TOS report on RJ and Kendrick

RJ couldve improved his stock by coming back but top 10?Cmon Next year is an even deeper DT class. RJ would have to put up Ndamakung Suh numbers to make a leap over Payne, Lawrence, Oliver and Gary.

So what ur saying is that RJ could have been top 5... got it.

Advertisement
This is huge if they stay , completely changes things for next year. Then allows the young guys to redshirt or at least not be forced into the fire.

This is the difference in 8-9 wins and 11-12.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/...cle_502cc4ba-c330-11e6-b0c0-bbf5fd439e32.html

A BIG reason why UGA is where they are now.
2 stud RB's and 2 stud LB's decided to return for their senior year.

Maybe they were compensated to stay?

The one thing I don't get is why it was a joint decision. Two grown men, who most likely will not play together again, live in the same city during the season, etc, are out here making business decisions together. Baffling.

I thought RJ could have come back and worked his way into the top 10, like Jonathan Allen did at Bama. I'm actually higher on Norton despite him being ranked lower by the "experts." Think he has above average athleticism for his size, but needs to work on his pass-rush ****nal, which is why another year with Kool could have helped him too.

Bottom line, they are Canes and always will be. Hoping for the best for them. This is not a Kaaya or Yearby situation, they will be good pros, just think they could have improved their stock by coming back and helped us compete for the ultimate prize in doing so.

Projections
Mcintosh- 3rd Round (Range 2nd to 4th)
Norton 5th Round (Range 4th to 6th)

**UPDATE
Sources confirm.

You don't understand why neither one would want to risk playing next to unproven talent and then hurt themselves further? This is difficult to grasp for you? As of right now, what we have next year is an unproven, inexperienced second year guy (Ford), a headcase who hasn't played regularly in 3 years (Willis), and a converted DE (Bethel). I wouldn't want to stay either and not only risk injury but risk an entire year of getting doubled by everyone and thus hurting my position even more (oh and while doing it for free instead of a nice salary). Let me know if you get it now.

What are you talking about? 4 returning starters in the secondary, 3 returning starting linebackers, and two beasts on the edge in Joe and Garvin. They are the STARTERS in the middle. Willis, Bethel, and Ford are fine to give them a rest. How does the backup DT situation effect them? lol.
I have no idea what you are talking about seriously.......if one leaves the other has to play next to one of those guys making it harder on themselves. Not sure how that is debatable. Not sure how having all of what you said matters to interior linemen. We have all that you said already and yet everyone is screaming that they are low round picks. You act like we have the steel curtain on defense coming back.

This staff made NFL draft picks out of two 3* guys who weren't on anybody's radar when they enrolled. Next man up.

RJ couldve improved his stock by coming back but top 10?Cmon Next year is an even deeper DT class. RJ would have to put up Ndamakung Suh numbers to make a leap over Payne, Lawrence, Oliver and Gary.

He would be one of the top 3 DT no question to it. That’ll make him a top 20 pick...and no that class isn’t considered as deep as this one. There’s a HUGE drop off after these guys.

Advertisement

Top 10 may be hyperbole. Definitely could've solidified 1st Round status.

How do you know this? People write this **** like its a fact. He could just as easily drop.

I don't care to hear or read much more about these dudes until they get drafted. Wish them well; it's time to move on.

I agree. Mcintosh leaving honestly makes some sense. Norton would be silly to leave. You don't leave unless you are 1st or 2nd day pick.

Lmao you fools are going to parrot this dumb shxt until NFL draft day huh?

Norton and RJ are going to get drafted no later than the 4th.... CIS needs to get off the meth and let it go. They're both going to make more money than they've ever had, smart decision for them both.

Move on... we are still going to challenge Clemson for the ACC. omg that's right y'all are going to keep bxtchn about the depth chart bc you all like to play mix and match on the internet and think it has anything to do with real life lol

Advertisement
Norton and RJ are going to get drafted no later than the 4th.... CIS needs to get off the meth and let it go. They're both going to make more money than they've ever had, smart decision for them both.

Move on... we are still going to challenge Clemson for the ACC. omg that's right y'all are going to keep bxtchn about the depth chart bc you all like to play mix and match on the internet and think it has anything to do with real life lol

3rd/4th round money is minimum wage comparatively speaking to 1st Round money. It's all about the 2nd contract, that most guys never get to.

Advertisement
The one thing I don't get is why it was a joint decision. Two grown men, who most likely will not play together again, live in the same city during the season, etc, are out here making business decisions together. Baffling.

I thought RJ could have come back and worked his way into the top 10, like Jonathan Allen did at Bama. I'm actually higher on Norton despite him being ranked lower by the "experts." Think he has above average athleticism for his size, but needs to work on his pass-rush ****nal, which is why another year with Kool could have helped him too.

Bottom line, they are Canes and always will be. Hoping for the best for them. This is not a Kaaya or Yearby situation, they will be good pros, just think they could have improved their stock by coming back and helped us compete for the ultimate prize in doing so.

Projections
Mcintosh- 3rd Round (Range 2nd to 4th)
Norton 5th Round (Range 4th to 6th)

**UPDATE
Sources confirm.

You don't understand why neither one would want to risk playing next to unproven talent and then hurt themselves further? This is difficult to grasp for you? As of right now, what we have next year is an unproven, inexperienced second year guy (Ford), a headcase who hasn't played regularly in 3 years (Willis), and a converted DE (Bethel). I wouldn't want to stay either and not only risk injury but risk an entire year of getting doubled by everyone and thus hurting my position even more (oh and while doing it for free instead of a nice salary). Let me know if you get it now.

What are you talking about? 4 returning starters in the secondary, 3 returning starting linebackers, and two beasts on the edge in Joe and Garvin. They are the STARTERS in the middle. Willis, Bethel, and Ford are fine to give them a rest. How does the backup DT situation effect them? lol.
I have no idea what you are talking about seriously.......if one leaves the other has to play next to one of those guys making it harder on themselves. Not sure how that is debatable. Not sure how having all of what you said matters to interior linemen. We have all that you said already and yet everyone is screaming that they are low round picks. You act like we have the steel curtain on defense coming back.

ACC Double teams> NFL lineman. Got it. Norton's JOB at the next level is going to be to eat up double teams.

I didn't know surrounding defensive talent has no barring on interior lineman, only the man next to him. Now I do. :greedy_dollars:

we are still going to challenge Clemson for the ACC.

We will likely "challenge" VT for the CoaRstal.. anything with Clemson won't be a challenge.

Shut up....they’re losing players Ray-Ray McCloud, one of their guards, everybody on that D-Line not named Dexter Lawerence, O’Daniel, and their best Cover Corner(no gogeta Mullen isn’t that team’s best CB, it’s ryan carter), and Van Smith. That team is going to have ALOT of attrition.

Deon Cain is probably going to declare too but hasn’t announced it yet so there’s another player.

How many times do we have to see this movie with a horribly bad ending before our players, their mentors and advisers get a clue??

It is fine to wish them well, but most any rational thinking person knows **** well that McIntosh and Norton will earn a fraction of what they could have earned had they stayed for their senior seasons.

Like most everyone else I certainly hope that both of those kids have long and prosperous NFL careers, yet an ugly reality will most likely soon hit them between the eyes where they will failing hope for a redo.

Advertisement
This is huge if they stay , completely changes things for next year. Then allows the young guys to redshirt or at least not be forced into the fire.

This is the difference in 8-9 wins and 11-12.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/...cle_502cc4ba-c330-11e6-b0c0-bbf5fd439e32.html

A BIG reason why UGA is where they are now.
2 stud RB's and 2 stud LB's decided to return for their senior year.

Maybe they were compensated to stay?

Wouldn't doubt it.

we are still going to challenge Clemson for the ACC.

We will likely "challenge" VT for the CoaRstal.. anything with Clemson won't be a challenge.

Shut up....they’re losing players Ray-Ray McCloud, one of their guards, everybody on that D-Line not named Dexter Lawerence, O’Daniel, and their best Cover Corner(no gogeta Mullen isn’t that team’s best CB, it’s ryan carter), and Van Smith. That team is going to have ALOT of attrition.

Deon Cain is probably going to declare too but hasn’t announced it yet so there’s another player.

Well it's a good thing Hayden Mahoney is coming back.

Advertisement
Back