Time to Vote on what you want the banner to say gents

Choose between the two most popular options so far.

• 1. Save the U, fire James, Strawley & hire a real AD!

Votes: 91 43.3%
  • 2. UM bowl season, time to flush James and Strawley!

Votes: 22 10.5%
  • 3. Pawn the chain for a real AD! #FireJames&Strawley

Votes: 99 47.1%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not going back and forth on this, it's stupid
I stated how I felt, I don't intent change opinions. I just part of the group that disagrees with these actions from the fan base.

I said it before and I'll say it again. We represent a huge part of what is wrong, and we can fly banners and get whoever the **** we want fired, but I can assure you we won't be attracting quality people to the program. No one wants to have to deal with that ****.

Advertisement
Those saying it’s too soon, have you learned nothing from the past 15 years? Do you not see how this is going to turn out, probably worse than every other coach yet? You clowns were saying the same **** with Shannon, Golden and then Richt. “Oh it’s too soon you have to wait and give him a chance”. Only towards the end coming to the right side when it was so painfully obvious to anyone.

I laugh when people bring up the usual talking points,“oh you guys would have flown a banner for Butch”. It’s like when in recruiting they say Ed Reed was a two star every time we take a project. Guess what you dummies, those are outliers from 20 years ago. Stop living in the past and wake up.

The only thing embarrassing about this fan base is those who are content with just letting Blake James do whatever he wants with your money. Meanwhile, Tennessee fans are staging coupe against their ADs FSU fans are calling Willie the N word, so spare the fake outrage that the banner is so bad.

Bums.

If it doesnt say manny then the admin will require the new AD to keep him.

it absolutely needs to say manny, hes the one corching it up and recruiting worse than any coach we have ever had.
Which is how it should be. Personally, seems pretty unreasonable and harsh to come in as the new AD and immediately fire a first-time HC who was operating under an administration that set absurdly low expectations. There’s no doubt Manny has shown that he doesn’t know what he’s doing, absolutely inexcusable that the team comes out looking flat and unprepared after BOTH bye weeks. It’s something that should’ve been recognized earlier by our AD before hiring someone with 0 experience.

That being said, assuming we hire a competent AD that knows how to run things properly and actually cares about the state of Canes football, he’ll have Manny on a short leash in his second year and feeling legit internal pressure to figure shît out or get lost.

Advertisement
Many don't want to hear that facts that turning a program around is going to come with growing pains. People want to feel safe and secure. When you hire a big name coach, people are willing to wait because they believe that success will follow. So they don't throw a tantrum when a coach loses a game they shouldn't the first year.

People who want Diaz fired are afraid; plain and simple. There's nothing to hang his hat on other than a chain and turnovers. Diaz understands momentum and how it can win a game and how it can change an institution. That doesn't work for some because they want a coach that understands football in the sense of "win now, fu.k the rules and fu.k everything else". But that type of success isn't sustainable.. unless you're Saban.. or Meyer.

The game is different now. All this money going into banners would be better served funneling money into the hands of recruits to get them to stop going north to play in front of "fans" that wouldn't spit on them if they were burning in the streets if not for "how that boy run with that bawwwl."

Blake Baker needs to be reassigned or fired. Dan Enos needs to tailor his offense to the skill on the team and not the other way around. I don't like Stroud's DL because there's no hand violence and our pass rushers are not employing pass rush moves. If he lost his job, I wouldn't be terribly upset. We need to reevaluate position assignments all across the defense, actually. On offense, I'm not inspired by what I'm seeing from the OL but I blame that more on what our guys are being asked to do.

Diaz needs to make changes just like he did from 2017 going into 2018 where we were a more substantive defense that season (minus an uninspired bowl game against Wisconsin). If that means a few grown men need to find a new job, so be it.

***EDIT*** I had to emphasize the first line just to point out the irony. I said "many don't want to hear it" and was swiftly met with posters clamoring to prove my point.

I see ya, baby.. WINK, WINK
Am a bit mystified as to how stroud's getting a quiet pass. He's worst position coach we have RN, besides lou ferigno.

Advertisement
Back