Totally and completely OT: Is this spouse worth $36 BILLION dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I’m well aware of what the laws are, no ignorance on my part there - I’m questioning the automatic 50% community property in many states, leading many here to think that he got off easy with just 25%.

This is not the 20th century when we were just recovering as a society from women being treated as mere property, when it was legal to beat your wife, when women had no power. We are way beyond that. Why do women need that 50% protection? Some do, and some don’t.

As far as this particular woman, I’ve actually done some looking into it, and no way in **** she deserves 36 billion based on what she’s contributed to the company. She’s only getting what she’s getting because of these arcane notions discussed ad naseaum.

Automatic 50% community property in many jurisdictions is a joke, it should be only be on a case-by-case basis

If you can’t discuss that without questioning somebody’s approach towards women, then you’re just a soft headed cuck.

Its an epidemic here, I guess.

This thread has been the following:

OP questions the legality and rationale behind this women being awarded/given the largest divorce settlement by 30x.

Responses include "but, its da law" or a variation of it.

OP and others respond that we are all aware of the legal implications, but are trying to steer this to a larger discussion.

Responses include new variations of "but, its da law" followed by insults and here we are.

Horrendous, disgusting display by some here. They actually think she really did something substantial to create Amazon or deserves a substantial cut for her efforts for a short time in 1995 where she did some secretary and assistant work.

Would love to revisit this thread in a decade where we can go in depth and analyze the revolutionary new supply chain model in e-commerce Mackenzie Tuttle comes up with with that $36 billion she has available to her. Either that or maybe we can come up with a poll of who will publish a novel first, MacKenzie Tuttle or George RR Martin.

You're been on point in this thread. Keep it up, brother.

Advertisement
Math is not a good subject here for many. Nor is the definition of assets or even the basic knowledge of wealth.

OP questions the legality and rationale behind this women being awarded/given the largest divorce settlement by 30x.

OP and others respond that we are all aware of the legal implications, but are trying to steer this to a larger discussion.

Responses include new variations of "but, its da law" followed by insults and here we are.

Horrendous, disgusting display by some here. They actually think she really did something substantial to create Amazon or deserves a substantial cut for her efforts for a short time in 1995 where she did some secretary and assistant work.

Would love to revisit this thread in a decade where we can go in depth and analyze the revolutionary new supply chain model in e-commerce Mackenzie Tuttle comes up with with that $36 billion she has available to her. Either that or maybe we can come up with a poll of who will publish a novel first, MacKenzie Tuttle or George RR Martin.

Thank you for getting it. I’m not personally attacking her or her husband. They made a decision that was best for them. As is their right. It was uncontested, and the amounts are so astronomical that it really doesn’t matter to them. There’s literally no way they can spend all this money in their lifetime.

But it’s the bigger picture that I am thinking about. Take for example the guy that starts up his own business, say an entrepreneur who through his own blood sweat and tears maybe has amassed not billions but hey, maybe a couple of million. While his wife, worked her own job, did her own thing, and maybe contributed 20% to the total net worth. Why is it automatically assumed she should get half?

Let’s just assume this hypothetical couple had no children, and all they ate was takeout. The house cleaning was done by paid maids. And while the wife was chasing her career, the husband was getting his business off the ground and successful.

In what world should she get 50% of everything? 50% of the house of course. The rest? The way I see it, she should get what she put in and he should get what he put in it or some fraction thereof.

Thank you for getting it. I’m not personally attacking her or her husband. They made a decision that was best for them. As is their right. It was uncontested, and the amounts are so astronomical that it really doesn’t matter to them. There’s literally no way they can spend all this money in their lifetime.

But it’s the bigger picture that I am thinking about. Take for example the guy that starts up his own business, say an entrepreneur who through his own blood sweat and tears maybe has amassed not billions but hey, maybe a couple of million. While his wife, worked her own job, did her own thing, and maybe contributed 20% to the total net worth. Why is it automatically assumed she should get half?

Let’s just assume this hypothetical couple had no children, and all they ate was takeout. The house cleaning was done by paid maids. And while the wife was chasing her career, the husband was getting his business off the ground and successful.

In what world should she get 50% of everything? 50% of the house of course. The rest? The way I see it, she should get what she put in and he should get what he put in it or some fraction thereof.

While "the lifestyle you're accustom to" definition may not exist anymore..."no fault" is just as bad...its a nonsense concept for a lazy, bloated, inefficient judicial system. Figure it out yourself or pay half. Great law code. Clearly effective.

Bro, $36 billion ain’t getting off easy.

No court was going to going to give her half. That was never going to happen

She had clear right to at least one half of everything. She was actually envolved with AZ from the beginning. If I was her attorney, I would have given him a choice of keeping 40% of AZ stuck with voting rights on all, or 50% with rights splits even and her picking equal members of the BOD. He got a sweet heart deal if there isn’t something we have heard about.

Advertisement

The lesson is don’t live in community property state.

She had clear right to at least one half of everything. She was actually envolved with AZ from the beginning. If I was her attorney, I would have given him a choice of keeping 40% of AZ stuck with voting rights on all, or 50% with rights splits even and her picking equal members of the BOD. He got a sweet heart deal if there isn’t something we have heard about.

Got a scenario here where an attorney is out here essentially pushing for the dissolution of the stability of a business with an almost $800 BILLION market cap. The company is projected to see a 20% surge in shares in the upcoming year...but yeah, lets take Bezos to court and hold'em up. Sounds like a few people end up committing suicide in a New York hotel room, to me.

Can't make this **** up.

Okay, I got it now. You want to challenge the complete victory of women in the battle of the sexes. Having gone through a brutal divorce myself, I can assure you they won. The laws in FL have evened out some but the overall battle nationally was fought polically and in a rigged Federal judiciary system and we got our *** handed to us.

Advertisement
Okay, I got it now. You want to challenge the complete victory of women in the battle of the sexes. Having gone through a brutal divorce myself, I can assure you they won. The laws in FL have evened out some but the overall battle nationally was fought polically and in a rigged Federal judiciary system and we got our *** handed to us.

There is a bigger picture at hand.

We got a segment of the American population essentially trying and executing (cancelling) men in the court of public opinion by even the utterance of a misconstrued action by a man.

I'm a mega Bezos fan btw. He's a product of MDCPS, but man, he was dumb for messing with that chick who is known groupie. She used to mess with Derek Fisher after Tony Gonzalez, and he said she was always looking for the next big come up.

Also, her brother is a known scumbag.

MDCPS?

I will.

You are discounting the fact that women can also have careers, lives, success etc on their own. This woman chose to start Amazon with her husband. They both left their lucrative jobs, both have degrees from princeton and are very smart individuals. In fact Bezos was selling his wife's book when he started the company Amazon. This woman negotiated their first freight contracts, was keeping books, making connections and landing clients. She was very instrumental in making sure this company called Amazon did not fail like so many tech startups at the time.

Now a personal example I have and one that echos across our country is the fact that many women do in fact give up opportunities to raise a family, support a spouse etc. My mother when she had my brother and I had a better job than my father and was about to become a southwest regional manager for one of the largest furniture rental companies in the United states. She decided to stay home and raise a family while my father grinded it out. Fast forward 30 years and they get divorced and things got split. My dad grew into the CFO of the country's largest service contractor in the United States.....now my mom could have done that same thing on her own, married someone else, or lived a totally different life. She was on that track before he was. They both have finance degrees....but 30 years later my mother had been out of the work force....no longer an attractive hire. What's a 52 year old woman to do when she quit working at 30? In a world that has changed so much. Think back to 1997......

So I want to know how you quantify someone's life. Because peoples real lives are affected in these types of situations. I personally do not think my mom should not get anything because my dad was the one that worked for most of our success, monetarily, as a family. How can someone support someone under the guise of "until death do us part" then hang them out to dry in their 50s with nothing? Can a price be put on it? Can a price be put on his 4 children, their well beingm No a price cannot be put on it, which is exactly why in this country we divide up the assets among the joint parties. Your life does not have a price tag. If you and your wife have $10, you split that. If you have $10million, you split that. They are assetts and all you see is BILLIONS. You are being blinded by exactly why divorce law is the way it is.

Many people see the trophy wife stealing the rich man's money. That is not a majority of divorces, rather a small fraction. Many people would never have the success they had without their stable home lives to keep them grounded.

Now, can you call your wife off? Because if you have to resort to having your wife fight for you, then that makes you the cuck my dawg. Remember you couldn't even respond to me without calling me names and are all of the sudden offended bc I read your comments and told you how you sound. You shouldn't write the things you do if you dont mean them

This.

Advertisement
Question for posters calling the soon-to-be-former Mrs. Bezos ‘$36B puzzy’. How much money do you think she deserves, and how did you derive the amount?

Would you be upset if this were a middle-aged couple with a net worth of $150K and the wife got $36K?

There is a bigger picture at hand.

We got a segment of the American population essentially trying and executing (cancelling) men in the court of public opinion by even the utterance of a misconstrued action by a man.

We need a good name for “man hater”, because hatred of men is what you are talking about. There is one group at the head of that attack. We need to be accusing them of hate crimes at every turn.

I get what you’re asking, and I actually think it’s a good question.
For the lawyers on here: If you are starting a business or in the process of starting one while or after you get married, is there any way to cap the losses to a spouse if you were to get divorced? Would it ever be possible to create a way to do so?

Advertisement
We need a good name for “man hater”, because hatred of men is what you are talking about. There is one group at the head of that attack. We need to be accusing them of hate crimes at every turn.

Brother, I think it goes far beyond man hating. Its a attempted coup d'etat of the patriarchy.

He absolutely got off easy on this, has a huge smile on his face and feels like a winner. 25%, regardless of the amount at stake, was likely his wife being reasonable and settling to get it over with. This will almost certainly be a feather in the cap of his attorney(s). They probably lost out on millions of dollars over the life of what would have been a multi year case, with massive outside expert work, but they will be the guys that "won" this case for Bezos moving forward so it will probably wash if not pay off.

I’m sure she settled to stabilize the stock, and ensure her shares, and of Amazon as a whole, did not suffer by a long, drawn out, nasty divorce. As far as the $36billion, Jeff’s still worth a reported $110billion, he can’t spend that in 50 lifetimes much less 1, and I believe given the circumstances with her helping to build Amazon, raising 4 kids, and doing all she has done in 25yrs of marriage it’s a small price when you consider the overall money involved and what she could’ve done to drag this out and make it painful for him; I think he got off easy considering the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back