TOS report on RJ and Kendrick

Do you remember when Clemson lost the national championship, then lost their entire DL to the draft, and then the following year won the national championship?

Every team deals with players leaving. This fatalistic attitude based around 2 players that aren't even top draft picks is a bit much

Remember that time that Clemson signed 16 defensive lineman recruits leading up to that 2016 championship games that averaged 3.75 stars and included 2 5 star defensive tackles?

Nuance matters. It didn't hurt them because they had Wilkins and Lawrence to play with other high end talent. We don't have anything like that. Not even the same galaxy.

I also remember that Willis was a 5-star recruit to match-up with our other 4-star dlinemen.

Advertisement
Settle was the anchor on that front and demanded full attention. Just amazed how much bigger he got from his senior year at Stonewall Jackson. My son played against him and Greg Stroman. He laughs when he sees Tim and can't believe how huge he is.

Tim Settle will be drafted higher than either Norton or McIntosh. He is a freak athlete for that size. Reminds me of a football version of a young Charles Barkley. Baby face and immense talent but lousy conditioning to the point his body shape is almost laughable. He must have been 350+ in the bowl game against Oklahoma State. And it showed in his play. Not effective at all. At one point he had to sit on his *** in the middle of the field before being taken out of the game.

When Settle has his weight in reasonable order he makes some Warren Sapp type plays. That's why I'm sure he got a high grade from the advisory committee. Some of the draft analysts who have been ahead of the curve in recent years are much higher on Settle than the typical ratings place him.

I was hoping Settle's entry might be one variable in convincing McIntosh and Norton to stay. But with the Canes you always have to think they'll leave...and be shocked at anything else. That's a working formula. Saves plenty of time and angst.

When programs think they are two recruiting classes away, they are seldom two recruiting classes away. That's another simple angle that rarely fails.

I have no idea how anybody gets upset at the emphasis on defensive tackles, and all the related threads. There's no way Alabama comes back in that game tonight without Da'Ron Payne and all the havoc he caused. Georgia was in perfect position on the scoreboard to dictate that second half and win a national titles. Alabama's interior defense wouldn't allow it.

we are still going to challenge Clemson for the ACC.

We will likely "challenge" VT for the CoaRstal.. anything with Clemson won't be a challenge.

Shut up....they’re losing players Ray-Ray McCloud, one of their guards, everybody on that D-Line not named Dexter Lawerence, O’Daniel, and their best Cover Corner(no gogeta Mullen isn’t that team’s best CB, it’s ryan carter), and Van Smith. That team is going to have ALOT of attrition.

Deon Cain is probably going to declare too but hasn’t announced it yet so there’s another player.

Well it's a good thing Hayden Mahoney is coming back.

switchin' to defense?

Exciting thought..............

Advertisement
Settle was the anchor on that front and demanded full attention. Just amazed how much bigger he got from his senior year at Stonewall Jackson. My son played against him and Greg Stroman. He laughs when he sees Tim and can't believe how huge he is.

Tim Settle will be drafted higher than either Norton or McIntosh. He is a freak athlete for that size. Reminds me of a football version of a young Charles Barkley. Baby face and immense talent but lousy conditioning to the point his body shape is almost laughable. He must have been 350+ in the bowl game against Oklahoma State. And it showed in his play. Not effective at all. At one point he had to sit on his *** in the middle of the field before being taken out of the game.

When Settle has his weight in reasonable order he makes some Warren Sapp type plays. That's why I'm sure he got a high grade from the advisory committee. Some of the draft analysts who have been ahead of the curve in recent years are much higher on Settle than the typical ratings place him.

I was hoping Settle's entry might be one variable in convincing McIntosh and Norton to stay. But with the Canes you always have to think they'll leave...and be shocked at anything else. That's a working formula. Saves plenty of time and angst.

When programs think they are two recruiting classes away, they are seldom two recruiting classes away. That's another simple angle that rarely fails.

I have no idea how anybody gets upset at the emphasis on defensive tackles, and all the related threads. There's no way Alabama comes back in that game tonight without Da'Ron Payne and all the havoc he caused. Georgia was in perfect position on the scoreboard to dictate that second half and win a national titles. Alabama's interior defense wouldn't allow it.

Yes, but Sony Michel had 7 carries for 40 yards in the second half and played maybe 12 snaps. And you saw him 1 snap in overtime on 3rd and long--a passing down. He was 7 for 58 in the first half. Bottomline, Georgia took the ball out of the hands of their hot runner. They could have driven a dagger into Alabama up 20 to 7 and just picking off that ball especially after the long touchdown. They chose to throw on first down and Fromm throws it into the side of Deshaun Hand and it gets picked off keeping Alabama in the game. Georgia's staff ***** the bed in crunch time.

Kendrick Norton, DT, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 318.
Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5
Kendrick Norton has played well for Miami the past two seasons. He was expected to have a breakout 2017 campaign, but that never happened, as he continued to play around the same level. Norton probably should have returned to school so he could have that great year, but this decision isn't a poor one. Norton has a chance to sneak into the third round as long as he has a strong pre-draft process.

Grade for declaring: C+

R.J. McIntosh, DE/DT, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 293.
Projected 40 Time: 4.98.
Projected Round (2018): 1-3.
R.J. McIntosh had an exceptional season and is doing the right thing by selling high on his draft stock. He's an extremely disruptive interior presence who can generate consistent pressure on the quarterback and also play well against the run. McIntosh will intrigue all teams, as he can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4. I don't think it's out of the question that McIntosh will ultimately be a first-round pick, though the most likely outcome is for him to be chosen at some point Friday night.

Grade for declaring: B+

..but but I thought everyone said Norton was a space eater and McIntosh was overrated

Advertisement
Norton is more of a space eater than a playmaker.

I'm well aware of what Norton brings to the table. I'm just poking fun at the idiots who argued for days about how he would be drafted higher than McIntosh bc he was a plug. Lucky to make a 53 man IMO.

Norton is more of a space eater than a playmaker.

I'm well aware of what Norton brings to the table. I'm just poking fun at the idiots who argued for days about how he would be drafted higher than McIntosh bc he was a plug. Lucky to make a 53 man IMO.

This poRst is 100x more idiotic than the ppl who believe Norton will get drafted higher than RJ.

This poRst is 100x more idiotic than the ppl who believe Norton will get drafted higher than RJ.

You should post less. Seriously.

Might make one. We'll see. Not sure if he is ready. Definitely will land on practice squad at worse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back