TIFWIW Joe Brady

Advertisement
It seems as though some Brady detractors want it both ways; LSU success was because of talent, but he failed in the NFL and lack of talent is not a mitigating factor.

When he had talent at LSU, he was the architect of arguably the greatest offense of all time.

And for people worried about his lack of experience, he faced NFL defenses for a year and a half.

I think he'll be able to handle whatever the masterminds of the ACC have in store for him.

It seems as though some Brady detractors want it both ways; LSU success was because of talent, but he failed in the NFL and lack of talent is not a mitigating factor.

When he had talent at LSU, he was the architect of arguably the greatest offense of all time.

And for people worried about his lack of experience, he faced NFL defenses for a year and a half.

I think he'll be able to handle whatever the masterminds of the ACC have in store for him.
This^^^^ Fantastic post!

How many times must the facts be laid out before all of his detractors believe.

LSU’s offense was garbage for many years before he arrived. They were always known for their great defense and pedestrian offense, and not for lack of talented players.

LSU squandered class after class of 4 and 5-Star, athletic freaks on offense. They had studs like Fournette, Beckham, Landry, Jefferson, Guise (to name just a few), and OL’s littered with high 4/5-Star players, and still struggled to score consistently.

Then Brady shows up for 1 season and voila, they break NCAA records. Joe Burrow was a pedestrian QB the previous season when we played them. He was average at best, and the receiving core did not put up impressive numbers, even though they had all of the same talented receivers and RB’s.

What changed? Brady was brought in to right the ship and bring it into the modern era of CFB.

The same OC (Emsninger) that had been at LSU for the previous 10 years, including the previous 2 seasons as the OC, when they were a pedestrian and boring offense cannot and should not get the credit. His offense went back to sucking *** when Brady left for the NFL.

Now, I ask you all to use reason and common sense. What/who is the common denominator in all of this? The answer is simple…Joe Brady. He unlocked the cheat code on Joe Burrow when he coached him, and drew up an offense built around his strengths.

He did the same in Carolina for Macaffrey, but the kid has been injured, and missed 23 out of a possible 33 games in the last 2 seasons. Also, the OL and QB’s at Carolina are straight up ***. How many “elite” OC’s do any of you think could score a ton of points with a way over his prime Cam Newton, a backup journeyman, and a second rate OL with no MaCaffrey?

This isn’t rocket science. As former Hurricanes and Dolphins OC Gary Stevens once said, “You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****.”

The chances that Burrow and the rest of the LSU offense all became super players all of a sudden on their own are slim and none, with none leading by a wide margin.

Brady will design an offense to utilize and maximize TVD’s talent and potential, as well as that of the weapons around him.

Bring me this savage!

Last edited:
Joe Burrow was a bum his first year there. I remember we played them in the opener and he was average at best.
JB was only at LSU for one season, their Championship year (2019).

Steve Ensminger, who everyone wants to credit for calling plays was the OC in 2018, when they played UM.

Advertisement
look at darnolds stats and cam's stats pre-covid last year

it wasn't an opinion, it was factual information I provided

why does anyone who thinks we can do better than brady get sh*t? is he the best OC of all time? i don't get your angle
Dude, this is a horrible take.

Cam was horrible with Pats last season. Straight up garbage.

…and before that, he was straight up horrendous in his last couple of seasons at Carolina.

Facts are facts.

Advertisement

Steve Ensminger, who everyone wants to credit for calling plays was the OC in 2018, when they played UM.
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

This is the misinformation that guys are trying to put out to try to discredit Brady, only on CIS.. WTF is going on in here?!

"When the hate dont work, they start telling lies, whoa whoa whoa"

Advertisement
LSU total yards 2018-2020

Steve Esminger as OC
402.1 yog

With Joe Brady as Passing Coordinator:

568.9 ypg

433.9ypg

Esminger only coached 3 years as OC and after 2020 retired and is now an analyst for LSU. It seems that Brady was the mastermind of that Offense.

This^^^^ Fantastic post!

How many times must the facts be laid out before all of his detractors believe.

LSU’s offense was garbage for many years before he arrived. They were always known for their great defense and pedestrian offense, and not for lack of talented players.

LSU squandered class after class of 4 and 5-Star, athletic freaks on offense. They had studs like Fournette, Beckham, Landry, Jefferson, Guise (to name just a few), and OL’s littered with high 4/5-Star players, and still struggled to score consistently.

Then Brady shows up for 1 season and voila, they break NCAA records. Joe Burrow was a pedestrian QB the previous season when we played them. He was average at best, and the receiving core did not put up impressive numbers, even though they had all of the same talented receivers and RB’s.

What changed? Brady was brought in to right the ship and bring it into the modern era of CFB.

The same OC (Emsninger) that had been at LSU for the previous 10 years, including the previous 2 seasons as the OC, when they were a pedestrian and boring offense cannot and should not get the credit. His offense went back to sucking *** when Brady left for the NFL.

Now, I ask you all to use reason and common sense. What/who is the common denominator in all of this? The answer is simple…Joe Brady. He unlocked the cheat code on Joe Burrow when he coached him, and drew up an offense built around his strengths.

He did the same in Carolina for Macaffrey, but the kid has been injured, and missed 23 out of a possible 33 games in the last 2 seasons. Also, the OL and QB’s at Carolina are straight up ***. How many “elite” OC’s do any of you think could score a ton of points with a way over his prime Cam Newton, a backup journeyman, and a second rate OL with no MaCaffrey?

This isn’t rocket science. As former Hurricanes and Dolphins OC Gary Stevens once said, “You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****.”

The chances that Burrow and the rest of the LSU offense all became super players all of a sudden on their own are slim and none, with none leading by a wide margin.

Brady will design an offense to utilize and maximize TVD’s talent and potential, as well as that of the weapons around him.

Bring me this savage!
Brady made Jefferson. He was a 2 star recruit.

Advertisement
Brady made Jefferson. He was a 2 star recruit.
And I believe Jamarr Chase was a 3* and Randy Moss son (the TE who’s name escapes me was a 3-4*. Terrence Marshall was the 5* can’t miss guy. Brady’s offense made Jefferson and Chase 1st round picks.

What a time to be a Cane fan when there are legit people arguing about whether Joe freakin Brady is good enough to be our OC! Lol!!! Gonna be a helluva month around here!

And I believe Jamarr Chase was a 3* and Randy Moss son (the TE who’s name escapes me was a 3-4*. Terrence Marshall was the 5* can’t miss guy. Brady’s offense made Jefferson and Chase 1st round picks.

What a time to be a Cane fan when there are legit people arguing about whether Joe freakin Brady is good enough to be our OC! Lol!!! Gonna be a helluva month around here!
Chase was definitely a 4* but everyone in that offense was eating. Didn’t matter who you were.

If Brady comes, it’s going to be nice to FINALLY see some shallow crossing routes and us attack the middle of the field.

I like the Brady/Coley combination; both local and complimentary experience/skill-set. Brady has had success in spread offenses, and Coley has been around a lot of offenses in college at UGA and with Jimbo. The key would be communication, sharing responsibilities and how well they’d work together.

Advertisement
Back