2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

Advertisement
Missing on this kid and James, blows.
I get the mindset. HOWEVER, might wanna put this all into perspective. We're talking about kids we NEVER even kicked the tires on previously. It's alot to rap ur mind around all in the course of a month. Especially when logically speaking there's other options closer to him that makes sense.

Other side of country, usc can do these things because he is a highway drive away.. Show he is priority while negative recruit like why them boys aint come see you yet..
I get that but we have a lot of coaches. Someone should have gone out there by now if we really want to pull this guy.

Advertisement
I get the mindset. HOWEVER, might wanna put this all into perspective. We're talking about kids we NEVER even kicked the tires on previously. It's alot to rap ur mind around all in the course of a month. Especially when logically speaking there's other options closer to him that makes sense.
Moss spoiled us but people really seem to miss how crazy and difficult it is to pull a kid from across the country in such a small time span.

Correct. Was a nice thought that we could’ve landed them though.

Advertisement

Great point. I don’t think we’ve been around that since corker. It reminds me of the latest podcast with Darrow/seantrel. SH was saying he had been interested in Miami but they never recruited him. When Shannon went up to visit (after SH expressed interest) Shannon told SH they never bothered recruiting him bc they didn’t think a kid like him would be interested in Miami. Now, we have a coach who’s willing to literally recruit ANY 5 star in the country.

Great point. I don’t think we’ve been around that since corker. It reminds me of the latest podcast with Darrow/seantrel. SH was saying he had been interested in Miami but they never recruited him. When Shannon went up to visit (after SH expressed interest) Shannon told SH they never bothered recruiting him bc they didn’t think a kid like him would be interested in Miami. Now, we have a coach who’s willing to literally recruit ANY 5 star in the country.
Honestly the bigger issue is every coach previously since butch has made such a huge issue of pushing our RECRUITING BLUEPRINT... Local kids first and foremost and then skimping on the national kids because of travel expense. It's really knuckin futs to me that if WE SEE A TALENT WHEREVER THE **** IT IS, WE DONT SIMPLY GO AFTER IT... It's one thing if we're speaking on the Hawaiian kids or deep west coast or Samoans etc. That takes a real expense to actively recruit those kids and as a program were shell shocked with that free trip thing. But you gotta put in real effort atleast. Mario IS going to go after talent whenever he knows about it wherever it's at... So all those people who say I want south Florida and that's that might not be too happy. Cause as most know south Florida is amazing for certain positions. However it's horrible for others. He's ain't gonna force his hand on those positions just cause they're local... It's a new day here and thank God for it. Cause I was really tired of all these **** phone calls I'd get from former teammates etc every week throwing hurricane football in my face. I'm ready to get back on offense.

Advertisement
I still say canceling a visit that late is always telling. Especially when there’s not another visit set up. It could‘ve been an illness , just saying.
Doubt it’s the illness angle now cause he’s letting coaches visit him.

He's a Miami silent and he has Covid. Mario is having him infect the USC staff to mess up their next recruiting weekend.

#chess

Advertisement
1642410839263.gif

Maybe USC offered a faaat bag and told him he had to cancel the Miami visit to get it.

If they left campus while other recruits were there to talk to him like that could’ve been what happened.

Considering his relationship with our coaching staff I can’t see it happening without a nice bag to make it official.

USC wouldn’t have wanted him to visit campus and get the full court press and Miami experience
This. USC saw what happened with Moss and was like, "If he visits Miami, it's a done deal".

Advertisement
Back