Top Head Coach Candidates

I like Aranda a lot too, he's one of the best Defenve minds in College football.

The only thing with him is if he even wants to be a HC, he comes off as a D Coodinator for life kinda guy like Bud Foster. He's still really young but he already gets paid more than some HC's right now.

I think we'd be better off keeping Diaz at DC & brining in an Offensive guru at HC, plus Aranda runs a 3-4 scheme & I don't think from a personnel standpoint we would be good going back to that.

Fun fact:

Dave Aranda
Kendal Briles
Dino Babers

All first mates on Mike Leach's pirate ship.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/10/6/16431828/the-mike-leach-coaching-tree-washington-state

Advertisement
lol you expect me to go looking into his family history when listing a bunch of guys that could be looking to be a HC of a school with National Championship talent level? Thats just stupid. Sure maybe he grew up a UW fan, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be willing to move on. You think if USC offered him, he wouldn't think about it? come on

lol lol lol lol

Do a yahoo search and learn something.

lol lolo lololoololol lol lolllll

Yeah yeah. When Kiffin was one of the youngest coaches in America, he struggled. Meanwhile, 70% of this board wants a 70 year old that’s getting owned by Kiffin.

Before I continue, I hope you would agree that Lane FAILED at every opportunity he has had before FAU as an HC.

A few things:

1. I don't know which 70 YO you're referring too. I don't see how this 70 YO makes Lane a good candidate. I am not talking about any 70 YO candidate. I am talking about Lane the failure.

2. Lane's recent tenure:

- Anyone could have made Lane a HC after Bama but only FAU called. In fact, Lane took a pay cut to be there HC.
- Anyone could have came for Lane after he had that majestic season at FAU, he stayed at FAU.
- Anyone can still have Lane, he has now totally regressed in year 2. He is sitting at 5-5, congrats Lane.

3. Lane the offensive guru:

2017 with Briles

Scoring O: 40.2 PPG (7th)
Total O: 488.9 YPG (9th)

2018 without Briles

Scoring O: 29.1 PPG (53rd)
Total O: 403.3 YPG (62nd)

-----------------

What is the appeal?

Advertisement
Before I continue, I hope you would agree that Lane FAILED at every opportunity he has had before FAU as an HC.

A few things:

1. I don't know which 70 YO you're referring too. I don't see how this 70 YO makes Lane a good candidate. I am not talking about any 70 YO candidate. I am talking about Lane the failure.

2. Lane's recent tenure:

- Anyone could have made Lane an HC after Bama but only FAU called. In fact, Lane took a pay cut to be there HC.
- Anyone could have came for Lane after he had that majestic season at FAU, he stayed at FAU.
- Anyone can still have Lane, he has now totally regressed in year 2. He is sitting at 5-5, congrats Lane.

2017 with Briles

2018 without Briles

-----------------

What is the appeal?

My appeal to Lane is I love that he went out and got Briles. Briles left him and the next guy hasn’t been as good. Kiffin might move on. I just feel he’d get really good coordinators here and I think Miami recruits would like his trash talking ways.

I’m not rallying for the guy. If we don’t hire him I won’t be mad. I just think he’ll be ready for his next job

My appeal to Lane is I love that he went out and got Briles. Briles left him and the next guy hasn’t been as good. Kiffin might move on. I just feel he’d get really good coordinators here and I think Miami recruits would like his trash talking ways.

I’m not rallying for the guy. If we don’t hire him I won’t be mad. I just think he’ll be ready for his next job

I don't understand this logic at all.

1. What competent coach doesn't know to surround themselves with good coaches? Richt isn't competent, neither was Golden.

2. How does this make Lane the coach we need?
-

3. If anything, and this is NOT what I am suggesting, doesn't this say that Briles may be the guy to keep an eye on.

4. Lane has been given many chances to be an HC. There is a reason he is at FAU.

I love OP's list but are we really ever going to compete for NC on a consistent basis until or unless we devote far more money to football?

Maybe I'm menstruating but I see CFB as swirling the bowl right now with only a few programs now having a legitimate shot to win a NC due to paying players and hiring monster staffs. Until we do at least some of this, all I'm afraid we're going to keep seeing is some of our best talent getting harvested by programs that will pay.

Advertisement
That isn't why I posted what I posted.

I suggest some people bing their candidates before they post them. Look at Chris Petersen and his family's history (health) and why he picked Washington.
dont know much about that, i would take his corpse though over the last four coaches.

A few things:

2. Lane's recent tenure:

- Anyone could have made Lane a HC after Bama but only FAU called. In fact, Lane took a pay cut to be there HC.

2017 with Briles

2018 without Briles

-----------------

What is the appeal?

Not sure your of your source, but FAU is 15th nationally in total offense this year:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category10/sort01.html

What is it with the retain diaz thing we can do much better
Not that will come here for what we are paying him. We ain’t dropping $2 mil a year on a DC. Diaz gets what a Miami defense is. If we had even a moderately good offense we are a one loss team right now and maybe undefeated. Fix the offense and special teams and we are off to the races.

Advertisement
I don't understand this logic at all.

1. What competent coach doesn't know to surround themselves with good coaches? Richt isn't competent, neither was Golden.

2. How does this make Lane the coach we need?
-

3. If anything, and this is NOT what I am suggesting, doesn't this say that Briles may be the guy to keep an eye on.

4. Lane has been given many chances to be an HC. There is a reason he is at FAU.

Hey I’d be down with Briles. All I want is a coach that brings us into 2018.

Leach (even tho he’s old)
Lane
Briles
Dino
🤷🏽‍♂️ Surprise me I guess

Advertisement
Hey I’d be down with Briles. All I want is a coach that brings us into 2018.

Leach (even tho he’s old)
Lane
Briles
Dino
🤷🏽‍♂️ Surprise me I guess

Lane isn't your guy. Lane is a failure. A failure that has been given more opportunities than most get in a lifetime. There is a reason he took a pay cut to be the HC at FAU. There is a reason he is still there.

Advertisement
Back