Ticket prices vs A&M

Advertisement
We really out here begging folks to come to the game?? Pathetic

Hungry Food GIF
Everybody gonna be in the game thread or titanic.. lol

Stadium wasnt empty
It wasn’t full either…

Given the circumstances (quality of the opponent, coming off a pathetic season, fickle South Florida sports fans, location of stadium, thunder storms, etc.), the attendance did not surprise me. But, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t disappointed. It was a mediocre, uninspired crowd.

We need to amp up the energy Saturday afternoon. This game may very well define our season. Win and we likely go 5-0 headed to a UNC revenge game. Lose and we might not get to 8 wins this year, which is desperately needed.

Advertisement
If you were going to go the game and are now not going to the game because you can’t afford it, then please post so we can help find a way to get you tickets.

Not even saying that as a shot against you or trying to out you. Seriously just believe there’s definitely a way to find you tickets at an affordable price.

Mine went up. (In addition, the parking became more expensive too since you had to pop some extra cash to reserve your spot.)

What do you mean you didn't say it was surprising? You said "They are down. It’s pretty obvious, if not surprising." I am not sure why you would conclude that you are surprised that ticket sales are down?

I don’t want to get into an English discussion here because it’s not really that important, but that phrase “if not surprising” minimizes the surprise aspect of it.

In other words, season ticket sales are down and it’s not surprising. But this is about the most boring conversation we could be having.

How much did your tickets go up? I honestly don’t think mine went up, but I also have to be honest and say I don’t pay that much attention to the price, it’s just automatically charged to my credit card. It’s not like I’m gonna give up my tickets.

Zero chance there were 50-55K at the Miami Ohio game. Much closer to 40K than 50K (not talking paid attendance, but actual attendance).

This game will between 50-55K in attendance. Wish it was more…sadly.

Unless there’s a rush of ticket buying in the next couple days, which seems like a Hail Mary right now. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Nobody gonna mention that this BOGO is just a win-win?.. not a selling issue, not a pricing issue.. this just helps to ensure TAMU sells out on national television, and encourages attendance to the GT game which will be harder to sell.

This is a smart, smart move imo.

Advertisement
I have season tickets and average cost per ticket per game is $130 In section 119. Those tickets for ATM are $310. For Bethune they are $45. I go to all the games and would bet I would spend less if I bought all the games individually, especially on the secondary market. I just consider the extra cost “donation.”

As a spectator, I’d rather them sell the individual game tickets for less and sell more (Even if my season ticket price is the same). Part of what I‘m paying for is an experience. They may gross less revenue than pricing higher and not selling out, depending on the price points, but they’ll still make money and have a better product. That will lead to better future sales, better experience for the players, better on field performance, and easier time recruiting. Then they can titrate up the prices from there.

was hyperbole, but noticeably scarce crowd for those of us watching on tv
I have to disagree with you. I was actually impressed with the crowd to be honest. Sure the upper deck was not overly full, but it gets ugly on TV when the lower level is sparse, which I didn't think was the case at all.

Advertisement
I want them to maximize revenue but it would also be nice to have a decent amount of affordable seats for families that may not be able to attend with the higher price points. Maybe kids under a certain age can get a free seat with a paying adult or special endzone family packages etc. Thats our next generation of Hurricane fans, students and maybe even athletes. It not only gives the team more support and sets up a better game day atmosphere, it also makes good long term business sense. Particularly when those seats may be going unused anyway.

Advertisement
Still have a solid 3 days before they start lowering prices. Everyone sees the cost and if it’s goes down 10-15% it’s a win win. No reason to lower now for people to continue to hold out for even lower.

It's amazing how utterly cheap our fanbase is. The University of Miami has had some of the cheapest tickets for major college football over the last 30 years and it's not particularly close. For years, Miami was one of the last major programs that didn't require a donation for seats, for years Miami has kept price increases relatively small, considering some of the home schedules that have been out there. Yet, for whatever reason, our fans always whine about the pricing. Then again, it makes sense. Once upon a time, the school gave free tickets for merely buying a Whopper, so that mentality never truly went away. The reason I have kept my season tickets, despite living in Arizona, is because it locks in my seats and I don't have to worry about the secondary market when I come back for a game. Can I make every game? Of course not, in fact, I prefer to hit road games, so I can experience different schools, but those seats never go to waste.

If you want a world class program, time to start supporting like world class fans. I still can't believe we sell so few women's basketball season tickets, that if you buy a men's season ticket, they give you the entire women's season FOR FREE and people still won't show up to some games. Let that settle in. FREE tickets and people won't show up. You can't make this stuff up.

I want them to maximize revenue but it would also be nice to have a decent amount of affordable seats for families that may not be able to attend with the higher price points. Maybe kids under a certain age can get a free seat with a paying adult or special endzone family packages etc. Thats our next generation of Hurricane fans, students and maybe even athletes. It not only gives the team more support and sets up a better game day atmosphere, it also makes good long term business sense. Particularly when those seats may be going unused anyway.
How about everyone gets in free and the school just subsidizes the program from the endowment. Why not, seeing that we just want things to happen without any logic or basic understanding of math... Amazing how people want something for nothing, and then have the guts to whine when people like Randy Shannon get hired.

Season tickets are affordable, and they give you months to come up with the money. You don't even have to pay in full up front, I just don't get why fans expect the school to just give everything away.

Advertisement
Back