Top Head Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Aranda at LSU has to be a candidate. He ran a good defense at Utah State, at Wisconsin, and now at LSU with a moron for a head coach and trash offense. For any coordinator types who haven't been a head man he (along with Venables) have to be at the top. He's intelligent and a no-nonsense guy who's had success (two power five programs) wherever he's coached. Plus he's been an associate head guy and likely more responsible for LSU's resurgence.

if we assume our idiots will never hire Butch, I have come around to taking a young guy with promise. I like Heupel, in part because EL put him on the list. As long as he get a DC committed to Miami style defense, then we will have a shot. He has decent history and has taste title win at OU when it had defense. Nobody but Butch has a shot at competing for So Fl studs without delivering wins first. If this guy can keep us from looking like losers when we lose, then the wins will eventually effect recruiting.

img24372089.jpg

Diaz has the. Tough guy mentality our team needs.we've got the players just need a coach that teach them how to and what it takes to win.

Advertisement
The only question i will have with the next HC is recruiting. Can he beat Saban and other blue blood teams for elite homegrown kids. Until we find that we r done. The last four coaches have one thing in common.....they could not stop the sfla bleeding thats what thwy all have in common and thats why they failed. Some guys we had can do certain things well but this is the one most common thing they all did. I am a believer in until that happens they will lose

Facts

And if the next coach can change that it means he recruits well nationally as well. Mix that with sfla elites and u have what we had whwn we were at our best

They couldn't stop the bleeding because they're not winning. Winning cures all. You just need to make sure that the next guy doesn't have the personality of a recluse. Start winning games and putting a competent component in all 3 phases of the game, then you'll start locking down more guys. Richt isn't doing that because we look like an abortion in 2/3 of the phases of the game and kids want to win. You're always going to lose guys every cycle, but winning cures a lot.

Aranda at LSU has to be a candidate. He ran a good defense at Utah State, at Wisconsin, and now at LSU with a moron for a head coach and trash offense. For any coordinator types who haven't been a head man he (along with Venables) have to be at the top. He's intelligent and a no-nonsense guy who's had success (two power five programs) wherever he's coached. Plus he's been an associate head guy and likely more responsible for LSU's resurgence.
I like Aranda a lot too, he's one of the best Defenve minds in College football.

The only thing with him is if he even wants to be a HC, he comes off as a D Coodinator for life kinda guy like Bud Foster. He's still really young but he already gets paid more than some HC's right now.

I think we'd be better off keeping Diaz at DC & brining in an Offensive guru at HC, plus Aranda runs a 3-4 scheme & I don't think from a personnel standpoint we would be good going back to that.

I like Aranda a lot too, he's one of the best Defenve minds in College football.

The only thing with him is if he even wants to be a HC, he comes off as a D Coodinator for life kinda guy like Bud Foster. He's still really young but he already gets paid more than some HC's right now.

I think we'd be better off keeping Diaz at DC & brining in an Offensive guru at HC, plus Aranda runs a 3-4 scheme & I don't think from a personnel standpoint we would be good going back to that.

I'd be welcome to Aranda as a potential HC candidate. The way he is with his defense shows a lot of attention to detail which is a fine attribute in a coach. Having said that, he's paid $2.5 million per year to just be a DC. Miami would likely offer him in the $4-$4.5 million range to be a HC down the road. That's a lot of added responsibility whereas in his current gig, he's got it pretty made right now.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy is my choice. Primarily because it would breathe some life into our post game press conferences.

During Mike Gundy’s postgame press conference, a reporter started to ask him about the criticism the QB had faced this season.
“Criticism? From where?” Gundy asked.
Outside noise, the reporter responded.
“I don’t give a rat’s *** about Twitter,” Gundy said, then made a fart noise.
“It’s a platform for people that are sitting home drawing an unemployment check, sitting in front of a keyboard.” He made another fart noise, then cut off an unrelated question.
“I’m not disregarding what you’re saying. Trust me. I get it at my own house. I just kind of felt like that social media and Twitter is what’s destroying this country anyway,” he continued. “So that’s how I feel about it, from politics to sports, whatever. It gives people a platform to *****, and then other people are, like, needling it, and they’re sitting at home and they’re late on a payment. So, anyway, that’s how I feel.”

Advertisement
My dream team would be Matt Campbell as HC, with Kendall Briles as OC, and Manny retained as DC. I’d assume if Manny stays all or most of his staff remains as well. Offensive coaching positions up to Campbell, with input from Briles (?).

Tired of college re-treads and brain dead...As today's game showed, Tom Brady is going to retire sooner than later. Patriot OC Josh McDaniel is NFL persona non grata for an HC job after Denver and the Indy Fiasco. His dad was a coach in Ohio, who got him on with Saban to start. At 42, you know he has the burning desire to prove he isn't an HC bust and he doesn't want to be w/Bill B. forever. Vrabel and Patricia have HC sons, but agin, he isn't trusted in the NFL. What has been the 'Canes #1 problem since Dorsey? QB, of course. Tom Brady's OC is a good pitch ANYWHERE.

Doing the same thing over and over is the definition of insanity...Have to try something out of the box, just like Howard in '79.

Advertisement
Tired of college re-treads and brain dead...As today's game showed, Tom Brady is going to retire sooner than later. Patriot OC Josh McDaniel is NFL persona non grata for an HC job after Denver and the Indy Fiasco. His dad was a coach in Ohio, who got him on with Saban to start. At 42, you know he has the burning desire to prove he isn't an HC bust and he doesn't want to be w/Bill B. forever. Vrabel and Patricia have HC sons, but agin, he isn't trusted in the NFL. What has been the 'Canes #1 problem since Dorsey? QB, of course. Tom Brady's OC is a good pitch ANYWHERE.

Doing the same thing over and over is the definition of insanity...Have to try something out of the box, just like Howard in '79.

The guy is turning down NFL gigs and u think we can get him here?

Boy, would I like to have John Harbaugh (the sane brother and Super Bowl winner). He's leaving the Ravens but I'm sure he'll have his pick of his next NFL job.

The guy is turning down NFL gigs and u think we can get him here?

Yeah, what NFL GM wants to take the chance of being "Indy'd?"

Again, his mentors may tell him to prove himself in college for 4 years or so, then go back to the NFL...That used to work well for us.

Advertisement
Back