Tim Williams commits to Alabama

I had lunch today at FSU and was taken on a tour of the IPF currently being built. I was able to get a few tidbits from one of the coaches i have known for 12 years now. Either the noles a delusional or they again, will close very strong on NSD.

According to this Coach FSU feels very strongly about signing the following players:

Keith Bryant, Tim Williams, Matt Thomas, Laremy Tunsil and Stacy Coley..... Coach O said he feels Denver Kirkland will end up at Miami and that Alex Collins will end up at Arkansas. He did not comment on Jalen Ramsey but said he thought he and his dad had a very good visit to FSU. They are concerned about Ryan Green taking visits so look for them to try and put a choke hold on that kid as well as Ira Denson. Not the star studded class FSU is used to putting together, but if they land all those kids top 6 probably for sure. I questioned him about class size and he didnt seem to care about that.....they would "sort if all out if they land the kids they want" Anyways thats about all from here in enemy territory..
]

115.gif

Advertisement
well everyone on this board felt really strongly about signing tim williams, too, so what does that make us?

The fact he cancelled/rescheduled a bunch of visits had me prepared for this. Too bad but I will take Muhammed over Williams every day of the week.

Advertisement
He couldn´t afford one unofficial. He has a kid in Baton Rouge. How the fvck is he supposed to shuttle back and forth regularly if he can´t afford one visit? Been saying forget him since he said in an interview months ago that he couldn´t afford to come down to Miami on his own dime.

Was told this last night as a rumor, but I guess this seals it. I knew something was up with him and Miami with the 4 cancelled trips.

Advertisement
Was told this last night as a rumor, but I guess this seals it. I knew something was up with him and Miami with the 4 cancelled trips.

seriously, if you guys didn't see the writing on the wall.....pretty obvious he was never coming here. I'd rather have AQM anyways

AQM made Williams more of a nice to have than an absolute need. Would have liked to see Williams develop here because he's a playmaker, but as I said yesterday, we have other priorities who I believe will hurt a lot more if we lose out on them. Ah well.

if we get collins, 6, coley, kirk, keef, bostwick , and grace i'm good, especially with the numbers in all by the way, does anyone know what the real deal was with him and LSU? did they want him or not...honestly i thought they would be the biggest team to watch

Advertisement
Always said I would have been surprised if he ever even made his OV here. This one felt really, really odd from the start.

Advertisement
esf, bomb, myself and some other recruiting vets predicted this. You just don't go into SEC country and pull a 4/5 star kid. You just don't/can't if you're miami. I was always cautious that we were the only dog in his race - something just didn't make sense.

As soon as I saw Bama thrust itself into the mix, I had a sense that it was lights out.

I was told he actually committed over the weekend and was not going public with it yet and was still planning to take a free Miami trip. My guess is that Alabama talked him out of that.

esf, bomb, myself and some other recruiting vets predicted this. You just don't go into SEC country and pull a 4/5 star kid. You just don't/can't if you're miami. I was always cautious that we were the only dog in his race - something just didn't make sense.

As soon as I saw Bama thrust itself into the mix, I had a sense that it was lights out.

Dobard is the exception to the rule.

From my gut feelings, Tim was one of two guys remaining on our list of uncommitted players that I wasn't all that confident about. I started convincing myself that we might get him since he was seemingly close with Standish Dobard. Oh well, glad we were able to get AQM.

Coley is the other.

Advertisement
Back