Top 10 Most Important Commits Based On Talent/Need

1. Michael Wyche - would provide immediate help at DT and should be in the 2 deep from the getgo.

2. Calvin Heurtelou - see Wyche. Heurtelou should be in the 3 or 4 deep from the getgo.

3. Brad Kaaya - has the physical and mental tools to overcome any corching deficiencies. This kid is our franchise QB.

4. Travonte Valentine - talented enough to live up to the hype that Forton had. That DT who commands double teams, collapses the pocket, and just creates absolute havoc. This kid gets in the rotation day 1.

5. Chad Mutha****in Thomas - The most talented DE prospect we've ever had. Immediate impact type talent and a threat to break Daniel Stubbs' record before he leaves for the NFL. ****** scheme talk aside, this kid's talent can overcome that.

6. Joe Yearby - Frank Gore part 2. Yearby is disgustingly good. Immediate impact type talent and will force all RBs including Duke to step their game up.

7. Kc McDermott - Bookend tackle who is leader, a nasty, in your face mauler. This is the type of kid that raises the level of competition and intensity immediately.

8. Trevor Darling - Another nasty, in your face mauler. Diverse OL that could play inside or out. Like Kc, will raise the level of competition and intensity immediately.

9. Juwon Young - I see nothing but a killer MIKE with Young. A volume tackler with the talent to push Kirby for the #1 spot. At worse, he's in the 2 deep. I expect him to be the MIKE Kevin Nelson was supposed to be and more.

10. Trayone Gray - A big, fast playmaker. This kid could play RB, WR, or S and has the talent to be better than Lane, Rudolph, and Dixon at WR IMO. I look at Gray as a plug and pay type kid who will make an impact wherever he's placed.

Advertisement
two most important parts of this class:
1. Val's grades
2. Griffin's grades

Those fall, we get hurt big time. Praying to the grade gods on these two.

Again, these two do not have grade issues.

TV is short on core credits.

Griffin needs test scores.

When I say grade issues, I am meaning entry needs. It is a direct relationship, but if you want a twist on words, no problem. The intent of my statement is the same, they both could have admission issues and may have to go other wheres, which is the jest of my statement.

I hope they can come through, as LSU is poaching on Val.

When you generalize, it gives the wrong impression and displays ignorance. Whether intentional or not.

These kids, their families, their friends, and their coaches read and post here. That's why it's better to just say what you mean and be accurate about it.

two most important parts of this class:
1. Val's grades
2. Griffin's grades

Those fall, we get hurt big time. Praying to the grade gods on these two.

Again, these two do not have grade issues.

TV is short on core credits.

Griffin needs test scores.

When I say grade issues, I am meaning entry needs. It is a direct relationship, but if you want a twist on words, no problem. The intent of my statement is the same, they both could have admission issues and may have to go other wheres, which is the jest of my statement.

I hope they can come through, as LSU is poaching on Val.

When you generalize, it gives the wrong impression and displays ignorance. Whether intentional or not.

These kids, their families, their friends, and their coaches read and post here. That's why it's better to just say what you mean and be accurate about it.

hmmm, ok. Thanks for the lecture.

QB Kaaya, Rosier
RB Yearby, Powell
WR Berrios, Brady, Langham, Gray
TE Herndon
OL McDermott, Darling, Gibbons, Linder
DL Valentine, Jenkins, Moten, Wyche, Heurtelou
DE Thomas, Jackson, Harris
LB Owens, Young, Smith, McCray
DB Jackson, Hester, Gayot, Bethel, Mayes

That's a pretty **** good starting lineup (minus one OL) in 2-3 years. You land an equivalent class every year and we're taking a backseat to no one in the talent department. There are no obvious holes anywhere. I'd like one more natural inside linebacker with proven LB instincts and a 200 pound RB but that's nitpicking at this point.

Love seeing our class put that concisely. Very few guys on that list who do not have NFL potential (Rosier and maybe Linder, but who knows, Linder could blossom into a Tim Ruddy type - undersized but does his job very solidly).

Advertisement
Great post, but what I've been hearing about Valentine from the Army practices, he may jump Thomas.

49.gif

great post! Looking forward to seeing thise guys sign ink to paper and offically be Miami Hurricanes...

TV is #1 because he's basically the Lebron on defense. If he dominates as expected, it will make things easier for Moore/King and company.

My top 5:

5. Yearby-This offense just wasn't the same once Duke went down and this cat has elite skills. He's gonna enjoy running behind our hog mollies for years and we're gonna enjoy him snap defenders ankles with his moves.

4. Darling/Kc McD-Cop out putting them together but it starts up front and these two maulers will anchor our line for years to come leading the way for Yearby and pass blocking for Kayaa.

3. Chad Thomas- Just barely behind an elite DT is an elite DE on my importance list. This freak of nature will be problems for offenses once he gets in the weight room.

2. Valentine- Give me a DT that can disrupt a play from the inside before it even gets started any day of the week. Even over an elite edge guy like Thomas. Give me a Suh, a Fairley, a Dominique Easly and watch an offense struggle. Valentine is the best DT we've brought in in ages.

1. Kayaa-Football is QB driven and there are numerous examples of how the right trigger-man can elevate the play of an entire team. Kayaa seems to be that guy that can bring us back to the promise land.

Long-term, these are our most important players. For next season's importance Wyche and Heurtelou are 1A/1B, but long term success of the program will hinge on Yearby, Darling/Kc, Chad, Valentine and Kayaa.

Advertisement
Great post.

Every player we have in an All-American game has been getting rave reviews, even Nick Linder. Can't really go wrong with this list, IMO. We just need these boys on campus and in uniform ASAP.

Initially I thought Linder was only brought in for depth. But hearing about this kid at the UA practices shows that this guy can be a legit linemen at the U. My personal feeling is 1. Valentine 2. Kaaya 3. Chad Thomas 4. Moten

I put Valentine at the top given our obvious need on the D-line, and Moten as he'll be really good for us as well. The OP is right, football is QB driven. Our offense was really good this season with a rather inconsistent QB. Just imagine what it would've been like had we had someone who was accurate. Kaaya fits the bill for someone that could come in and compete for a starting gig. I personally would love to red-shirt him given that he won't be able to EE and I want this kid around for 3 full seasons (I think he would leave early with 3 solid seasons under his belt). Unfortunately I don't think he'll be able to unseat Ryan Williams over the Summer, but he'll leap frog Olsen, whom I've been a fan of until his recent run ins with the sticky icky.

Our haul on the defensive side is ridiculous as far as this class goes. I like Juwon Young who didn't make this list as well along with Nigel Bethel who will add depth at corner. Obviously we're not including JC Jackson as he hasn't flipped (yet). But I put Chad Thomas at #3, because that man is just a straight savage beast who's going to be making highlight reels at the U for the next 3 seasons (that guy is a 3 and out player, and we need these types of players).

Pretty beastly post.

I want to fit Trent Harris in there because he's a kid with size and pass rushing ability from the jump. McCord still isn't ready to defend the run and Quan is just getting rolling. Also Juwon Young is right there. We haven't had a MLB worth a **** in forever. We've been stuck moving talented outside guys like CMac and DP away from their strengths out of necessity. This kid looks ready.

Advertisement
Great post OP. I think the underlying message here is that we have a bunch of studs coming in and it's more than just 10/11 that are listed. I personally feel it's closer to 20 studs that will have major contributions and provide a much needed infusion of talent!

Awesome post. I like Valentine or Thomas at the #1 spot. It's hard to gauge QB's at this point. Who knows? Olsen might turn out to be a winner. We already have a QB next year in Williams; we currently have little to no depth on the defensive line.

The next point of need is at RB. I foresee Gus moving to fullback and Crawford back to slot. We need at least two quality guys that will not be too much of letdown when Duke gets hurt or needs a spell. I was pretty beat up about losing Cook, but whatever. We can live with two this year and maybe a couple more next year. Duke is too important to our offense to have a let down at RB.

Look at what happened this year after he got hurt. We can't afford not to score points or at least maintain possession for a respectable time. It just makes our defense look worse.

I really, really hope we close well this year. I'm going to be skeptical until we finally do. We have no cloud looming, so maybe that'll mean a different result.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back