TIFWIW Joe Brady

Advertisement

"There is a fresh face in the NFL’s head coaching mix.

Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady has received interview requests from the Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans and Los Angeles Chargers for their vacant positions, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday."

Eagles as well

And Jets

Uh... Romney Rule duh... No wait.

I think he’s solid; he’s from Sean Payton’s tree. Again, I saw what he did w/ Joe Burrow. Steve Ensminger was the OC from 2018 - 2020 before being moved to Quality Analyst this season.

This was LSU’s O in 2018 pre Brady:
-3rd Down % - 57th
-1st Down O - 33rd
-Completion % - 85th
-Passing - 66th
-RZ Offense - 27th
-Rushing O - 59th
-Scoring O - 37th
-Total O - 68th

Burrow Stats:
2,894 yrds on 58% passing 16 TDs 5 Ints

2019 w/ Brady as passing game coordinator/WR coach:
-3rd Down % - 4th
-1st Down O - 1st
-Completion % - 1st
-Passing - 2nd
-RZ O - 2nd
-Rushing O - 60th
-Scoring O - 1st
-Total O - 1st

Burrow Stats:
5,671 yrds on 76% passing 60 TDs 6 ints

2020 post Brady:
-3rd Down % - 102nd
-1st Down O - 29th
-Completion % - 82nd
-Passing - 15th
-RZ O - 66th
-Rushing O - 109th
-Scoring O - 39th
-Total O - 35th

QBs (Finley, Johnson, Brennan) combined stats:
3,122 yrds on 59% passing 24 TDs 9 ints

Coincidence?

Panthers fans hate him, but who they should hate is CMac who can’t stay healthy, and having chit for QB play in his 1 1/2 tenure as OC.

I think he does very well for us here, and his concepts at the collegiate level w/ TVD will re-write some records.
I’m glad you took the time to do this because I wasn’t. I just left the thread shaking my head lol.

my simple point is

1) joe brady CAN be great
2) joe brady has YET to be great as an OC
3) spending this kind of $$usually doesn't result in hiring someone that CAN be great, usually results in hiring someone that IS great
4) there are also other options. if it's brady? great! but the same ppl saying 'brady are bust' are the same saying 'jurich or bust' and didn't know much about either before their names showed up on this board
Dude.. the horse is dead already.

Advertisement
the panthers got worse in several important offensive categories with him as a playcaller in 2020 (with tedy bridgewater) from 2019 (with a hurt cam newton and kyle allen starting at qb)

Joe brady was not ready to be an OC in the NFL (much less interviewing for HC positions after the season)

but his offense was atrocious at carolina and they got worse in almost every major statistical category (even when CMC was healthy) and don't blame the qbs because cam with a torn shoulder was there in 2019 year the before along with kyle allen at qb and the WR's are better now

does his only experience at OC not matter at all? maybe he can be successful here but he had the 28th ranked offense in the nfl, had poor situational game planning, was publicly criticized for not even practicing 2 minute drills and redzone offense.. lol what?, and his offense at carolina was figured out VERY EARLY by opposing teams and called "vanilla" by opposing coaches and analysts

I think he can be successful here but don't sit there and pretend like you know a bunch of sh*t because you read the fangirls talk about 2019 lsu.

go to the LSU or carolina boards and this same discussion is being had over there (carolina fans are THRILLED btw), he was promoted too quickly and his impact was overstated.. He can be good here but he'll need to change his scheme up from what it was at carolina dramatically and he'll have to learn to recruit but we ain't paying $$$$ for a fired OC who doesn't like to/know how to recruit

Lol; Matt Rhule AND Brady came together, correct? Isn’t Rhule supposed to be an offensive mind, as well?

People talk **** about Brady because they don’t really know much about him. I don’t vote but this reminds me of how some people talk **** about Ron Desantis but all they know is he’s a Governor. They don’t know this cat (RD) graduated from Harvard and Yale and prosecuted MFs at GITMO.

You gotta open the cover and read the book sometimes; everything can’t be a microwave YouTube education.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I literally posted these same stats the day Brady was fired...and we still have some on here doubting....
its beyond ridiculous already...

Like I posted before...we could have Bill walsh here from 84 and cats on here would still say he isn't good enough...Smh
And Bill Walsh couldn’t make the Carolina Panthers good right now…

Advertisement
I told this story before but I’ll tell it again. Good friend of mine is linked in LSU, same dude that told the history of Frank Wilson who is his boy. What they don’t tell you about Brady is that he is a spread guru/genius who has worked as a spread concept consultant behind the scenes for the Big12 & NFL for some years.

When he got to LSU, he told the WRs that they would not play unless they had 10,000 recorded catches before the season. Them boys was catching footballs everywhere everyday until Fall camp and they all had 10k catches in the books. You can see a clear difference in the WRs between 18 &19. It’s not just about football concepts, it’s about working until you psychologically get to an outlier level.

Plus Deep tweeted this **** 2 days ago - we splackin.
Thats the guy i want. The kids that been at Miami the last 15-20 years have felt that the schedule practices are enough to make them better. The work is done without the coaches around. Thats where u get your mind and body ready to be coached.

Advertisement
Back