Top 10 Most Important Commits Based On Talent/Need

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Here's what I got:

10. Kiy Hester:

Thanks to the merciful Gods, we have officially seen the last of AJ Highsmith and Kacy Rodgers. No longer will they torture Miami fans with their clueless flailing around in the secondary. Who could forget AJ Highsmith’s impromptu flute solo during an easy pick against FSU?

1.jpg

With only Deon Bush, Jamal Carter, and Rayshawn Jenkins returning as any safeties on the roster worth a ****, (Sorry Lil’ Ray and African kid) it was important we grabbed a couple of actual quality ones. Hester jumps out at me as the incoming safety with the most talent and playmaking ability. As his film reveals, this is a kid who can cover a lot of ground quickly, and arrive with the disposition of an ornery son of a ***** when he gets there. Hester is never just bringing someone down; he’s hitting them. On every play.

9. Anthony Moten:

Like safety, the depth chart at defensive tackle can get a little...scary… next season. Not to bash any kids, but just have to keep it real. When you have Earl Moore and Corey King possibly in the mix for heavy snaps, it’s time to hit the little red button under your desk and go to DEFCON 1 on the defensive tackle recruiting front.

Luckily, Golden and the staff were able to land Moten. He has a great frame and moves very well for his size. He’s got great arm length and that helps him control and get off blocks. He hails from a great progrum and I think he'll be ready to contribute relatively soon and has the potential to polish himself and develop into quite the player for us.

8. Darrion Owens:

Much like safety, the end of the 2013 season has brought to us a gift from the heavens: addition by subtraction. Out go the oft-pancaked and lost on the field Jimmy Gaines and Tyrone Cornelius. Thanks for your service, gentlemen, but please leave your security cards on the desk, and good luck in your future endeavors.

That leaves us with Figueroa, Grace, Kirby, Perryman (maybe), Blue (does he actually exist?) and Armbrister. Personally, if I never see Thurston Armbrister on a football field again, it will be too soon. The rest of the guys outside of Denzel have limited experience. Thanks to this, Owens has a chance to come in and compete for a starting linebacking job. He reminds me of old school Miami linebackers. He’s long, athletic, can run like a gazelle, changes direction with great fluidity, and hits like a real son of a *****. Not many of his tackles aren’t made without the force of 1,000 drunk and disappointed Irish fathers. He has great natural instincts and routinely beats blockers to the spot to make plays. With only Perryman having meaningful experience, and Jawand Blue being BigFoot’s cousin, I can see Owens pushing for serious playing time when he arrives.

7. Kc McDermott
6. Trevor Darling

I’m lumping these two together because not only are they the two most talented offensive linemen we have coming in, they are also enrolling early. Obviously that is huge for any player looking to get into the mix their freshman year.

Darling has anchored that Central line and pulverized his way through Dade County defenses, clearing a path for Joe Yearby and some homosex named Dalvin Cook (I’m rustled). I think he’s somewhat raw, but he’s got great lateral movement and athleticism. He’s another guy whose arms look like the ones from the inflatable guy outside of a car dealership. He has all the makings of a great offensive linemen. Even with him needing some refining, he’s an undeniable talent and he’ll develop into a star for us.

McDermott doesn’t have the natural ability that Darling possesses, but I like him because he’s a hate-filled son of a ***** that wants to pancake you and then tear your head off and show it to your family in the stands. He’s a mauler, and he has what I like in all offensive linemen: a dark soul. He’s gonna gouge your eyes out and come at you all game like you’re in a **** in a cell match. Not sure if he ends up at guard or not.

I always love adding elite OL to our team, and these guys are it.

5. Joseph Yearby:

Unfortunately, we quickly learned that while Dallas Crawford had the game of his life against UNC, him and Gus Edwards are not elite backs. Some will say I am arriving at my judgement too soon, but this is my rankings, so go straight to **** and make your own. I do not see either of these guys being able to start at tailback for MIami and give us the same level of talent we are used to.

Enter Joseph Yearby. While many like to watch Dalvin Cook’s highlight tape and twist our nipples at his homerun speed, Yearby is a true, instinctual running back who possesses the natural feel of all great backs. He has the sixth sense in traffic where he can anticipate blocks and set up defenders a move or two ahead. Most importantly, for me, he has Frank Gore level change of directions. His cuts are smooth and fluid, and he can switch direction on a dime without slowing down. He runs effortlessly and assuming he can rehab quickly and throw a few pounds on, I think he’ll quickly ascend the depth chart his freshman year.

4. Derrick Griffin:

Reliable and underappreciated Allen Hurns has played his last game for us. Despite Stacy Coley arriving on the scene with a big ol’ **** slap across the face of defenses everywhere, the depth at wide receiver was quickly thinned. Injuries to Phillip Dorsett and Herb Waters left us in trouble during the bowl game. It appears Rashawn Scott has fallen out of favor, and Malcolm Lewis is still understandably having trouble returning to form after almost snapping his entire foot off.

That’s where this fella comes in - the genetic mutation they decided to call Derrick Griffin. This guy is a walking freakshow - not like someone with penises for fingers, I mean freakshow in a good way. With a QB taking his first snaps as a starter next year, there could be worse things to do than offer him a 6’6 220 pound target with grapefruits for deltoids. As with Texas a&m’s Mike Evans, or that piece of **** Kelvin Benjamin, Griffin can provide this offense with a player who elicits an “ah ****, this guy again?” from opposing fans and defensive backs. He is a dynamic weapon and talent that pairs well with a dry white wine and a Stacy Coley.

3. Travonte Valentine:

The more you can get done with your front 4, the better. Not having to deploy or rely on the back 7 as much in run support or pass rush will elevate our defense to a different level. As I stated with Moten, the defensive tackle depth chart makes you adjust your collar a little bit heading into next season.

Luckily, Valentine is a rare talent that looks like a grizzly bear on speed. Every superlative applies here. War Daddy, Hog Molly, Beast Mode, etc, etc, etc. No human should have that much raw horsepower and torque at that size. This guy embodies the southern savage we've been looking for. He once went on a small rampage in his town where he fired a school bus through a Wal-Mart and ate an entire aisle of raw hamburger meat. With guys like Earl Moore and Corey King hanging around the depth chart, adding a future 1st round talent at the position is essential.

I expect it won’t take long before Valentine starts entering the rare territory of recent greats at his position. Ndamukong Suh, Glenn Dorsey, Vince Wilfork, Nick Fairley - Valentine can have that type of impact. He is a calculated annihilator, gracefully destructive, and the future anchor to a college and NFL defense.

2. Chad Thomas:

I believe the QB is the most important position on the field. That stands to reason that protecting ours and destroying the opposition’s should be high on our priority list. Enter Chad Thomas. He is the definition of a natural. He has freakish length (no pause some homo) and pass rushing ability that makes coaches cream their britches. He’s the kind of kid who can tie his shoes without bending over. The great thing about Chad is that once stated in an interview that he wanted to improve physically over the off season by "doing a lot of push-ups."

Once he puts down the trumpet and picks up some iron a little more, we're looking at an elite pass rusher. He has a surprisingly good bull rush move given that he's still got a lot of room to pack on muscle, and he gets off the ball very well. The crazy thing is I don’t think he’s even scratched the surface of just how dominant he can be.

1. Brad Kaaya:

This is a QB-driven sport. With the set up of rules, QBs can put up ungodly numbers with no fear of them or their wr's being hit. It's very hard to win a National Title without a reliable guy under center to steadily make plays for you week in and week out. With Kevin Olsen apparently washing up on the beach every morning covered in nightclub bracelets and molly, Kaaya has to be the stud to challenge Ryan Williams.

Any time you can land a California QB who has USC and UCLA humping his leg as we come down the stretch, you have to be excited. I watch Kaaya and I see a kid with prototypical size and a cathedral-level ceiling. He is relatively inexperienced as a starter, from what I understand. He will only improve with more reps. He’s got a great arm, the ball comes out quick, and he can run just enough to **** off a defense. Under Coley, I hope and think we might have unearthed the first great Miami Hurricane QB since Ken Dorsey.

Going over our commitment list, I realized we have about 15 kids who can really be stars, and a very deep class.

Anyway, agree? Disagree? Let's see your lists.

Advertisement
Great post. Wyche and Huertlo( or however his name is spelled) would be on my list for next season. Bit it's hard to remove any of those guys you selected.

Advertisement
great read, but please stop dissing canes who despite their failing, did the best jobs they could.

Last edited:
Great post, but what I've been hearing about Valentine from the Army practices, he may jump Thomas.

Great post.

Every player we have in an All-American game has been getting rave reviews, even Nick Linder. Can't really go wrong with this list, IMO. We just need these boys on campus and in uniform ASAP.

Great fing post but valentine is 1 chad 2 kaaya 3

Even though I want to say this, to me the WHOLE class is important. After Duke got hurt, who would not have wanted Yearby in the back field taking some snaps. The safety play has been spoken, we know the DT and DE players coming in from top to bottom look awesome. What about the lb's, Perryman needs help. I thought I saw him on the corner here in Orlando standing on the street corner with a help wanted sign.

I'm looking forward to this class with the hopes that they will do what they should and that's take the team to another level.

Advertisement
Great fing post but valentine is 1 chad 2 kaaya 3

lol you are crazy! It all starts with a QB. Find an elite QB and your team will be good if you recruit and develop the talent around him. Without a good QB, even with elite players, in most cases, your team won't be that good.

Excellent post. I would put Wyche over Moten due to our immediate need at the position.

As important as CT and TV are, I agree that Kaaya is number 1. We've been missing an elite QB for over a decade and he has the chance to be the answer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great post. I have to put Valentine as most important because it has been ten years since we have smelled a DT like him and our need for one is beyond desperation. I agree with QB importance so Kaaya jumps into second for me(we have Olsen, I hope, so not the same level of desperation--but close). That said, Chad is a beast for the ages and the best recruit we have, so got to give him 3rd over Joe or Griffin. Other than that, I am good with your ranks. Although I do like that monster LB coming down from GA.

Advertisement
Back