Tim Williams commits to Alabama

Mom wanting kids to stay closer to home for most regions save for south fla seems to be the norm

Advertisement
Pete's rolling!!! Called AQM, Sandland and now this.... You have definitely gotten a real feel for your job

esf, bomb, myself and some other recruiting vets predicted this. You just don't go into SEC country and pull a 4/5 star kid. You just don't/can't if you're miami. I was always cautious that we were the only dog in his race - something just didn't make sense.

As soon as I saw Bama thrust itself into the mix, I had a sense that it was lights out.

Congrats, let me e-pat u and your recruiting vets crew on the e-back.

Dobard is a 4* on Scout and high 3* on 247 and Rivals BTW.

I dont have all the facts but I do think miami was his dream school he just had other factors that were very important to him such as being close to his family. Cant fault him for that. I wish him the best at bama. Would have been nice to have him though.

Pete's rolling!!! Called AQM, Sandland and now this.... You have definitely gotten a real feel for your job

well I can't really take credit for saying Williams would go to Bama. I've just been saying for a while now that I didn't see him in the class until he actually visited here.

Last week I posted that he had a legit offer from Bama and they were going to try to get him to commit, but I was surprised to hear he actually did.

Advertisement
I dont have all the facts but I do think miami was his dream school he just had other factors that were very important to him such as being close to his family. Cant fault him for that. I wish him the best at bama. Would have been nice to have him though.

I wish him the best just not Bama lol

I wish him the best just not Bama lol

Agree. I hope he makes it to the nfl but hope bama loses every game from here on out.

I never felt he was coming here and really didn't care. Just take another SF kids please.
well everyone on this board felt really strongly about signing tim williams, too, so what does that make us?

Advertisement
We're barking up the right tree. We're targeting a lot of the same players.

Last edited:
Kid stayed home to be close to his kid. As a fellow father, can't fault him for that. I have a problem being away from my kid at work, so I applaud him for picking a top program while staying closer to his kid.

Best of luck to him.

well I can't really take credit for saying Williams would go to Bama. I've just been saying for a while now that I didn't see him in the class until he actually visited here.

Last week I posted that he had a legit offer from Bama and they were going to try to get him to commit, but I was surprised to hear he actually did.

116.gif

117.gif

Advertisement
When you think about his recruitment, about what he did as opposed to what others have said, then it really does makes sense that he'd go elsewhere.

I would look for UM to make a run a 2013 DE Alvonte Bell (UK commit from Everglades, HS) or Marquise Blanchard (from Miami Norwestern HS). Blanchard is in the mold of dwight freeney short and violent coming off the edge an he just makes plays period. Where as Bell is lean 6'6" and 230 edge rushing demon but is VERY RAW, but with a red shirt year could play in situational roles as R-Fr, but be a demon edge rusher as a soph.

Or dear I say MOore is better then none, and UM could swoop in to grab 2013 LB Skai Moore an just move to a 3-4 already. Either way UM has some sick options still in play as Play B/C.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I posted this this morning on the "other" William thread:
""I could be wrong. But despite him saying Miami was his leader all this time, I never felt good about getting him. It just didn't feel right with him having a kid there, the distance, his family and SEC schools wanting him.""

I can tell you I was not surprised he committed to Alabama.

interestin he's not even OVin....bama sold him & mama dukes on playin OLB & stayin close 2 home....good luck 2 him even tho he f'ed up my dawgs perfect calls...5 out of 6 aint bad tho

Now i'm intrigued to see out of him and AQM who'll have the better college career. If i'm not mistaken AQM has the size battle won doesnt he?

Now i'm intrigued to see out of him and AQM who'll have the better college career. If i'm not mistaken AQM has the size battle won doesnt he?

Yezzir...I think AQM is better all together, but that's just me. AQM's technique is better at this point.

Advertisement
Back