TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

Perhaps the most important recruit in the history of the program. He turns a weakness into a strength overnight and makes us a title contender.

Advertisement
The fact that he has already been committed to Ala at one point, despite his family ties to Miami and the opportunity to play/have major impact, imo is not good.

The fact that he has already been committed to Ala at one point, despite his family ties to Miami and the opportunity to play/have major impact, imo is not good.
He was committed for all of 10 days or less as a freshman

Advertisement
There was nothing bad about that interview , annoying smfh
No bueno from the standpoint when you think why would he have only set up the Bama OV at this time and not other schools, including the U, as well. I think the kid knows where he wants to go already.

Perhaps the most important recruit in the history of the program. He turns a weakness into a strength overnight and makes us a title contender.
At first, reading your post I thought it was a little dramatic......but I actually think you're right.

Taking things slow during the season. Couldn't make it to the FSU game. But set up that official visit to Bama for the Iron Bowl. Sorry fellas but some of yall better open your eyes.

And just so I'm clear, I want Neal bad, but I disagree with those that say he's a day one starter at LT.

Advertisement
I’m not 1 to be a Debbie Downer buuuut kid set OV to Bama and he had a bye week to check us out against FSU and chose not to come. Sounds like he’s going to give us the Jeudy courtesy visit! Also sounds like our lame Oline coach only pitch to him is being a day 1 starter! Should we land this kid it will be bcuz of Richt. With that being said the 1 person on this staff that’s on the hot seat is Searels

Taking things slow during the season. Couldn't make it to the FSU game. But set up that official visit to Bama for the Iron Bowl. Sorry fellas but some of yall better open your eyes.

And just so I'm clear, I want Neal bad, but I disagree with those that say he's a day one starter at LT.

IMG season is over by the Alabama game and I'm sure we will get the OV the weekend before signing t day with the rest of the commits

IMG season is over by the Alabama game and I'm sure we will get the OV the weekend before signing t day with the rest of the commits

It was a bye week though and didn't other kids go on visits?

Edit: Just wish he would have showed, even for an unofficial.

Last edited:

Better hurry up if he wants to do it in season. We only have like 2 more games if he wants to do it in season. Lol

Advertisement
Honestly it’s better imo for officials to happen after the season.

The coaches and players can really put their full attention on the prospect, not having the distraction of pre game planning, meetings, and the actual game.

On record by my count Neal visited Miami for the FSU and Pitt games in fall of 2016.

He unofficially visited Miami in January 2017, and then again Junior day in February 2017.

He visited again in March 2017.

He then visited for the UVA game in 2017.

He then came to Junior Day this March 2018.

He then visited Miami in June this year for another unofficial.

Over that period he camped at Bama in 2016, and then unofficially visited this past June, but then visited Miami right after.

No bueno from the standpoint when you think why would he have only set up the Bama OV at this time and not other schools, including the U, as well. I think the kid knows where he wants to go already.
He has said he knows he’s going to take an official to Miami and what does that even matter, would rather have one closer to nsd than one early. He doesn’t like the recruiting process but maintains he still talk with our coaches daily

Last edited:
Advertisement
Honestly it’s better imo for officials to happen after the season.

The coaches and players can really put their full attention on the prospect, not having the distraction of pre game planning, meetings, and the actual game.

On record by my count Neal visited Miami for the FSU and Pitt games in fall of 2016.

He unofficially visited Miami in January 2017, and then again Junior day in February 2017.

He visited again in March 2017.

He then visited for the UVA game in 2017.

He then came to Junior Day this March 2018.

He then visited Miami in June this year for another unofficial.

Over that period he camped at Bama in 2016, and then unofficially visited this past June, but then visited Miami right after.
I can finally agree with this idea because it's obvious now that we have an awesome home game atmosphere...especially for big games. We've had 3 awesome home games in the last 2 years that have put Hard Rock on the map. Focusing more on the meat and potatoes of the program itself is more important now imo

I'm split on this but I read another Bama insider said they have very limited spots left for the 19 class.

They have 4 OL committed (3OTs) but they still are heavy on Wright and Webb with Neal. I'm assuming they are all going to decide around one of the signing days as well..

I said this in another post.. Bama may or may not even have space for an Akeem Dent at DB. I don't necessarily buy it but the fact their insiders are saying it shows they are tight..

Bama is setting up the Iron Bowl as the BIG date for OVs for their priority targets. Sanders also OVing then. They will certainly get the full court press

Advertisement
Back