Tidbits on Manny Diaz perception

Advertisement
I don't know how we're going to do on the field yet but as a head figure I'll take Diaz over Smart any day. I like Smart but I think Diaz has a better personality and more vision...at least for Miami.

Both are perfect fits for respective programs. Manny definitely has a vision and can sell, if he can coach we're in business.

"Another parent of a local recruit said that Diaz and the Hurricanes are making it very hard for their son to say 'no' to Miami. They added they didn't feel that type of pressure to stay home when Mark Richt was in charge."
All the porsters who think we have had zero issues with recruiting must be perplexed by this comment. I mean ‘what else could Richt do?’ and ‘he was never coming here’ were common refrains under Richt.

Advertisement

Advertisement
From Ivins

"One parent of a national recruit, who's son holds over 25 offers and has visited schools around the country, said this past weekend at The Opening Miami that they believe Diaz is the next Kirby Smart. They followed that up by stating that they view Diaz as someone that's all business and set on turning things around quickly much like how Smart did at Georgia a couple years back."

"Another parent of a local recruit said that Diaz and the Hurricanes are making it very hard for their son to say 'no' to Miami. They added they didn't feel that type of pressure to stay home when Mark Richt was in charge."

This parent used to post on this board too.

Lol idk why I read these threads. Cant make it through 1 page without multiple ppl saying "he's gotta win" or "just win". Well no **** Sherlock.

Hope y'all get tired of posting that obvious **** in every positive thread for the next 7 months.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This goes in line with someone I spoke to at Belen about Chaney Jr.

They told me that Smart and Georgia were gaining a ton of ground on Chaney but the hiring of Diaz flipped the momentum back to Miami and basically saved them with Chaney to the point he felt good enough to finally commit.

Advertisement
Back