Toledo Scares me...

Advertisement
You only scored 41 on BCook??? You know week one FCS games mean little in terms of a team using the playbook. Its essentially a warm up for the rest of the season. They scored on a muffed punt set up and a shank both on our side of the field. Thats it.

And trying to spin our first three games into a points comparison? Tulsa has a better offense than Miami regardless of their record. You'd get stomped by Ok State too. They did whatever they wanted to your conf member Pitt last week. 59 to 21. Saying they suck because they are 1-2? Laughable. They will win between 7 and 9 in a tough AAC division. Not the ACC, but a better offense than all but maybe 1 team in your conference.

Toledo scores 28 on everyone... Only defensive teams who run the ball for 15 play drives and eat clock hold us down. For that to happen you'll have to somehow stay off the scoreboard yourselves. If you expect to score on every 3rd play like most of you expect, then expect some points on our part. You cant finger bang your cake and eat it too.Either we are scoring at least 28 because you score at will or you DONT score at will and we make this game very interesting.

Then U are doin it wrong

I correctly predicted the outcome of the Mayweather-McGregor fight (10th RD KO) and the GGG-Canelo fight (I sensed that there would be judging shenanigans to setup a sequel). I'm going to go 3 for 3, so here's my prediction for the Toledo-Miami game. The Toledo QB gets KTFO in the 2nd quarter. Toledo isn't putting up 28 with the backup QB.

Advertisement
I just want to add, I was in Toledo with my job for 2 weeks last April and that place is a ******* dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife has been following Toledo as a secondary team for years, so I've watched them quite a bit (long story). As of late they do have a prolific offense, but their achilles heel is the defense.
I don't doubt that we are going to win and will pull away in the 2nd half. But complete blowout as some have suggested (56-17) seems like a stretch.
Wouldn't surprise me if at halftime you see a score like 24-13, then ending 45-27.

Advertisement
How did this thread get to 15 pages???? You'll arguing with somebody who honest to god said that Toledo has more offensive play makers than we do. Think about that. A MAC team from Ohio has more offensive playmakers than a P5 Florida team. As I said initially, you can't talk football with these people. We exist in two different worlds, and so don't have a shared view of reality two parties need to even be able to have a conversation.

How did this thread get to 15 pages???? You'll arguing with somebody who honest to god said that Toledo has more offensive play makers than we do. Think about that. A MAC team from Ohio has more offensive playmakers than a P5 Florida team. As I said initially, you can't talk football with these people. We exist in two different worlds, and so don't have a shared view of reality two parties need to even be able to have a conversation.

well, they do have more playmakers than UF

Miami would be 11 to 14 point dogs to Clemson/Oklahoma/Penn State??? Their fans wouldn't dismiss you with 50 to 17 predictions, would they? If they did you would have your panties in a bundle... correct?

I saw the NC State vs. FSU conversation on here.... FSU is a big favorite (19.5?) and some don't think they should be favored at all? Well NC State is a solid 9 spots behind us in the Massey Composites. Toledo is better than at least 6 ACC teams and in striking distance of a few above us. You are hung up on the name "Toledo," and bothered that a G5 team isn't a 30 point dog in Miami. If you removed the name Toledo and inserted UCLA with their high powered offense and no defense... I doubt anyone would have a problem with the line? BTW they lost to a solid Memphis G5 squad last week.

Toledo doesn't need to win this game. Going 10-2 or 11-1 with a MAC title is the goal. Getting out unscathed on the injury front is more important than winning this game. But I think we'll surprise you what our offense can do vs. an "ELITE" defense. Keep an open mind... no more insults are warranted. I'll be back Saturday for whatever blows or comments you throw my way. BTW: You should hope we win the MAC and boost your SOS. If Miami wants to win the ACC and get into the playoff, they need lots of help to protect against a loss you may endure during the season.

Advertisement
Miami would be 11 to 14 point dogs to Clemson/Oklahoma/Penn State??? Their fans wouldn't dismiss you with 50 to 17 predictions, would they? If they did you would have your panties in a bundle... correct?

I saw the NC State vs. FSU conversation on here.... FSU is a big favorite (19.5?) and some don't think they should be favored at all? Well NC State is a solid 9 spots behind us in the Massey Composites. Toledo is better than at least 6 ACC teams and in striking distance of a few above us. You are hung up on the name "Toledo," and bothered that a G5 team isn't a 30 point dog in Miami. If you removed the name Toledo and inserted UCLA with their high powered offense and no defense... I doubt anyone would have a problem with the line? BTW they lost to a solid Memphis G5 squad last week.

Toledo doesn't need to win this game. Going 10-2 or 11-1 with a MAC title is the goal. Getting out unscathed on the injury front is more important than winning this game. But I think we'll surprise you what our offense can do vs. an "ELITE" defense. Keep an open mind... no more insults are warranted. I'll be back Saturday for whatever blows or comments you throw my way. BTW: You should hope we win the MAC and boost your SOS. If Miami wants to win the ACC and get into the playoff, they need lots of help to protect against a loss you may endure during the season.

Look bro. The Wolfpack just beat Furman 49-16. They would dispatch you more inferior and far less intellectual scrubs w ease.

Translation?

NC State 51
Toledo 14

/ LMFAO at "solid Memphis"

Last edited:

Idk what backwards *** book you bet on but F$U is a 12-pt favorite on my book. God really I hope we break your QB in half and ruin your season.

Advertisement
My wife has been following Toledo as a secondary team for years, so I've watched them quite a bit (long story). As of late they do have a prolific offense, but their achilles heel is the defense.
I don't doubt that we are going to win and will pull away in the 2nd half. But complete blowout as some have suggested (56-17) seems like a stretch.
Wouldn't surprise me if at halftime you see a score like 24-13, then ending 45-27.

This sounds incredibly reasonable, I'm surprised it doesn't have 30 downvotes. I don't know how everyone can be so confident our new secondary won't give up points to a team that is very competent at putting up points. Last years secondary is mostly gone, this crew has potential but hasn't proved anything and the Bethune-Cookman game didn't exactly highlight dominance. We'll win because we'll run all over them, but otherwise I doubt we look overwhelming against them, especially after a 3 week layoff.

They wouldn't dismiss us like that because even when we are down, we are still Miami. Even at your best, you are still Toledo. The team that almost beat someone relevant once 10 years ago.

This sounds incredibly reasonable, I'm surprised it doesn't have 30 downvotes. I don't know how everyone can be so confident our new secondary won't give up points to a team that is very competent at putting up points. Last years secondary is mostly gone, this crew has potential but hasn't proved anything and the Bethune-Cookman game didn't exactly highlight dominance. We'll win because we'll run all over them, but otherwise I doubt we look overwhelming against them, especially after a 3 week layoff.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toledo's offense puts up some points on our defense. The reason I am not concerned about this weekends game is because of how their defense is not only terrible, they are small. We have one of the top 10 RBs in the nation and their linebackers look like our CB's and their DL look like our linebackers. Miami should be able to run the ball all game with ease. If for some reason Toledo has our D's number and we are in a shootout, Walton could easily break every UM single game record for a running back. That's how bad Toledo's defense looks.

Teams and coaches aren't out there playing to cover spreads. And spreads are only there to get bets on both sides so the book wins. No one on here cares or thinks we are being disrespected by the spread. Everyone does think you're out of your mind for thinking these teams are evenly matched and this should be a close game.

No one is going to be surprised or think twice if we beat you by 30. If it's a close game people will be talking about Miami, not Toledo. Even if the final score ends up being "close," it'll mostly likely be from garbage time points from Toledo trying to save face.

You are right in that the biggest thing you need to worry about is your players not getting injured. Get ready to see some hit sticks and guys down.

And you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think Miami needs Toledo to win the MAC to make the playoff if we win the ACC. What a joke...

Advertisement
Back