Time for another Uniform Thread

Advertisement
Miami is one of those schools that should be wearing an updated version of their classic uniforms. Use the modern fabrics, technologies and athletic fits, but stop trying to make them wearable art, or whatever. The last several iterations from Nike were an abomination and disgusting.

So you didn’t like the 2014 Jerseys? I’m not talking about that dumb combo Golden put together (Orange over Green), I’m just referring to the aesthetics of the jersey.

People didn’t like the green & burnt helmets (even though both colorways are apart of our history) and I get why; they did look like ornaments, and if they were going to bring back retro helmets, they should’ve been solid color. (It did feel Oregony).

But imo, the 2014 jerseys were hella clean, and the team went dumb for them to.
Regardless, we need to trash the all orange & all green combo no matter who our sponsor is. It should be orange on white / white on orange; green on white / white on green, or all black

So you didn’t like the 2014 Jerseys? I’m not talking about that dumb combo Golden put together (Orange over Green), I’m just referring to the aesthetics of the jersey.

People didn’t like the green & burnt helmets (even though both colorways are apart of our history) and I get why; they did look like ornaments, and if they were going to bring back retro helmets, they should’ve been solid color. (It did feel Oregony).

Regardless, we need to trash the all orange & all green combo no matter who our sponsor is. It should be orange on white / white on orange; green on white / white on green, or all black

The Orange/Orange combo they wore against Florida in 2013 was a team decision. I know a dude who worked on the equipment staff under Shannon and Golden and all the uniform combinations were voted on by the team. Not sure if it's still like that with the current staff.

**** I thought bamas uniforms were garbage till they put those goons in the Jersey and they became elite. If u put skinny bums and fat players in your jersey they look trash.

The Orange/Orange combo they wore against Florida in 2013 was a team decision. I know a dude who worked on the equipment staff under Shannon and Golden and all the uniform combinations were voted on by the team. Not sure if it's still like that with the current staff.

That chit was trash. Lol. I thought I read it was on the coach, but everyone pointed to Nike like they forced us to wear that FAMU combo. Lol. That combo decision should’ve told us the mindset of our team. Lol

Advertisement
That chit was trash. Lol. I thought I read it was on the coach, but everyone pointed to Nike like they forced us to wear that FAMU combo. Lol. That combo decision should’ve told us the mindset of our team. Lol
Oh yeah, it was terrible. I remember my boy texting me a couple days before the game telling me I was going to be ****ed when I see the jerseys. We actually wore an orange/orange jersey in 2019 too but i forgot which game it was. Never liked that monochromatic color look. Looks like high shcool.

Our resident expert on all wearables............very cool.
Relly you know your shi*.

Thanks bro; I’ve been doing this for a while. I got connects w/in the industry that drop little Easter eggs here & there. Plus, I have a gannnnnnnnng of little cousins that keep my ears to the street. Lol.

Oh yeah, it was terrible. I remember my boy texting me a couple days before the game telling me I was going to be ****ed when I see the jerseys. We actually wore an orange/orange jersey in 2019 too but i forgot which game it was. Never liked that monochromatic color look. Looks like high shcool.

Facts! ****, I hate the color rush chit in the NFL! That chit is very high school-esq and NFL Europe.

Advertisement
The 2014 uniforms were nice but the problem was the alternate helmets and the combos we wore. The problem with the adidas uniforms is the template that they use. The jersey stretches and looks funky.

This was a clean look imo but Golden never should have allowed the players to vote on different combo’s to use.

1581971632570.jpeg

The 2014 uniforms were nice but the problem was the alternate helmets and the combos we wore. The problem with the adidas uniforms is the template that they use. The jersey stretches and looks funky.

This was a clean look imo but Golden never should have allowed the players to vote on different combo’s to use.

View attachment 112006
They were gorgeous besides the alternate helmets. I get people arguing and *****in about the helmets. But them unis woooooooo shyts were clean af. They were voted best new uniforms in cfb that year. Kids in NJ who didn't even watch cfb were like yo them new Miami uniforms clean af.
The only gripe with that picture is the the helmets weren't as white as the jerseys white.

View attachment 112006
All about recruits. I remember in 05 we had the alternate we wore against GT. Nike did the same with VT, UF, and maybe another. Beamer said they kept wearing them (beyond the 1 scheduled game) because the recruits really liked them.

I know the players aren't recruits but I'd more or less take their word as to what looks nice since they are closer in life and culture to a recruit.

But yeah, I agree generally in the look in 14. Some of the alienates (even with the helmets) were nice though.

Advertisement

Truthfully, Nike had lost me once they rolled out the "bra-strap" edition a few years prior. The 2014 jerseys were fine, it was a clean look, but to me, Miami is an iconic team nationally with a color scheme and symbol that became a brand. There's about a dozen or so teams where simpler is way better.

Truthfully, Nike had lost me once they rolled out the "bra-strap" edition a few years prior. The 2014 jerseys were fine, it was a clean look, but to me, Miami is an iconic team nationally with a color scheme and symbol that became a brand. There's about a dozen or so teams where simpler is way better.

I agree, and truthfully, that’s y the 2014 joints were made; it was supposed to represent an old w the new. The bra strap joints were lazy af, and truth be told, a lot of “experimental” designs back then from them for other teams were ugly af, to me.

Our jerseys are iconic, and I’m not saying that as a homer; The U is nationally and internationally known. Yes, we’re in the city of Miami, where glitz, glam, flamboyance is often associated w this beautiful city, but our look is iconic. I like the new Adidas jersey b/c it reminds me of the glory years; however, the material that’s being used is not up to par, which is y it often slips off shoulder pads, and the intimacy with the embroidering is something left to be desired. With that being said, it’s the cleanest look we had in a while.

Simple, clean, is better. I don’t occasionally mind a classic throwback, either, from yesteryear or a modern alternate from time to time.

View attachment 112006
The thing I didn't like with Nike was that they'd create a uniform for Miami and the next year, start putting it on 5-10 other teams, this one included

Advertisement
The thing I didn't like with Nike was that they'd create a uniform for Miami and the next year, start putting it on 5-10 other teams, this one included

This is true; and it’s b/c we were the first for a lot of their designs or materials. Both us & Oregon typically got first dibs on designs. I mentioned that earlier in this thread that Nike’s tech designs was always first used on us, Oregon, then the rest of their Nike Schools.

I know y we went w Adidas, obviously, but I was real leery about it b/c of what I heard from former Michigan players, and my baby cousin that graduated from Michigan. The players complained they stopped getting love after about year 4 in the contract, and the fans were bytching about fam gear. Once they switched to Jordan, literally everything sold out at the student store and online in a couple of hours....they were anxious to go back to Nike.

Adidas also almost got us caught up in that scandal....yet they gave full attention to both Kansas & Louisville who were also caught up.

Old heads hate every uniform that isn’t 80’s stripe orange and white. It’s just nostalgia.

All of our uniforms have been clean except for a few design flaws.

The silly line on the back of the “bra strap” uniform ruined a clean, simple but modern look

The “eye brows” were clean and original. Really liked that design.

2014 were almost epic but two flaws. Needed a better design for the sleeves and the pants needed a stripe. The Smoke was fire and the orange and green helmets were way overdue. We had some super fire combos.

I don’t mind the classic look but would like to see some more modern alternates. Our current colors are way to bright and look like trash compared to the late 80s and 1998 uniform.

If we have to be traditionalist, I want that 1998 design back with smaller mesh. It was super fire and designed as a short sleeve jersey unlike those clean Russell uniforms.

Old heads hate every uniform that isn’t 80’s stripe orange and white. It’s just nostalgia.

All of our uniforms have been clean except for a few design flaws.

The silly line on the back of the “bra strap” uniform ruined a clean, simple but modern look

The “eye brows” were clean and original. Really liked that design.

2014 were almost epic but two flaws. Needed a better design for the sleeves and the pants needed a stripe. The Smoke was fire and the orange and green helmets were way overdue. We had some super fire combos.

I don’t mind the classic look but would like to see some more modern alternates. Our current colors are way to bright and look like trash compared to the late 80s and 1998 uniform.

If we have to be traditionalist, I want that 1998 design back with smaller mesh. It was super fire and designed as a short sleeve jersey unlike those clean Russell uniforms.

Agree w u; personally I didn’t like the bra strap design, or the that mismatched pro combat chit. Lol.

I liked the helmets from 14, simply b/c they were apart of our uniform history. We wore burnt strap on helmets back in the 30’s (leather heads) and we wore green lids in the mid 70’s. My only complaint was the chrome look of them vs. a matted look. But for those that kept saying they messed up our helmets, I had to admonish them to go back to our history, pre ‘83.

And I agree w the stripe for the 14 pants.
I think our jerseys are so bright (including that shimmering green we have) is b/c Nike puts patents on designs. Adidas couldn’t quite duplicate Michigan colors either when they took over sponsorship. So that may be the only reason Adidas have to go w a different hue of orange & green.

Agree w u; personally I didn’t like the bra strap design, or the that mismatched pro combat chit. Lol.

I liked the helmets from 14, simply b/c they were apart of our uniform history. We wore burnt strap on helmets back in the 30’s (leather heads) and we wore green lids in the mid 70’s. My only complaint was the chrome look of them vs. a matted look. But for those that kept saying they messed up our helmets, I had to admonish them to go back to our history, pre ‘83.

And I agree w the stripe for the 14 pants.
I think our jerseys are so bright (including that shimmering green we have) is b/c Nike puts patents on designs. Adidas couldn’t quite duplicate Michigan colors either when they took over sponsorship. So that may be the only reason Adidas have to go w a different hue of orange & green.
Patenting a color. If you want proof our government is just flunkies to corporate America, that’s as good as it gets.

At what point can you be sued for a deep orange and dark green?

Advertisement
Back