Tidbits on Manny Diaz perception

I feel like out of all the huge programs in the country Miami should be the easiest to play the bag game. Miami is the definition of money.

You would think but we have a lot of turncoats, handlers and people who have no loyalty to Miami lurking about that would turn us in at a moment's notice if they didn't get their cut

Places like Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Athens, Clemson, Knoxville there's more loyalty there.

Advertisement
"One parent of a national recruit, who's son holds over 25 offers and has visited schools around the country, said this past weekend at The Opening Miami that they believe Diaz is the next Kirby Smart. They followed that up by stating that they view Diaz as someone that's all business and set on turning things around quickly much like how Smart did at Georgia a couple years back."

"Another parent of a local recruit said that Diaz and the Hurricanes are making it very hard for their son to say 'no' to Miami. They added they didn't feel that type of pressure to stay home when Mark Richt was in charge."

Per TOS
Do people still think this is a lazy hire? Fact is if Manny can keep the momentum ans bring it on the field hes going to be great not just aa a coach but a personality because once again Kirby will be public ememy #1 at Georgia if they have a disappointing season

Advertisement
This goes in line with someone I spoke to at Belen about Chaney Jr.

They told me that Smart and Georgia were gaining a ton of ground on Chaney but the hiring of Diaz flipped the momentum back to Miami and basically saved them with Chaney to the point he felt good enough to finally commit.
Kind of off topic but who’s Georgia gonna turn to for a running back now that Chaney is out? Bowman, Knighton? Or will they go elsewhere? Just wondering cause two years in a row they’ve signed a soflo rb

Advertisement
Advertisement
All the porsters who think we have had zero issues with recruiting must be perplexed by this comment. I mean ‘what else could Richt do?’ and ‘he was never coming here’ were common refrains under Richt.

It’s literally one recruit saying this off record though. It’s one recruit’s perception. Maybe the last staff just didn’t have him as high on the board.

Idunno, I just think everyone is going to be quick to inject anonymous quotes into their veins that are positive because every coaching change brings optimism.

Unless they gave a tangible reason why in the quote. Diaz definitely has the momentum though.

Perception is great, but it does nothing if doesn't align with reality. Manny needs to win to continue this "perception" of he's legit. Win on the field and now we'll be cooking with gas.

That's the thing. Our last 3 HCs were met with compliments and visions of greatness. You have to show it on the field or people start to think you're all show.

I feel like out of all the huge programs in the country Miami should be the easiest to play the bag game. Miami is the definition of money.

No, Miami is a handful of flashy guys who like to be seen spending money. Miami guys would want everyone in the country to know that their bags paid for this or that kid who helped us win. bama/UGA/osu have legions of true believers who are content to work in the background and want to win more than they want to be seen.

Advertisement
Kind of off topic but who’s Georgia gonna turn to for a running back now that Chaney is out? Bowman, Knighton? Or will they go elsewhere? Just wondering cause two years in a row they’ve signed a soflo rb
also two years in a row they snagged the top or 2nd top db from down here- in campbell and stevenson.. that **** ain;'t happeneing with francpis or tennison (who are the top two this year imo)

also two years in a row they snagged the top or 2nd top db from down here- in campbell and stevenson.. that **** ain;'t happeneing with francpis or tennison (who are the top two this year imo)

francois will be a 2 star before the end of the cycle based on the rankings. so dumb.

One of the things that impressed me about Coach Diaz that he maintained his composure and respect for MR while his D was going back on the field every couple minutes excluding TV timeouts.

Pretty frustrating.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back