Torrance Gibson Breakdown

CAPS4LIFE and jerzeyheel need to stop pretending to be UM fans, and go make GoldenInsight.com

Advertisement
I think to drive the point home of how we don't need a 5-star dual threat QB, you should post more names of former 5-star dual threat QBs that went on to win titles and dominate college.

I posted those names to highlight that DESPITE all those guys, and how EVERY team needed to have a guy just like that, or run those systems or they would NEVER win again, many teams did JUST that. We won 5 MNCs running laps around the Holieways and Crouches of the world. Bama has won a bunch of MNCs in the last few decades, and didnt run any gimmick offenses. USC didnt run any gimmick offenses.

LOL you cats think your so original. Same b.s. in the early mid 80s, same arguments in the 90s, same arguments to start the millenium. OH "this system is going to change the game". Oh you need this type of player or you will never win. 5 MNCs we won laughing in the face of that. So have a bunch of other programs.

I would be happy to have Gibson here, but the world wont end if we dont. We dont NEED to run a gimmick offense to win.

LMAO @ "losing" Gibson. Did I miss where he committed to UM? Maybe you can show me where he has even said he was leaning here? Were taking 2 QBs in this class. Gibson is a great athlete, but very raw QB whose best bet of early playing time at QB will be in a Read Option Spread system like OSU, Oregon or Auburn. Anyone with half a brain can see that. But of course you guys want to build the strawman a year in a advance, so you can throw a hissy fit and bash the staff, when the kid decides to do the most obvious thing. Make it seem like it should be a "no brainer" that the kid should be "ours", so you can scream bloody murder when he doesnt come. Even though he's not a natural fit for our offense, has NEVER shown that he's leaning towards, UM, has never been committed here, and is not at a critical position of need for us. Fact is Gibson would be a LUXURY for us. Not a "must get". Not if he's going to stay at QB IMO.

5 star kids in your backyard are never "luxuries." You make every effort to get those kids regardless of who is on roster and what system is being run. Having stockpiles of NFL talent on your second and third team and the competition it created built Miami.

No one said we wont make every effort to recruit him. He's a phenomenal athlete, and I agree, we would love to have him. He's not a "must get", not at the QB position if that is what he is **** bent on playing. And the sky is NOT going to fall if he goes elsewhere, which I fully expect him to do, since from an objective standpoint, there are other programs that are going to sell themselves as a much better fit for him. The fact that UM is the local school, is the ONLY reason he will consider UM. Neither our offensive system, nor our depth chart, will be particularly appealing to this kid. And yet people think that just because he's local, he's going to ignore all that, and should just automatically come here.

By suggesting he's a "luxury," you are suggesting it's excusable/acceptable to watch him go elsewhere. Or, downplaying or tempering your expectations. We're trying to get back to the top and in no way, shape or form is a 5 star kid in your backyard a "luxury." That also suggests that we're set at QB and we're not. Neither Kaaya nor Olsen has taken a single snap. And Williams has yet to start a game here. Sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on your word choices, but it's the entirely wrong mindset, IMO.

Guys, NOBODY is saying he is NOT a great player, he's just not a GREAT player for us. Golden is A LOT like Butch in that he BELIEVES in installing HIS system and then going out to find the pieces. He's GOT the blueprint, and now he's JUST shopping for the RIGHT materials at Lowes. Al "Hard Hat" Golden is gonna build this PROGRAM in his image. He might pass BY a shiny new PIECE of granite counter TOP, but if it's NOT apart of HIS floor plan, Al "Hard Hat" Golden isn't GOING to take it.

I'm SURE people wondered WHY we took a skinny KID from California NAMED Ken Dorsey. Well it's BECAUSE he fit our SYSTEM. it's i portent to have a system AND correctly IDENTIFY guys who fit it well. Why DO you think so MANY underrated kids came here and DID well under GOLDEN? Because LIKE Butch he has an EYE for talent, but he PLACES them in a position to succeed. It's ALL because he's building his MACHINE to his specifications. Gibson MIGHT be a nice GOLD sink, but Al HARD hat Golden might not want a SINK. JUST like Butch, maybe he wants a CEREBRAL quarterback like Malik a Rosier to DEVELOP and mold and sand and shape to HIS image of a QB in HIS system. Al The Archeologist a Golden has NO PROBLEMS digging for the gems. Gibson would ALSO bring in a POOR attitude since he's BEEN so good for SO long. We don't NEED anymore ENTITLED players.

Tie your shoes and light the fuse, Golden IS building his machine, but it WONT be with SUPPLIES he doesn't need. Just LIKE Butch Davis, you GOTAA stick to the plan.

:ibisroflmao:

I'd think CAPS was trolling if he didn't write 10,000 word sentences. That takes a lot of work.

Advertisement
You do realize that in the 80s Miami was the new/trendy/pass happy offense in college football right? And then in the late 80s/early 90s Miami again became the trendy/pass happy offense running Erickson's 1-back offense, right?

you understand that guys like Holieway, Turner, Rice, Harris, etc were the more traditional QBs and offensive systems of that era of college football, correct?

Last edited:
There's no need to even debate about whether Miami "needs" a gimmick to win. There's a 5 star QB in our backyard and it looks like we are blowing his recruitment. Par for the course.

What's crazy is were very progressive in the 80s. Always on the cutting edge of schemes and philosophies.

Erickson popularized the one-back spread offense after bringing it to Miami. Then we had Jimmy's "Miami" 4-3, or slide, defense. Once people realized it could be used to stop the college offenses of the day, and also was successful at the NFL level, it became very popular, and started a resurgence in the use of the 4-3.

But I guess it's important we remain stagnant under this fake idea that we've always been plodding around the field with the same boring scheme for the last 40 years.

What's crazy is were very progressive in the 80s. Always on the cutting edge of schemes and philosophies.

Erickson popularized the one-back spread offense after bringing it to Miami. Then we had Jimmy's "Miami" 4-3, or slide, defense. Once people realized it could be used to stop the college offenses of the day, and also was successful at the NFL level, it became very popular, and started a resurgence in the use of the 4-3.

But I guess it's important we remain stagnant under this fake idea that we've always been plodding around the field with the same boring scheme for the last 40 years.

exactly

Advertisement
Couldnt this very line of reasoning be used to counter why were running this *** backwards defensive scheme weve been running? Miami doesnt "traditionally" run this defense, no?

UM just needs a guy who can make plays. When you try to argue that it's not a big deal to lose a 5 star playmaker who is one county over, you need to end yourself.

I think to drive the point home of how we don't need a 5-star dual threat QB, you should post more names of former 5-star dual threat QBs that went on to win titles and dominate college.
He's so good that Urban Meyer literally flew across the country to meet up with him. KId is going to hoist a crystal ball at Ohio State while Caps4Lie holds his ****.

Advertisement
POOPS THOUGHTS ON GIBSON BACK A FEW MONTHS AGO

ONLY GIVE YOU A TASTE HERE....FOR THE REALNESS VISIT WESTENDZONE.COM

THE ***** IS GOING TO WIN THE HEISMAN AT OHIO STATE

POOPS HAS BEEN FOLLOWING SOUTH FLORIDA HS FOOTBALL AND RECRUITING SO LONG THAT HE MAKES 5X LOOK LIKE A 6 LB 3 OZ BABY

GIBSON IS THE REAL DEAL

BEST QB DOWN HERE IN YEARS

Bama has done pretty well lately without going to the spread.

Why are you and Jerzey comparing Miami to Alabama and Saban?

So it's not okay for us to compare to Saban and Bama...but it's cool for you folks to toss around names like Malzahn and the offense that Chip Kelly ran?

416.gif

It's about as okay as you wanting Sunshine Stanley over Gibson.

We aren't Alabama. Our CEO is 49-49 and has never won a bowl game.

Horrid comparisons.

We aren't Gus Malzahn's offense either...so like I said...what's your freaking point here?

You brought up Alabama, not me.

My point is Miami lacks elite talent. Gibson is an elite talent and the type of prospect you build an offense around.

I love how people like to point out dual threat QB's that fail and don't point out the hundreds of pocket passers that fail. the point is, when u are a team trying to compete for national championships 5* at ANY position aren't luxuries. I don't care if we got yearby and cook or sony, we'd still need to get scarlet next year. thats how u build championship teams, stockpiling talent. had we got collins last year would yearby be a luxury and people would have been fine to see him at FSU? if we had keef or bostwick last year then we no longer need TV?

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. If you think that a system that highlights the abilities of a dual threat QB in 2014 is a "gimmick offense", jump off a ******* bridge.

Why are you and Jerzey comparing Miami to Alabama and Saban?

So it's not okay for us to compare to Saban and Bama...but it's cool for you folks to toss around names like Malzahn and the offense that Chip Kelly ran?

416.gif

It's about as okay as you wanting Sunshine Stanley over Gibson.

We aren't Alabama. Our CEO is 49-49 and has never won a bowl game.

Horrid comparisons.

We aren't Gus Malzahn's offense either...so like I said...what's your freaking point here?

You brought up Alabama, not me.

My point is Miami lacks elite talent. Gibson is an elite talent and the type of prospect you build an offense around.

lmao jesus, is jerzey trolling? why do people think we are a pro style offense anyway? we run plenty of spread concepts, adding in a zone read play wouldn't changing the offense. I believe Golden/Coley said they would run Morris more but he got hurt early in the season

I posted those names to highlight that DESPITE all those guys, and how EVERY team needed to have a guy just like that, or run those systems or they would NEVER win again, many teams did JUST that. We won 5 MNCs running laps around the Holieways and Crouches of the world. Bama has won a bunch of MNCs in the last few decades, and didnt run any gimmick offenses. USC didnt run any gimmick offenses.

LOL you cats think your so original. Same b.s. in the early mid 80s, same arguments in the 90s, same arguments to start the millenium. OH "this system is going to change the game". Oh you need this type of player or you will never win. 5 MNCs we won laughing in the face of that. So have a bunch of other programs.

I would be happy to have Gibson here, but the world wont end if we dont. We dont NEED to run a gimmick offense to win.

So a spread/spread option is a gimmick offense?

So a spread/spread option is a gimmick offense?

Yes, the zone read and the hurry up no huddle are both gimmicks for clowns that will never win anything. Somebody tell the Seahawks and the Broncos this before the Super Bowl please.

Advertisement
Back