WR Desmond Phillips 5'10, 195
TE Nate Swart 6'5, 240
OL Nate Jeppeson 6'3, 282
OL Sammi Kassem 6'4, 320
OL Brant Weiss 6'6, 292
OL Elijah Nkansah 6'6, 315
OL Yazeed Atariwa 6'4, 315

I bet we are bigger than some ACC teams

Bruh, just stop. You'll are not winning this game, you won't come within 3 td's of winning this game. You can bring up all the stats,depth charts, players genealogy you want lol. The fact of the matter is this is not the al golden hurricanes, which if it were you would definitely have a legitimate argument. This is history repeating itself. UM + state of Miami players + competent coaching staff = SHIPS, College FB domination. So please just stop, you are The U of toledo. Mods please lock this thread until 49-13 score is on scoreboard at the Rock.

Advertisement
Guys, guys, guys settle down. Just pointing out we shouldn't get over confident. I'd hate to see us upset FSU only to get upset the next week by a good Toledo team.

Guys, guys, guys settle down. Just pointing out we shouldn't get over confident. I'd hate to see us upset FSU only to get upset the next week by a good Toledo team.

Man look what Cokeshanden did to our fan base. It's Toledo! We have an elite defense again

QB Logan Woodside 6'2, 210
RB Terry Swanson 5'10, 205
WR Jon'vea Johnson 6'0, 188
WR Cody Thompson 6'2, 205
WR Desmond Phillips 5'10, 195
TE Nate Swart 6'5, 240
OL Nate Jeppeson 6'3, 282
OL Sammi Kassem 6'4, 320
OL Brant Weiss 6'6, 292
OL Elijah Nkansah 6'6, 315
OL Yazeed Atariwa 6'4, 315

I bet we are bigger than some ACC teams

Roster looks great!!! You're coming here to south fla, at near the hottest part of the year!!!
Talk to me at half time when all you got left is well done dried out jerkey,.. And we'll see who's still buying!!

click bate I know... Wassup Miami forum! My name is a Dan and I'm a G5 fan, but a Toledo fan first and foremost. I have a bi weekly podcast about the G5 so I recall last years game with App State, and will have an eye on your game with stAte. I live with a Canes fan and know enough about your program over the years.

What do you think about the match up with the Rockets this season?

Backround....
Toledo opens with Elon, @Nevada, and Tulsa. We should be 3-0, or 2-1 at worst.
Toledo has one of the nations leading returning passers. Woodside threw for 4,100+ yards, 45 TD's to 9 INT's and better than 69% completion %.

RECORDS BY YEAR:

2010 8-5
2011 9-4
2012 9-4
2013 7-5
2014 9-4
2015 10-2
2016 9-4

In 2015 Toledo was in the top 25 for 6 weeks, defeated #18 Arkansas on the road, and defeated #23 Temple in the Boca Raton Bowl.
In 2016 the Rockets had a soft schedule, put 53 on BYU one of the nations leading defenses, but gave up 55 in that game. The Rockets other losses came to 8-5 Ohio, 13-1 WMU, and 10-3 App State.

In UT's past 10 P5 games these are the results...
[2010]
W 31-20 @Purdue
[2011]
L 22-27 @Ohio State
L (OT) "PAT miss make, mess up" 30-33 Syracuse
[2012]
L (OT) 17-24 @Arizona
[2013]
L 6- 24 [MENTION=9112]FLorida[/MENTION]
L 23-38 @Mizzou
[2014]
L 24- 49 Mizzou
L 27-30 @Iowa State
[2015]
W 16-12 @Arkansas
W (2OT) 30-27 Iowa State

I hope you're 2nd string QB is pretty good, because you're going to be playing him the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Here ya go, my man. Study our game last year against the team that beat you 31-28 in bowl season last year.

[video=youtube;uC_BDCo1YZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC_BDCo1YZI[/video]

Now understand that this year we will be bigger, faster, stronger, meaner, and smarter at every single position on the field with the possible exception of TE.

When are you? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Bowl
We play in one of the nicest stadiums in all of college football and your "team" plays in an 80 year old field-turfed ****-box with a seating capacity well below 30K, and you want to talk about stadiums?

GTFOH with that ****, you fa99ot.

View attachment 48640

Does using profanity make you feel good?? lol

No one really bothers to rank stadiums but bleacher report anyways? Who cares? Of all things why is that something to puff your chest about? Not national titles or NFL players, but the fact that you reside in a large city with an NFL team who rents out their stadium to you??? Bravo. I sure hope it's nice!

It's funny you mention our artificial **** box of a stadium. Your fans will be more than welcome to it in 2018. What are you powerhouses doing doing a 1 for 1 with a MAC school anyways????

Toledo Blade, "UT and Miami have played once before, a 24-14 home-field victory for Miami on Nov. 21, 1987. Miami was ranked No. 3 in the nation at the time in both the AP and UPI polls, and went on to win the national championship that season thanks to a 20-14 win over then-No. 1 Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl."

Lol whut? While we would all love for the Canes to have their own stadium, there just isn't enough room on the campus. So instead they use what is probably one of the nicest football stadiums pro or college. You know **** well you'd share Hard Rock stadium and if you go to the game you'll know why.
[MENTION=17528]UofToledofans[/MENTION] my post to enjoy the stadium was sincere. I wasn't ranking the stadium at all. It's a nice ****ing stadium that just got a few hundred million dollars in upgrades. But, if you'd like to talk about national titles, NFL players, number of first round draft picks, NFL hall of famers, or any other type of quality football measuring stick, let's do it. We'll let you start because you'll be done really quick. You have what, one first round draft pick? You got any pro bowlers? What's your longest winning streak? What's your longest home winning streak? What's your highest ranking? What's your best bowl win?
Why is Miami coming to you? Because Miami will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. You got anyone else in the P5 willing to do that?

Exactly, those are the things that should be touted because you are "the U." When I posted about your stadium, I was referring to the fella down playing the Glass Bowl. Not you. It's still a funny thing to bring up...how lucky we are to play there?? We've played in the Big House and won. We've played in Happy Valley and won. The program has played at nice stadiums before. We played at Gillette 2 seasons ago. Big time atmosphere's are fun, and I'm sure the team will enjoy it's time down there.

Our longest winning streak is longer than yours tho lol. Won every game from 1969 to 1971. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_NCAA_Division_I_football_winning_streaks

Best Bowl win I'm not sure? #23 Temple probably because they beat ND that year, or a Tangerine bowl win? Finished in the top 25 a few times. As you would expect we haven't had any P5 bowl games because it goes by tie-ins and we simply don't have a P5 tie in. We are 10-6 in Bowl games ever. Had some decent NFL players. Lance Moore. Bruce Gradkowski. Barry Church. Brent Kern. Nick Kazcur. John Grecco. etc. We lead the conference most seasons in NFL players. Had 3 drafted last season.

Obviously this is no Miami equivalent, but we aren't an FCS school that has never beaten anyone in the top 50.

(taken from csnbbs board)
ACC: 0-0
B10: 6-14 (Purdue (2010/1997/1992, Michigan 2008, Minnesota 2001, Penn State 2000)
B12: 4-5 (ISU 2015/2007, Colorado 2009, Kansas 2006)
P12: 0-6
SEC: 1-3 (Arkansas 2015)

Not puffing my chest at all. You asked these questions.

And that's fine if you aren't scared of anyone. We enjoy the opportunity. But most big schools stay away from Toledo... That's why Ohio State took us in Cleveland. Pitt was the last top 25 P5 team to come to the Glass Bowl. They were 9th with Larry Fitzgerald and went home sad Panthers.

Ok, never said you guys were lucky to play at Hard Rock. The stadium has had 500 million in upgrades over the last few years. It's ****ing sweet.
I didn't know your team had a winning streak that long. You have Miami by one game but no where near the competition during the streaks. Your best finish was ranked 12 after going 12-0. Miami has gone 12-0 three times and all three resulted in a national championship. Miami has 5 NC rings, a record 58 game home win streak, 14 years straight of first round draft picks, and a record 6 guys taken in the first round in the 2004 draft. The accolade comparison really isn't even close. Y'all beating Pitt with Larry Fitzgerald? That team lost 5 games that year. They shouldn't have been ranked. Also, Miami beat Pitt both years Larry was there.

Purdue
2010 8 losses
1997 3 losses, not bad but it was the first game of the season.
1992 7 losses
2008 Michigan 9 losses, ****ing terrible team.
2001 Minnesota 7 losses
2000 Penn State another 7 loss team.
One quality win against the B10 out of 20 games.

ISU
2015 9 losses
2007 9 losses
Colorado 2009 9 losses
Kansas 2006 6 losses
No quality wins out of 9 games

Arkansas had 5 losses that year but they were over .500 so it's a quality win.

Y'all are not going to beat Miami this year or next year in your house. The higher you get your hopes up, the harder you're going to crash.

EDIT:
Check out who Miami is putting into the ring of honor this year. Recognize any of the names?

[TWEET]896089564363632640[/TWEET]

Mother of God. We're honoring Sean Taylor and wearing the blacks on the same night???

Man, Georgia Tech might just drop the program after they ramble their wrecked a$$es all the way back to Atlanta.

Advertisement
UM will bring the most aggressive, violent defense onto the field that Toledo has seen this decade. Walton runs through the Toledo defense like the Kool Aid Man breaking through drywall. UM wins by at least 4 TDs.

Yeah, like that wonderful defense I saw today against Bethune-Cookman. See my post in another thread when i remind people that Toledo almost ruined our perfect NC season in 1987. We pulled it out 24-14.

So, I don't go around talking about butt-raping anyone. That being said, you take your "life" into your hands when you try to visit and act nice on a UM board. Our fans are almost uniformly hostile and nasty--and perhaps, rightfully so.

After all, didn't Donald Trump insult almost everyone on his way to winning?

Why should we? #MUGA -- MaketheUGreatAgain!

Advertisement

Man look what Cokeshanden did to our fan base. It's Toledo! We have an elite defense again

Yeah. Right. Did it show up today vs. B-C? Let's see if we're elite vs. FSU. I'm not thrilled at what I saw today. I think I remember that Toledo game. I wasn't there, I don't live in South Florida. I remember sitting with a bunch of UM fans from the Washington, D.C. area. I remember a pretty sick feeling for most of a game until we managed to pull it out. It almost ruined our NC season, 1987. It's hard to remember--that was 30 years ago. It was one of the games we couldn't even get on a satellite dish. Otherwise, we would have gone to a sports bar instead of listening on the radio at somebody's home. I remember the sickness most of us felt that entire night. It was so long ago that it's hard to remember for sure that it was Toledo, but it must have been. I remember it was some fairly weak team from the Midwest. We always scheduled a cupcake or two like that. I was thinking it was Northern Illinois, but we beat them comfortably the year before so it must have been that 1987 game against Toledo. The game was in doubt for a while, as I recall.

Do you remember what the scoring was? I don't think we led most of the game. I think we came from behind to beat Toledo.

Advertisement
Bump...
3-0 Toledo @ 1-0 Miami. Who woulda thought?

After watching some of the game and the last couple possessions, Toledo was bailed out by the officials. They had the ball in their own territory with a 3rd and 7, and the refs blow a bull**** PI call (they also got another personal foul penalty on Tulsa that drive that bailed them out). Toledo should've had to punt with 1:36 left and would've lost. The score was 51-51 and they weren't stopping Tulsa. Also, Toledo with 15 PENALTIES??? Sound like a pretty disciplined team!

Advertisement
Back