TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

What’s the scoop

He wants to take all 5 visits. Has already lined up LSU, Baga and UM. Will early enroll so needs to make decision by December, which may not allow to take all 5 visits. Likes the way LSU is playing physical. His mom loves UM. After his visits, he will make a decision in consultation with God and his family, “they will show him the way”.

Advertisement
Neal, Tarquin, Eguakun + at least one more 4*+ type would make for a very nice haul to pair with Scaife and Reed moving forward.

If you're going to go dive in the 3* aisle, then just go get Maurice Smith.

Someone
He wants to take all 5 visits. Has already lined up LSU, Baga and UM. Will early enroll so needs to make decision by December, which may not allow to take all 5 visits. Likes the way LSU is playing physical. His mom loves UM. After his visits, he will make a decision in consultation with God and his family, “they will show him the way”.
Someone find out when/where this kid prays & get Morgan Freeman to hide in the ceiling to guide him towards The U.

Advertisement
Biggest target, most important recruit for Miami in a very long time. This kid is a Top 10 NFL Draft pick in 3 years, and a plug and play LT who should start 42+ games before being a very high draft pick.

These are the definition of must-gets.

Biggest target I agree. Sooner or later we'll get one of these game changer kids and the flood gates will open. IMO, it's just a matter of time now.

Advertisement

Gotta respect that. Hope he signs.

Does the article say when he is visiting here?

Only one that is set is Baga for the Iron Bowl. He’s trying to lock down LSU and UM but his football schedule may not allow many visits until it’s done at the beginning of November. Kid is very vague, not in a bad way, just really short answers. He clearly does not enjoy this whole process, just wants to play football. He doesn’t give a lot away and it’s boring for those that follow recruiting but I like it.

Advertisement
For all of 10 days

Sounds like he is a Bama fan but backed off bc mom wants him to commit to Miami... which usually means he’ll end up back at Bama. Hope I’m wrong but the only thing I hear from him is how his mom loves Miami.

Sounds like he is a Bama fan but backed off bc mom wants him to commit to Miami... which usually means he’ll end up back at Bama. Hope I’m wrong but the only thing I hear from him is how his mom loves Miami.
It’s a fact his mom/family loves Miami and he says it every interview but he’s also spoke pretty glowingly about Miami in a lot of interviews as well

Advertisement
Nah. He was commited to them and then realized that it was too soon. Nothing to do with Miami.

Man if we land Neal, it changes our whole line next year. He's a plug and play LT.

LT Neal Fr
LG Reed So
C Gaynor Jr (or maybe RS So, love the 4 game rule)
RG Scaife So
RT Donaldson JR

It's a real possibility that is our line for 2 straight years. That is also assuming Mahoney and Boulware are bench players after one or both start this year. The composition of this line could be different and even better. Scaife may end up being being a great tackle this year, allowing Big Vaughn to kick back to guard. Vaughn may be a superstar tackle and move to LT, allowing Neal a year to learn at RT.

A bench with Mahoney, Boulware, Hillery and Herbert (Both who I expect to make major strides in the next few years) looks really nice to me. This gives us the opportunity to slowly grow Tarquin and Eguakan and not throw them into the fire to quickly. That is a championship line. Come on down Evan!

IMO Scaife is already a better Tackle than Donaldson at LT or RT. In fact I think Scaife is already our best option at LT already. If we land Neal and play the 5 guys you predicted I like the lineup however I’m swapping Scaife and Donaldson. Know what would be even nicer??? Landing Darnell Wright and having him and Neal as our Tackles with Scaife and Donaldson as our Guards. Imagine that O-Line

Advertisement
Back