TIFWIW Joe Brady

Strong post. But don’t underestimate the synergy between Brady and Burrow. I’d say Burrow’s talent & ability to execute the offense was also key. Not a Brady detector by any stretch, but great coaches put players in position to succeed and maximize talent.
Hence why I said that Brady unlocked the cheat code on Burrow. All great coaches find ways to maximize their players talents, as opposed to bad coaches which often try to fit square pegs into round holes.

I believe that this is why Burrow gives Brady so much credit for his success. He tailored LSU’s offense to fit and highlight Burrow’s strengths, as well as those of his many weapons.

This is also why Burrow is succeeding in Cincy. They have been smart in tailoring the offense to his strengths, similar to what Brady did. NFL teams have learned the hard way to not try to force great talents to change too much. Similar to what Arizona has done with Kyler Murray. The offense is designed to let him do what he does, and the results so far speak for themselves.

In the old NFL, Murray and Burrow are likely to have been busts, since they both would have most probably been forced to play in a traditional way, and suffered because of it.

Similar to Lashlee sitting down with TVD after a couple of losses this season and asking him what plays he would prefer to run, and what his preferred throws were. After that happened, TVD took off and flourished.

I believe that Brady will do the same with TVD, if hired. He is a very intelligent young coach known for his ability to adapt his offense to fit the strengths of his players.

Carolina this year was just a mess, specially after McCaffrey got injured again. With the lack of QB talent and OL cohesion, they were destined to fail under any OC.

I believe that their loss might end up being our enormous gain, if the rumors are accurate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm so proud of the University leadership for finally showing a true commitment to the bring The U to excellence. As a season ticket holder every year I'm asking myself why would I renew again and ultimately I do because my family and I love the U. Plain and simple! But now the excitement is unreal.

Lets go now and complete the TRIFECTA! what a great time to be a Miami hurricane!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
saturday night live snowflakes GIF by HULU

My only question to everyone is who would you rather hire? The ghost of Bill Walsh? Pry Josh McDaniels away from the Pats?

Bill O Brien?

Briles?

Lets bring Chudsinski back.

Oh Oh Oh. I got a good one.

Larry Coker

Would love to see an update on this and where the OC hunt/negotiations process stands. I feel like I used all of my patience last weekend with Mario’s hire. Want to be able to focus on other things.

Advertisement
It is unclear to me exactly who deserves the most credit in the coordinating role, but I recall watching some of the 2019 LSU games and thinking it was a thing of beauty how the personnel/spacing/route combinations worked to get guys open or in 1 on 1. They had some great players no doubt, but it was made to look effortless by the scheme many times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back