Toledo Scares me...

[video=youtube_share;Y-bT6WTrIxE]https://youtu.be/Y-bT6WTrIxE[/video]

Toledo's defense is horrible, we should run the ball with ease. If we run the ball good consistently, we win by 4 TD's

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;Y-bT6WTrIxE]https://youtu.be/Y-bT6WTrIxE[/video]

Toledo's defense is horrible, we should run the ball with ease. If we run the ball good consistently, we win by 4 TD's

Good Lord, defense optional in that game. Diaz needs to have his boys ready this week, time to play fast and physical.

Desmond Phillips? He was committed here a couple of years back or were we after him for a short period of time?

I know we looked slow against BC, but no way Toledo is just running past our guys like that. There's just no world in which they have more speed than us.

Advertisement
Toledo helped out by officials with 15 called on us? Thats a new one! You missed the first half where the AAC officials made it clear who they represented. Are we disciplined? Um no. We jumped offsides like 5 times. We also bailed out Tulsa on 3rd and longs all night with dumb penalties. We can still score though... And we have more speed than you think.

Defensively we are small up the middle with pretty good pass coverage guys. Miami hasnt played in 3 weeks so it could be a slop fest with Miami on football hangover and Toledo on the annual P5 business trip.... Or Miami is juiced to play and doesnt stop scoring on offense. Either way? Toledo puts 28 on the board. Probably more.

Last edited:
Bump...
3-0 Toledo @ 1-0 Miami. Who woulda thought?

Who woulda thought a categoery 4 Hurricane would smack into florida postponing our football season for 2 weeks.

God **** i cant wait to ******* smash the rockets. I hope Rick drops 80 on you ******* cornballs.

They ran the ball 68 times... Yeah they broke some loose but we hit em in the backfield a lot too. Their QB was the third "back" to rush over 100. He had 3 30+ yard rushes on option reads. Tulsa runs a play every 10 seconds... They are the fastest tempo team in the nation. They score on everyone. Put up 66 the week before, and really only had 44 on our D because they had an INT6. Look back at them and i bet they score 50 7 more times this year. Run heavy teams are how to beat us and thats why our D is feast or famine depending on the opponent.

Advertisement
They ran the ball 68 times... Yeah they broke some loose but we hit em in the backfield a lot too. Their QB was the third "back" to rush over 100. He had 3 30+ yard rushes on option reads. Tulsa runs a play every 10 seconds... They are the fastest tempo team in the nation. They score on everyone. Put up 66 the week before, and really only had 44 on our D because they had an INT6. Look back at them and i bet they score 50 7 more times this year. Run heavy teams are how to beat us and thats why our D is feast or famine depending on the opponent.

Only 44 lol

Only 44 lol

you mean:

the 1-2 team from AAC only scored 44 points lol

Dude stop the ****.. ur team is getting destroyed this weekend.. nobody on this board gives a single f*ck about who you've played, beat, almost beat, scored more than 30 against, played down to the wire, etc. Take the L thats coming.. enjoy your trip to south florida and don't return until you've flipped your fandom to THE U!

Advertisement
Toledo puts 28 on the board. Probably more.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Toledo helped out by officials with 15 called on us? Thats a new one! You missed the first half where the AAC officials made it clear who they represented. Are we disciplined? Um no. We jumped offsides like 5 times. We also bailed out Tulsa on 3rd and longs all night with dumb penalties. We can still score though... And we have more speed than you think.

Defensively we are small up the middle with pretty good pass coverage guys. Miami hasnt played in 3 weeks so it could be a slop fest with Miami on football hangover and Toledo on the annual P5 business trip.... Or Miami is juiced to play and doesnt stop scoring on offense. Either way? Toledo puts 28 on the board. Probably more.

So.. U think Toledo puts up 28 points on Miami. That's the same number of offensive touchdowns Toledo scored against 0-3 Nevada & FCS Elon. So to word it another way, you think Miami's defense is going to allow the same number of touchdowns as Nevada & Elon? I get that you're trying to represent Toledo & you're excited, but that doesn't sound even a little ridiculous to you? Maybe you're expecting to get points in garbage time, with your starters in against our backups. I won't go into the depth chart, but you might wanna check out our 2nd & 3rd team D-line. They're better than most teams starters. Also, you guys have committed 29 penalties over your last 2 games. How many false starts do u think our D-line causes? How many times does your O-line get called for holding, because they're trying to save Woodsides life?

This is all too similar to App State last year. I know you remember them, you played them in your bowl game. You also lost 28-31. That's the same team we beat 45-10. I know that comparing scores doesn't tell the whole story. Anything could've changed from the time we played them, to the time you played them. But remember this.. That game was at THEIR house. They had momentum after the Tennessee game. Some "analysts" even predicted an upset. Our first offensive play was an 80 yard TD run by Mark Walton, who you'll meet Saturday. It was 21-0 after the first quarter.
So now you're coming to our house, at a time when we're hungry. And you're expecting to turn a 14 point spread into a shootout, with you scoring "28 points, probably more". Good luck with that.

Advertisement

[video=youtube_share;rAlTOfl9F2w]https://youtu.be/rAlTOfl9F2w[/video]

You only scored 41 on BCook??? You know week one FCS games mean little in terms of a team using the playbook. Its essentially a warm up for the rest of the season. They scored on a muffed punt set up and a shank both on our side of the field. Thats it.

And trying to spin our first three games into a points comparison? Tulsa has a better offense than Miami regardless of their record. You'd get stomped by Ok State too. They did whatever they wanted to your conf member Pitt last week. 59 to 21. Saying they suck because they are 1-2? Laughable. They will win between 7 and 9 in a tough AAC division. Not the ACC, but a better offense than all but maybe 1 team in your conference.

Toledo scores 28 on everyone... Only defensive teams who run the ball for 15 play drives and eat clock hold us down. For that to happen you'll have to somehow stay off the scoreboard yourselves. If you expect to score on every 3rd play like most of you expect, then expect some points on our part. You cant finger bang your cake and eat it too. Either we are scoring at least 28 because you score at will or you DONT score at will and we make this game very interesting.

Advertisement
Back