Toledo Scares me...

The line opened at Miami -14.5

Massey composite rankings (average of all ranking systems to date)
2 clemson
12 VT
14 FSU
16 Miami
20 Lville
27 ND
34 Wake
35 GT
36 Duke
41 Toledo
50 NCstate
52 UNC
60 Pitt
77 Cuse
84 BC
90 Virginia

Advertisement
App and Ohio ran the ball and played control and beat us by less than a score. Those are the teams that hold us down... Literally what I said.
In 2015 we had a great defense and beat both Arkansas and Ball State... Couldnt stop NIU's running qb. 2014 we beat BG and WMU is horrible weather games. Got beat by an 11 win Mizzou team badly and lost to NIU because they had our number. Not one of those games besides Mizzou supports anyone on here's argument that we get blown out AND dont score 28. I said if we get held down... Its gona be close. NO WAY you stop us on offense and score a ton because that means more posessions for Toledo.

Ok.. You wanna compare who did
what against which 10 win team? You played App State last year & LOST 31-28. We played them ON THEIR FIELD & won 45-10. Our first offensive play went 80 yards for a TD & we had a 21 point lead after the 1st quarter. And once again you scored your magic number, 28. We scored 45 against that same D & held them to 10 points. The same defense that embarrassed App State is back with not only the same players, but with more depth & they're at home.
This season you scored 4 offensive TD against 0-3 Nevada. I keep going back to the score in the Nevada game because that is what I think you're expecting here. You really don't think Miami has a better D than Nevada? Even though every analyst from ESPN, Fox sports, SI, Rivals, CBS.. Every analyst in the entire country is in agreement that Miami has an elite D.. But they all got it wrong because YOU think the truth is we're only as good as mighty Nevada? Seriously man.. That doesn't sound even a little ridiculous to you?

Last edited:
The line opened at Miami -14.5

Massey composite rankings (average of all ranking systems to date)
2 clemson
12 VT
14 FSU
16 Miami
20 Lville
27 ND
34 Wake
35 GT
36 Duke
41 Toledo
50 NCstate
52 UNC
60 Pitt
77 Cuse
84 BC
90 Virginia

I'm not allowing a Toledo good ol' boy put the fear of Yoda in me. However, I believe the first-half will be CLOSER than U expect! In other words, Toledo has a decent Mid-Major team and would probably defeat four or five bottom tier ACC teams! No ifs, buts or huh.
And the absolute reason I opine the game will be competitive in the first-half. is because Miami has been away from football for THREE WEEKS!!!

Advertisement
They ran the ball 68 times... Yeah they broke some loose but we hit em in the backfield a lot too. Their QB was the third "back" to rush over 100. He had 3 30+ yard rushes on option reads. Tulsa runs a play every 10 seconds... They are the fastest tempo team in the nation. They score on everyone. Put up 66 the week before, and really only had 44 on our D because they had an INT6. Look back at them and i bet they score 50 7 more times this year. Run heavy teams are how to beat us and thats why our D is feast or famine depending on the opponent.

They scored 24 on Oklahoma State, ****head

You only scored 41 on BCook??? You know week one FCS games mean little in terms of a team using the playbook. Its essentially a warm up for the rest of the season. They scored on a muffed punt set up and a shank both on our side of the field. Thats it.

And trying to spin our first three games into a points comparison? Tulsa has a better offense than Miami regardless of their record. You'd get stomped by Ok State too. They did whatever they wanted to your conf member Pitt last week. 59 to 21. Saying they suck because they are 1-2? Laughable. They will win between 7 and 9 in a tough AAC division. Not the ACC, but a better offense than all but maybe 1 team in your conference.

Toledo scores 28 on everyone... Only defensive teams who run the ball for 15 play drives and eat clock hold us down. For that to happen you'll have to somehow stay off the scoreboard yourselves. If you expect to score on every 3rd play like most of you expect, then expect some points on our part. You cant finger bang your cake and eat it too. Either we are scoring at least 28 because you score at will or you DONT score at will and we make this game very interesting.

I don't know if you realize this but you are Toledo and we are the Miami Hurricanes and there is not any of us who should be concerned with your team. Playing you is like maybe one step up from BCU to us.

You are stupid lol. A below .500 FCS team is nothing like a 10 win G5 team. We would have beat them worse than you did. In fact...we did beat our equally terrible FCS team worse than you did.

Toledo is 116th in run defense giving up 220 yards a game. Walton will fück that defense raw with no vaseline.

Advertisement
No matter what Cane good ol' boy opines about the game this Saturday. There's one thing which will happen for sure. The game will be a lot closer than U expect! hUh. Get outta' here you HERETIC troll. hUh. Well, at least the first-half should be close. And may be most of the third-quarter.
Now what Richt and Miami doesn't want to do is get in a High Octane offensive scoring game. Because then Toledo will STAY in the game! No ifs, buts or may be. Oh, and one more thing. Toledo averages FOURTY-SIX points per game. OUCH! OUCH! Albeit their defense stinks.
The bottom line: I absolutely believe Richt will have his offense CONTROL ( Running game, running game, running game. ) the time of clock on offense, in order to keep his defense rested. Especially after a THREE week turf sabbatical. hUh.
Another critical factor will be the battle of the turnovers. Miami must absolutely WIN that aspect of the game. Otherwise Toledo will hang tough for at least the first-half, or longer. Again, with the dour puzzy pessimism.
By the way, what's the early point spread on the game?

Their QB is going to be on his back so much he's going to have a great view of the new roof at Sunlife of and the roof of the ambulance he's going to be riding to Jackson memorial. LOL

They don't scare me. And they shouldn't scare you.

As Herm Edwards has famously said, "You PLAY to WIN the GAME."

What made us great in the old days was we would play anyone, anytime.

You start getting scared because of a team, that's a losers attitude.

Our boys can play with anyone. I don't give a **** if it's Alabama, Clemson, or whoever.

...Fear is for the other guy.

They don't scare me. And they shouldn't scare you.

As Herm Edwards has famously said, "You PLAY to WIN the GAME."

What made us great in the old days was we would play anyone, anytime.

You start getting scared because of a team, that's a losers attitude.

Our boys can play with anyone. I don't give a **** if it's Alabama, Clemson, or whoever.

...Fear is for the other guy.

Advertisement
OP is a pretty decent rustler.

I have a suspicion that he's going to get preeeetty quiet in a few days. I'll check back ITT on Saturday night.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back