Tired of The SEC/ACC Bag Game?

You're not getting it.

***** the NCAA. They won't investigate diddly-**it.

Independent investigators will investigate - with an assist by the IRS.

By being recognized as blatant cheaters by the general public - then they'd have a long haul to legitimately claim future victories - and it would definitely slow things down.

Oh - another bit on the NCAA. You should know - the SEC teams are NOT the only teams in the NCAA. It's an association. There's NO WAY for the NCAA to ignore such things - simply due to numbers - sheer numbers of other colleges and universities in the NCAA. The weight of numbers will demand action and an equal playing field.

You better believe - it would be quite a scandal - one to be remedied - firmly.

Independent investigators? who are they

Advertisement
The billions of dollars involved prevent any legitimate inquiry. The senators, congressmen, and governors from these states would use their influence to quash any IRS investigation.

The only remote chance is someone near or at the top of the IRS food chain hard up to investigate the bag game. Someone immune or protected from political influence.

The only guys with legal IRS experience here are saying there are likely no cases, or at best low priority cases.

There could be a really good chance that there is nothing that can be done from the legal end of it.

At the end of the day, it’s up to the NCAA to enforce their own rules and policies or not. And if they don’t then let’s all play the game. Although Miami sure has a lot less capital (ie quiet wealthy boosters) to play with.

It may take this being exposed to the general public enough to embarrass the NCAA enough to,get them to do something to level the playing field.

I just don’t see how all these torturous theories about legally going after players will ever amount to anything.

Advertisement
The billions of dollars involved prevent any legitimate inquiry. The senators, congressmen, and governors from these states would use their influence to quash any IRS investigation.

The only remote chance is someone near or at the top of the IRS food chain hard up to investigate the bag game. Someone immune or protected from political influence.
Completely inaccurate and, quite frankly, ignorant. The IRS does not negotiate with terrorists or anyone, actually.

Advertisement
Read the thread! I’ve already posted about it and I don’t have time to explain the technicalities of criminal law. Engaging in financial transactions with proceeds of a specified unlawful activity is money laundering. This can be charged in almost any case. Judges, mayors, attorneys, doctors, NASCAR drivers, do you want me to go on? What do you think federal law enforcement does on a daily basis?

Read the thread! I’ve already posted about it and I don’t have time to explain the technicalities of criminal law. Engaging in financial transactions with proceeds of a specified unlawful activity is money laundering. This can be charged in almost any case. Judges, mayors, attorneys, doctors, NASCAR drivers, do you want me to go on? What do you think federal law enforcement does on a daily basis?

What is the specified unlawful activity?

What is the specified unlawful activity?
There are hundreds. Mail or wire fraud being the most common. It’s a statute that is violated to perpetuate a scheme; i.e. violation of NCAA rules. Communicate via text across state lines about your payment for committing here, receive payment, engage in transaction, I come and handcuff you. Or give payment to nominee so she can engage in transaction and I come and handcuff all of you. A money laundering conspiracy could be charged all day long. Then, we come and forfeit all of the assets involved in the scheme. Cars, houses, jewelry, dogs, cats, entire car delearships that are being used to perpetuate the crimes, etc. And I’m 25 years of Law Enforcement, I’ve not seen or heard of a SINGLE case that has been quashed by some political dip****. In fact, that would just get the dip**** charged as well. Make sense?

Advertisement
There are hundreds. Mail or wire fraud being the most common. It’s a statute that is violated to perpetuate a scheme; i.e. violation of NCAA rules. Communicate via text across state lines about your payment for committing here, receive payment, engage in transaction, I come and handcuff you. Or give payment to nominee so she can engage in transaction and I come and handcuff all of you. A money laundering conspiracy could be charged all day long. Then, we come and forfeit all of the assets involved in the scheme. Cars, houses, jewelry, dogs, cats, entire car delearships that are being used to perpetuate the crimes, etc. And I’m 25 years of Law Enforcement, I’ve not seen or heard of a SINGLE case that has been quashed by some political dip****. In fact, that would just get the dip**** charged as well. Make sense?

I believe you about the case (not) being quashed. That’s just fantasy conspiracy nonsense. We’re on the same page there.

As a layman, I’m just getting lost in the weeds as far as what the actual underlying crime is. In other words, as I was discussing with the other poster who’s a tax attorney, if a booster pays off a family through benefits, and those benefits are reported as gains to the IRS, or it’s overpaying for a house, or overpaying for a “bullshlt” job, technically, where’s the crime?

I’m not trying to be stubborn, I’m trying to understand...and unlike the vast majority of posters here, you sound like maybe you know what you’re talking about.

I believe you about the case (not) being quashed. That’s just fantasy conspiracy nonsense. We’re on the same page there.

As a layman, I’m just getting lost in the weeds as far as what the actual underlying crime is. In other words, as I was discussing with the other poster who’s a tax attorney, if a booster pays off a family through benefits, and those benefits are reported as gains to the IRS, or it’s overpaying for a house, or overpaying for a “bullshlt” job, technically, where’s the crime?

I’m not trying to be stubborn, I’m trying to understand...and unlike the vast majority of posters here, you sound like maybe you know what you’re talking about.
What you just described is classic money laundering. If I pay taxes on illicit payments by running drug proceeds through my restaurant and claiming it as income for hamburger sales, then there is no crime right??? Wrong!! This has zero to do with taxes; that would be a last resort only.

It’s a violation of NCAA rules to accept/receive any kind of benefit in exchange for your commitment, continued enrollment, etc., right? So, as an example, if you use email/cellphone/landline where any communication crosses state lines (almost all email/text servers are) to perpetuate your NCAA violation scheme, then you’ve committed federal wire fraud(18 USC 1343), a federal specified unlawful activity (sua). ANY payments/benefits that are subsequently received by said player or any of his nominees is now fraud proceeded of an sua. Once transactions are conducted with saif proceeds (car, house, jewelry purchase) ow each transaction can be a money laundering transaction, depending on the particulars.

In addition, we have wealthy boosters providing funds to the institutions and the players directly which promotes the NCAA rules violation scheme. Anybody involved in the scheme to any degree can be charged in a money laundering conspiracy, and all assets seized and forfeited as a result. It’s what we do.

Advertisement
What you just described is classic money laundering. If I pay taxes on illicit payments by running drug proceeds through my restaurant and claiming it as income for hamburger sales, then there is no crime right??? Wrong!! This has zero to do with taxes; that would be a last resort only.

It’s a violation of NCAA rules to accept/receive any kind of benefit in exchange for your commitment, continued enrollment, etc., right? So, as an example, if you use email/cellphone/landline where any communication crosses state lines (almost all email/text servers are) to perpetuate your NCAA violation scheme, then you’ve committed federal wire fraud(18 USC 1343), a federal specified unlawful activity (sua). ANY payments/benefits that are subsequently received by said player or any of his nominees is now fraud proceeded of an sua. Once transactions are conducted with saif proceeds (car, house, jewelry purchase) ow each transaction can be a money laundering transaction, depending on the particulars.

In addition, we have wealthy boosters providing funds to the institutions and the players directly which promotes the NCAA rules violation scheme. Anybody involved in the scheme to any degree can be charged in a money laundering conspiracy, and all assets seized and forfeited as a result. It’s what we do.

Deleting my stupidity so others don’t repeat it. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Last edited:
This is 100% factually wrong. For one, NCAA violations are not crimes. They are arbitrary rules made up by a private organization granted powers by its very members. The federal government has zero say in these rules, and the rules are not created by federal statute.Paying a recruit is 100% not illegal in the federal sense. It is illegal in the NCAA sense, but that is not a crime. The closest the federal government comes in any way to the NCAA operations is by granting it 501c3 tax exempt status.

I guess if a booster (Nevin Shapiro, as an example), is making money illegally and giving money to recruits then there is some blurred line. If a lawyer, doctor, business owner or whatever makes money and gives it to a recruit, that is not money laundering. That is not a federal crime. You cannot go to jail for that. If you are trying to get a future business benefit (like Adidas) then that may change the fact pattern. But just paying a guy to win you a title for 3-4 years is not going to get you sent to prison.

The Adidas story they got guys accepting payments to push guys certain places and to sign with Adidas or certain agencies after college, and those were considered bribes (if I remember correctly). That is why the players themselves did not get in trouble with the FBI for bribery. You can’t bribe yourself into acting.

Please stop perpetuating this nonsense. It is 100% nonsense.
I have no words for your ignorance. No where in anything I wrote did I say NCAA rules are federal violations. Reading comprehension my friend!! Please don’t post if you haven’t litigated hundreds of federal criminal cases.

I have no words for your ignorance. No where in anything I wrote did I say NCAA rules are federal violations. Reading comprehension my friend!! Please don’t post if you haven’t litigated hundreds of federal criminal cases.

Edit - I will take an L here. Interesting that they say that knowingly making a player ineligible through concealed payments is enough to constitute wire fraud and all of that. My apologies and removing my ignorant misinformation. I’ll stick to taxes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back