

As far as this particular woman, I’ve actually done some looking into it, and no way in **** she deserves 36 billion based on what she’s contributed to the company. She’s only getting what she’s getting because of these arcane notions discussed ad naseaum.

Automatic 50% community property in many jurisdictions is a joke, it should be only be on a case-by-case basis

If you can’t discuss that without questioning somebody’s approach towards women, then you’re just a soft headed cuck.

I will.

You are discounting the fact that women can also have careers, lives, success etc on their own. This woman chose to start Amazon with her husband. They both left their lucrative jobs, both have degrees from princeton and are very smart individuals. In fact Bezos was selling his wife's book when he started the company Amazon. This woman negotiated their first freight contracts, was keeping books, making connections and landing clients. She was very instrumental in making sure this company called Amazon did not fail like so many tech startups at the time.

Now a personal example I have and one that echos across our country is the fact that many women do in fact give up opportunities to raise a family, support a spouse etc. My mother when she had my brother and I had a better job than my father and was about to become a southwest regional manager for one of the largest furniture rental companies in the United states. She decided to stay home and raise a family while my father grinded it out. Fast forward 30 years and they get divorced and things got split. My dad grew into the CFO of the country's largest service contractor in the United States.....now my mom could have done that same thing on her own, married someone else, or lived a totally different life. She was on that track before he was. They both have finance degrees....but 30 years later my mother had been out of the work force....no longer an attractive hire. What's a 52 year old woman to do when she quit working at 30? In a world that has changed so much. Think back to 1997......

So I want to know how you quantify someone's life. Because peoples real lives are affected in these types of situations. I personally do not think my mom should not get anything because my dad was the one that worked for most of our success, monetarily, as a family. How can someone support someone under the guise of "until death do us part" then hang them out to dry in their 50s with nothing? Can a price be put on it? Can a price be put on his 4 children, their well beingm No a price cannot be put on it, which is exactly why in this country we divide up the assets among the joint parties. Your life does not have a price tag. If you and your wife have $10, you split that. If you have $10million, you split that. They are assetts and all you see is BILLIONS. You are being blinded by exactly why divorce law is the way it is.

Many people see the trophy wife stealing the rich man's money. That is not a majority of divorces, rather a small fraction. Many people would never have the success they had without their stable home lives to keep them grounded.

Now, can you call your wife off? Because if you have to resort to having your wife fight for you, then that makes you the cuck my dawg. Remember you couldn't even respond to me without calling me names and are all of the sudden offended bc I read your comments and told you how you sound. You shouldn't write the things you do if you dont mean them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back