TOS: Where will new five-star Evan Neal end up?

Advertisement
There is an explanation. The Bama recruiting insider just did a chat about a lot of their targets and it seems like they are speculating that he is leaning Bama with family the one thing holding him back at this point.

There is an explanation. The Bama recruiting insider just did a chat about a lot of their targets and it seems like they are speculating that he is leaning Bama with family the one thing holding him back at this point.
They think that because he always say his mom wants him to go to Miami means he doesn’t want to. Neal raves about Miami in his interviews too which is why that speculation on their part is ridiculous

Last edited:
Man if we land Neal, it changes our whole line next year. He's a plug and play LT.

LT Neal Fr
LG Reed So
C Gaynor Jr (or maybe RS So, love the 4 game rule)
RG Scaife So
RT Donaldson JR

It's a real possibility that is our line for 2 straight years. That is also assuming Mahoney and Boulware are bench players after one or both start this year. The composition of this line could be different and even better. Scaife may end up being being a great tackle this year, allowing Big Vaughn to kick back to guard. Vaughn may be a superstar tackle and move to LT, allowing Neal a year to learn at RT.

A bench with Mahoney, Boulware, Hillery and Herbert (Both who I expect to make major strides in the next few years) looks really nice to me. This gives us the opportunity to slowly grow Tarquin and Eguakan and not throw them into the fire to quickly. That is a championship line. Come on down Evan!

Advertisement
Neal is the key to the class. This class may not be ranked top 5 like storm18 but it has a chance to fill major holes and add much needed depth.
I've been saying this. This 19 class just needs to add elite guys in the right places, with other really talented guys spread throughout and hopefully come in ranked 8-15 range. You add this class between the elite class last year and what looks to be a top 3-5 class next year and that's putting us seriously on our way to #6

Advertisement
They think that because he always say his mom wants him to go to Miami means he doesn’t want to. Neal raves about Miami in his interviews too which is why that speculation on their part is ridiculous
It's called wishful thinking.

That wasn't who put in the CB.

The CB was from Demetric Warren, who just guesses for every prospect, just look at his pick history

Bama expects to get everyone. If there's not something more concrete than that, I'm not worrying yet

Advertisement
That wasn't who put in the CB.

The CB was from Demetric Warren, who just guesses for every prospect, just look at his pick history
Agreed on this. Didn’t mean to imply it was a CB from Bama insider but it was likely based on the info he saw from the Bama insider

Advertisement
Biggest target, most important recruit for Miami in a very long time. This kid is a Top 10 NFL Draft pick in 3 years, and a plug and play LT who should start 42+ games before being a very high draft pick.

These are the definition of must-gets.

We should probably pump the brakes. I remember reading similar things about Big Vaughn & he most certainly was not plug & play at tackle.

Advertisement
Back