Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

View as article
You really mad ever single one of the dbs we signed last year outside of bethel has a higher potential than Tracy Howard? Lol, truth hurts
he also missed on so many other prospects and now we are low on depth, and he was only able to bring in Couch, who sorry to break it to u is not ready to play this year. Now we have 5 CBs and what happens if 1gets hurt. but continue to be in denial.

Advertisement
You really mad ever single one of the dbs we signed last year outside of bethel has a higher potential than Tracy Howard? Lol, truth hurts
and how can u say that when you know the development and defensive scheme was ****** back then. Again being hypocritical, we use the development argument for rumph, but not for the kids like tracy howard, artie, carter, elder, and so on.

Advertisement
Oh **** now we’re fighting about who has higher salaries. There’s a guy on this board who DONATES 50k a year to UM and is convincedMajor Applewhite is still coming if you’ll just listen to him.

fsu went 5-7, no bowl game and outrecruiting the **** out of us. if we hadn't hit on a couple in the "port hole" I would swear Richt was still here. and they gonna clog up that port hole when they see Miami sucking the life out of it. Bogle trending to Ufag, AA GT OL on a visit this weekend to Ufag. Mullen liftin' up Manny's girlfriend's skirt right now.

GT OL is suppose to be visiting Miami as well and Stefen is only person saying Bogle is trending to Florida. After the OC debacle I would take anything Stephen or his sources say with a grain of salt.

ARGH! We just got a recruiting update and some kid no one heard of a week ago that people said was coming here now maybe isn't. Argh! Fire everyone!

Advertisement
Don't just blame the coaches on Emerson if he doesn't choose UM. At the end of the day it is the kid's decision. He may not want to compete here at UM. He may see himself as a career long backup at UM and could be an early starter at Miss State. We don't know.

I will criticize the staff for not identifying the kids that really want to be here. Maybe the ones that do are not at the level of player they are looking for, but there were guys that were interested early and they turned to them way too late in the process. Putting all your eggs in one basket on kids being recruited by Bama, Georgia, Clemson, etc makes no sense. You compete to get those players, but the staff needs to be realistic in that these top kids want to play for a CFP contender. The coaching staff is recruiting like the program has been a contender and it has not. When the team is competing for ACC and CFP titles on a regular basis, then the top recruits will sign with Miami.

The coaches can buy themselves some cred with a good showing in 2019. On paper, the schedule is easy with several programs such as Louisville, GT, and VT going thru a down cycle. 11-1 would be considered a really good year. TNM needs to start off on the right foot with a win over the Gators. That would pump rocket fuel into the program for the rest of the season.

Because he sucks at recruiting.

I don't play favorites, if a coach sucks at his job he needs to be replaced, simple as that.

I like both Rumph & Banda, but if they can't recruit we need to bring in someone who can, it's nothing personal it's just business. We can't keep missing on DB's & making lame excuses for it.

DB/WR/RB are recruiter positions, there's NO reason why MIAMI should ever struggle landing those positions, they literally grow on trees in the Tri-county area. It ain't like we're Boise St or Kansas or some sh*t, DB recruiting at The U should be a layup with any competent Coach.
Yeah Its pretty simple, if we are going to have TWO DB coaches, one of them better be ******* great at developing the players and teaching the position, and the other better be great at recruiting. I mean Ideally both would be great at both, but at minimum, one has to be great at at least one of the aspects.

And right now its obvious to everyone that Rumph is here for the development of the DBs, and Banda is here for the recruiting. And the fact is the Recruiting has been worse than the development, without a doubt.

So If someone wants Rumph gone for his bad recruiting, then they MUST also want Banda gone. It just makes no sense why you have two guys here, one of which is tasked mainly with development, and the other is hyped as a recruiting beast, but then when recruiting isn't going well, you fire the Developer, instead of the overhyped recruiter.

Then explain how FSU has a better class please.
Because FSU has a better brand than us Right now......We have been down a long time ....They haven't...The kids were all about them ....Think of all the MIAMI talent that went there in the past ten years.....AND AT THAT TIME WE STUNK UNFORTUNATELY...That perception doesn't change overnight or after one decent year when we were 10-0 and then lost the last 3 games....and then last year when we ****ed down our legs told them that we are still not ready.....Remember that Jimbo put in a lot of work at FSU...and built that brand up and we were down...They beat us 6 straight times ...I say it again....WHEN WE WIN CONSISTENTLY THE RECRUITS WILL STAY HOME AND MAKE THE "U" THE BEST BRAND IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Lots of feelings. Coaches feeling good. Coaches feeling bad. Posters all emotional.

Nothing has really changed. Signing day was going to be weak vs other years. You knew this.

Why today after a virtual non update are you 14+ pages of upset?

Relax friends. Watch the Portal. Spring practice is but a short time away.

Advertisement
Because he sucks at recruiting.

I don't play favorites, if a coach sucks at his job he needs to be replaced, simple as that.

I like both Rumph & Banda, but if they can't recruit we need to bring in someone who can, it's nothing personal it's just business. We can't keep missing on DB's & making lame excuses for it.

DB/WR/RB are recruiter positions, there's NO reason why MIAMI should ever struggle landing those positions, they literally grow on trees in the Tri-county area. It ain't like we're Boise St or Kansas or some sh*t, DB recruiting at The U should be a layup with any competent Coach.
Facts

People mistake liking a guy and wanting to keep him cause we like him. I like Banda and Rumph as people but them nit getting fired was a red flag for me for Coach Diaz. They should have automatically been gone based on recruiting but boys will be boys. Same problem we had with the last staphs.

I give credit him firing his other friends but he had to let these guys go banda patke and Rumph.....banda had more recruiting clout then the other two so asking for his firing might as well be Rumph and Patke too.

Oh **** now we’re fighting about who has higher salaries. There’s a guy on this board who DONATES 50k a year to UM and is convincedMajor Applewhite is still coming if you’ll just listen to him.

Uh, Major Applewhite just hired as an "analyst" for Alabama. He ain't coming here.

Advertisement
Back