Tim Burns????

Advertisement
What about Miami’s corners is “decent” exactly?
Our cb is average. Ivey and Blades are both average. Neither has the fluidity, quickness and speed necessary to be elite. That's not Rumph's fault. If you want elite corners you have recruit and sign guys with elite traits. Rumph's issue was/is recruiting.

Our cb is average. Ivey and Blades are both average. Neither has the fluidity, quickness and speed necessary to be elite. That's not Rumph's fault. If you want elite corners you have recruit and sign guys with elite traits. Rumph's issue was/is recruiting.

i do agree that neither blades or ivey are it. couch is the best corner we have but hes just small right now. hes the only dude who can cover out there

Advertisement
102nd in passing TDs allowed
75th in passing yards allowed per game
46th in QB rating allowed
69th in interceptions per game
115th in opponent 10+ yard passing plays allowed

and currently 0 cornerback recruits committed to the program in the middle of November.
Rumph sucks, but this is on Manny Diaz.

Who suggested the staff doesn't care about footwork/technical prowess?
And Blades is by far our best corner and the best we've had in a pretty long time. He's had one of the lowest opposing QB ratings in the entire country over the past 2 years.

I mean holy **** some people have lost their minds. Blades was just named on the mid-season 1st team all-ACC by ESPN. It's sad that 90% of our players/recruits get trashed, EXCEPT when they decommit/transfer. Then suddenly they're better than most NFL pro-bowlers or something

Burns had better be a 1st round pick and All-American the way he's getting talked up now.
I didn’t say they’re total trash I said they’re tall and can’t locate the ball for sh**. Burns may not have had the physical features of a top first round pick, but Denzel ward was drafted 4th overall for shutting down the slot and short and immediate guys, we need that influx of talent because to me blades and ivy don’t pass the eye test of a #1 lockdown CB. Tecory couch is our best CB and that should tell you something, I couldn’t care less about low QB ratings numbers from the past 2 years especially when our front 7 was ranked top 20 nationally, I care about this season and so far they’ve had their moments, ain’t no true lockdown corner letting a UAB or Pittsburgh receiver go for 117 yards or 147 yards on 8 receptions. I know Ivey has been scored on, not sure on blades. Ivey and Blades are good #2 cbs great #3 cbs. I’m not saying burns comes and takes their spot in his freshman year but we literally cannot afford to lose recruits/talent at that position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who suggested the staff doesn't care about footwork/technical prowess?

And Blades is by far our best corner and the best we've had in a pretty long time. He's had one of the lowest opposing QB ratings in the entire country over the past 2 years.

I mean holy **** some people have lost their minds. Blades was just named on the mid-season 1st team all-ACC by ESPN. It's sad that 90% of our players/recruits get trashed, EXCEPT when they decommit/transfer. Then suddenly they're better than most NFL pro-bowlers or something

Burns had better be a 1st round pick and All-American the way he's getting talked up now.

That's the absolute best part of this thread. The hair on fire crowd has no idea why he's not coming but he is a must keep. Fast forward 12 months and he'll be a poor man's Bandy. I can already see the "midget is a waste of a scholarship" and "Look at how well Player X is doing we should have taken him instead" comments.

Not defending whats happening at CB, Rumph and Manny have totally f-ed it up. But this isn't Patrick Peterson bolting for LSU. And spare me the pipeline protection talk. No kid is going to de-commit cause Burn's scholly was pulled. These kids know what this is all about, stop insulting their intelligence.

Advertisement
Why would his schoolyard get pulled? For what?

Coaches hubris. They think that his spot is better suited for a better prospect. At this stage in the game, getting on some kid late almost always proves fruitless. Big miscalulation from the staff, imo, unless they saw more gametape on Burns that made them think he wasn't a take. Even if it was that, still alarming since they've been on him for so long.

Overall, though, staff is messing up CB recruiting....again.

1605024994051.gif

Advertisement
That's the absolute best part of this thread. The hair on fire crowd has no idea why he's not coming but he is a must keep. Fast forward 12 months and he'll be a poor man's Bandy. I can already see the "midget is a waste of a scholarship" and "Look at how well Player X is doing we should have taken him instead" comments.

Not defending whats happening at CB, Rumph and Manny have totally f-ed it up. But this isn't Patrick Peterson bolting for LSU. And spare me the pipeline protection talk. No kid is going to de-commit cause Burn's scholly was pulled. These kids know what this is all about, stop insulting their intelligence.
In your head the only scenario that exists is the scenario in which this kid flames out in the collegiate level. There’s also the opposing possibility of us missing out on a stud and being left with our **** in our hands, this staff has a track record of this (Asante Samuel jr) which is why we’re also ****ed off that we have 5 cbs on scholarship we’re literally not in the position to lose any recruits.

When our front 4 dont get pressure, their weaknesses are exposed.

In your head the only scenario that exists is the scenario in which this kid flames out in the collegiate level. There’s also the opposing possibility of us missing out on a stud and being left with our **** in our hands, this staff has a track record of this (Asante Samuel jr) which is why we’re also ****ed off that we have 5 cbs on scholarship we’re literally not in the position to lose any recruits.

You mean high quality recruits right?

You mean high quality recruits right?
No I mean recruits period. Rb depth chart and we can afford hardball, D-line depth chart and we can afford to hardball we’re literally not in the position to drop Cb recruits, not for evals, not for space. Nothing

Advertisement
Back