Tim Burns????

Advertisement
There’ll 100 % be a portal cb

I think the key is "what level". Seems like our best bets are "junior" to slot in with (or replace) Blades/Ivey and then a "freshman" who just didn't like his current college. You get a track record with a junior, it can be a bit trickier with a freshman (reasons for leaving).

Rumph is killing me Below is how he recruits, hoping a CB falls from the sky
AFEB8C05-C45C-4D2F-BB56-A83AB9561E12.gif

Advertisement
I think the key is "what level". Seems like our best bets are "junior" to slot in with (or replace) Blades/Ivey and then a "freshman" who just didn't like his current college. You get a track record with a junior, it can be a bit trickier with a freshman (reasons for leaving).
Either one may be forced to sit out for a year. We can't count on the automatic waiver being extended another year. If we banking on portal help for next season, we'll have to make sure we get a graduate transfer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
+
Either one may be forced to sit out for a year. We can't count on the automatic waiver being extended another year. If we banking on portal help for next season, we'll have to make sure we get a graduate transfer.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, it was my understanding that the "one-time transfer rule" would allow immediate eligibility. I'm not sure when the rule would become operative (seems like it could be immediate, but who knows) and whether it would extend retroactively (i.e., would it cover kids who are "already in the portal"). Or is there another loophole, such as "becomes operative for August 2020", and then would some kids wait to transfer/enroll until then.

Overall...just speaking from a practical standpoint...the NCAA is supposed to be all about "academic achievement", and there are already HUGE numbers in the portal. You would THINK that the NCAA might institute the rule, make it "retroactive" back to a certain date, and then encourage everyone to find a new home (possibly outside of the IC rule limitations). The only holdup SEEMS to be whether the NCAA can figure out the impact on the APR calculations.

Advertisement
Manny Diaz needs to be fired... We won't win a Championship with him. If I'm a Corner I don't come play here... We play prevent defense at Corner. That's all Manny. We won't win a Championship with him I've seen enough. Fire him. If Mark Richt wasn't so **** stubborn **** even Al Golden. If he wasn't so **** stubborn on Defense and had a better OC Miami would be closer.... With Manny it won't happen. I've seen enough.

Advertisement
Back