Tim Reynolds Thinks We Lose 3 Games

I can see losses to FSU and Clemson (or FSU again) in the ACC CG (the only way we play 14 is to make that game - so, we would have to beat VA Tech). I don't anticipate it, but certainly possibe. I suppose if both Clemson and FSU make a BCS game, and we make it to Atlanta against a team like Texas A&M, we could lose a third game. If only one of Clemson and FSU made the BCS, I do not see us losing to Rutgers in Orlando because that is where we would end up. So, my guess at how he gets there is the 2 ACC BCS team scenario involving Clemson and FSU. I don't agree with him, but it is not that far-fetched.

Advertisement
Before the season, 11-3 was better than most expected.

It wasnt anything better then what I expected..... 11-3 doesnt even make sense.

B/c if we lost 3 games in the regular season, VT is winning the Coastal and playing in the ACCCG. Which would mean Miami is just playing 1 extra game, which would mean we would have to lose but then that is 10-3, not 11-3.

I guess he's saying Miami is going to finish 11-1, Lose in the ACCCG (11-2), then Lose in the bowl game 11-3.

Whichever one he's saying, when i looked at the schedule for this year, 2 losses was the only thing that was acceptable to me.... maybe Florida and FSU, ONLY. But my own expectations were an 11-1 season, and even if we lost in the ACCCG, Miami needed to win the bowl game.

which would be 12-2, so 11-3 is worse then what i expected.

I can see losses to FSU and Clemson (or FSU again) in the ACC CG (the only way we play 14 is to make that game - so, we would have to beat VA Tech). I don't anticipate it, but certainly possibe. I suppose if both Clemson and FSU make a BCS game, and we make it to Atlanta against a team like Texas A&M, we could lose a third game. If only one of Clemson and FSU made the BCS, I do not see us losing to Rutgers in Orlando because that is where we would end up. So, my guess at how he gets there is the 2 ACC BCS team scenario involving Clemson and FSU. I don't agree with him, but it is not that far-fetched.

If we play FSU twice, we don't lose to them twice

What you just said was far-fetched..... its far fetched to predict Miami is losing 3 games at this point.

For all you know Tim Reynolds is only talking about the regular season.

I dont "see" UM losing, unlike you, i dont even understand that... its one thing to say it's a toss-up but to say you can "see" losses to your rival school and another school who Miami has gotten the better of, when we sucked, is not something i can get with.

Advertisement
Tim was cool when he was provided all that NCAA updates.. now his updates are full of weird jokes that make no sense

Whats the big fkin deal its his opinion, Im pretty sure everyone would of signed up for that **** at the start of the season.

As much as i hate FSU, VT is a must win. Their schedule is absolutely a cake walk outside of us. We can't lose more than one conference game and we can't lose to them. That's how our season has to play out to reach the ACCCG. How we get to his 11-3 is not totally out of the realm if we play the ACCCG we will be underdog most likely and it will be a toss up.....so too if we end up in the chick fil a bowl v a SEC team with a decent record.

Advertisement

B/c if we lost 3 games in the regular season, VT is winning the Coastal and playing in the ACCCG. Which would mean Miami is just playing 1 extra game, which would mean we would have to lose but then that is 10-3, not 11-3.

I guess he's saying Miami is going to finish 11-1, Lose in the ACCCG (11-2), then Lose in the bowl game 11-3.

Whichever one he's saying, when i looked at the schedule for this year, 2 losses was the only thing that was acceptable to me.... maybe Florida and FSU, ONLY. But my own expectations were an 11-1 season, and even if we lost in the ACCCG, Miami needed to win the bowl game.

So before this season began you expected our defense to be good enough to run thru everyone except UF and FSU, win the ACC title game, and win a BCS bowl? Revisionist history my man...I'd love to see a post proving that prediction. Remember this is coming off last season where we had one of our worst defenses ever.

What you just said was far-fetched..... its far fetched to predict Miami is losing 3 games at this point.

For all you know Tim Reynolds is only talking about the regular season.

I dont "see" UM losing, unlike you, i dont even understand that... its one thing to say it's a toss-up but to say you can "see" losses to your rival school and another school who Miami has gotten the better of, when we sucked, is not something i can get with.

Zone...you're all over the map this morning my man. He wasn't talking about the regular season when he predicted 11-3. We only play 12 games.

No way in **** are we losing to VT at home, not happening. One of these away games could bite us in the *** though, this game coming up tonight tells me big time how the rest of the season goes. This game is no gimmie and it's our first real road game, let's see if they come out with fire in their eyes.
I think we'd have to lose to Virginia Tech to get to 3 losses, unless you're putting losses on FSU, the ACCCG and the Bowl Game. But I can't see us losing the ACC Title Game and then losing a bowl game considering we'll either be playing a mediocre SEC team in the Chick-Fil-A or the AAC runner up in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

Especially when you consider the fact that we could beat Florida State and still only lose 1 game to VT and miss the ACCCG all together. Which would probably throw us in the Sugar Bowl at 12-1.

So before this season began you expected our defense to be good enough to run thru everyone except UF and FSU, win the ACC title game, and win a BCS bowl? Revisionist history my man...I'd love to see a post proving that prediction. Remember this is coming off last season where we had one of our worst defenses ever.

lol Yeah I thought this team was going to be a double digit win team, i might have even said undefeated as a fan..... weaker schedule and i knew the team was going to be better.... i didnt care about the defense last year, if you thought they were still going to be just as bad then you're crazy. I thought that if the defense was somewhere around the 50's-60s then Miami could run the table.

As far as rival teams go... you think I would ever just say that Florida and FSU is hands down better then Miami and just give them the Victory?? NO. I thought they were going to be toss-ups.

I even predicted every player on this team was going to be better, ppl were saying Shayon Green was a "JAG" and i was saying I think that he was going to prove everybody wrong.

Advertisement
He's making a very simple statement. Unless he just completely made up the numbers without analyzing it he's predicting that we beat V tech, otherwise there would be no 14th game (ACCCG).

He's saying losses to FSU in 2 weeks, a loss to Clemson/FSU in the ACCCG, and then a loss to our bowl opponent. There wouldn't be any other options for the losses since everyone else on our schedule in an ACC opponent and another ACC loss would likely keep us out of the ACCCG.

It's an opinion...the only thing that bothers me about it is that if in theory we did lose to both FSU and our opponent in the ACCCG, we'd be playing in something like the Chick Fil A bowl against a not-so-great opponent. I just don't see us losing in that hypothetical bowl matchup.

I said 12-2 before the season and obviously like everyone else here I'm dreaming big right now, but in the grand scheme of things 12-2 would mean we'd go 2-2 in the following 4 games

@FSU
VTech
ACCCG
Bowl game

I could live with 2-2 there...it would hurt since I have my hopes up right now...but I can live with it. I just don't see THIS team losing 3 out of those 4...we are too scrappy a team.

Last edited:
VT will be no toss up unless we have some bad injuries, I expect at least a 14 point win at home. It's a big one for the program, we will move forward on this one. I'm more worried about tonight than that game.

Toss ups:

FSU
VT
ACCCG
Bowl game

Games we should win:

@UNC
Wake
@Duke
UVA
@Pitt

Advertisement

lol Yeah I thought this team was going to be a double digit win team, i might have even said undefeated as a fan..... weaker schedule and i knew the team was going to be better.... i didnt care about the defense last year, if you thought they were still going to be just as bad then you're crazy. I thought that if the defense was somewhere around the 50's-60s then Miami could run the table.

As far as rival teams go... you think I would ever just say that Florida and FSU is hands down better then Miami and just give them the Victory?? NO. I thought they were going to be toss-ups.

I even predicted every player on this team was going to be better, ppl were saying Shayon Green was a "JAG" and i was saying I think that he was going to prove everybody wrong.

I knew we would be much improved, but I wasn't ready to say we would beat everyone on our schedule except FSU and UF...which would probably mean we would rematch FSU in the title game, and I guess you predicted we would beat them there. Which is funny to me.

I knew we would be much improved, but I wasn't ready to say we would beat everyone on our schedule except FSU and UF...which would probably mean we would rematch FSU in the title game, and I guess you predicted we would beat them there. Which is funny to me.

Yeah if Miami played FSU last year in the ACCCG, i wouldve "predicted" we win. You think too highly of FSU, that's ur problem that you cant seem to shake. I'm not predicting Miami lose to any team in a ACCCG what is wrong w/ you?

In august 99% of you guys would have taken 9 or 10 wins.....11 would be huge for us..
I dont want to lose any games and FSU is beatable....

tough games left

FSU@ FSU
VT here
ACC game
Bowl Game

we have to split or go 3-1 with this team....

Advertisement
Back