Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

View as article
Why are we talking about replacing Banda? What the **** lol, you are one of the best posters on here. People gravitate to your thoughts and repeat them. Don’t do that man...
Hes telling it like it is, hes allowed to change his stance on a guy on the staff. Just because we liked them at one time doesnt mean we have to like them if they arent doing there jobs

Advertisement
Why are we talking about replacing Banda? What the **** lol, you are one of the best posters on here. People gravitate to your thoughts and repeat them. Don’t do that man...
Because he sucks at recruiting.

I don't play favorites, if a coach sucks at his job he needs to be replaced, simple as that.

I like both Rumph & Banda, but if they can't recruit we need to bring in someone who can, it's nothing personal it's just business. We can't keep missing on DB's & making lame excuses for it.

DB/WR/RB are recruiter positions, there's NO reason why MIAMI should ever struggle landing those positions, they literally grow on trees in the Tri-county area. It ain't like we're Boise St or Kansas or some sh*t, DB recruiting at The U should be a layup with any competent Coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because he sucks at recruiting.

I don't play favorites, if a coach sucks at his job he needs to be replaced, simple as that.

I like both Rumph & Banda, but if they can't recruit we need to bring in someone who can, it's nothing personal it's just business. We can't keep missing on DB's & making lame excuses for it.

DB/WR/RB are recruiter positions, there's NO reason why MIAMI should ever struggle landing those positions, they literally grow on trees in the Tri-county area. It ain't like were Boise St or Kansas or some sh*t, DB recruiting at The U should be a layup with any competent Coach.

Blades, Ivey, Hall, Frierson, Couch, Smith, Bolden.

Seven 4-star DB’s last two cycles.

Let’s stop acting like this is a severe drought because they missed on some players. Unless you fire these guys and get into the bidding for the highest paid DB coach in the country right now, you might want to stop expecting perfection.

Blades, Ivey, Hall, Frierson, Couch, Smith, Bolden.

Seven 4-star DB’s last two cycles.

Let’s stop acting like this is a severe drought because they missed on some players. Unless you fire these guys and get into the bidding for the highest paid DB coach in the country right now, you might want to stop expecting perfection.
Ur in denial it's ridiculous. We are ******* Miami getting seven 4-star DB's is a ******* walk in the park here. When the last time we got an Elite DB, besides Bolden, who is transfer and probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Brevin. I'm not saying we should get every top DB in SFL every year, but we should be able to atleast get one, but we have not. Couch, a great prospect,but won't play next season, slow played kids like dixon and so on. That being said we have 5 CBs, not including couch, when you need at least 7-8CBs we have 5 safeties, probably 4 bc unless Knowles makes a huge leap he will be sorry, and we need at least 6S, but you say Rumph and Banda are doing just fine. Where's the roster managment, what happens if someone gets hurt; face it we do not have enough depth and it is purely do to missing on recruits regardless of there low 4 stars like dixon or elite prospects like stevenson.

Advertisement
At the end of the day this is who we are working with, you know my stance on the whole Banda/ rumph recruiting dilemma. I been Saying Banda wasn’t no better than rumph in recruiting yet people tried to go against that notion

They both suck at recruiting. If JHH ends up here, Simpson did pretty well his first cycle.

theres just no doubt about it, when Miami is in good position, things happen swiftly, the drawn out ones never happen, hence why im starting to doubt phillips and Hill,

Ur in denial it's ridiculous. We are ******* Miami getting seven 4-star DB's is a ******* walk in the park here. When the last time we got an Elite DB, besides Bolden, who is transfer and probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Brevin. I'm not saying we should get every top DB in SFL every year, but we should be able to atleast get one, but we have not. Couch, a great prospect,but won't play next season, slow played kids like dixon and so on. That being said we have 5 CBs, not including couch, when you need at least 7-8CBs we have 5 safeties, probably 4 bc unless Knowles makes a huge leap he will be sorry, and we need at least 6S, but you say Rumph and Banda are doing just fine. Where's the roster managment, what happens if someone gets hurt; face it we do not have enough depth and it is purely do to missing on recruits regardless of there low 4 stars like dixon or elite prospects like stevenson.
If it was such a cakewalk why didnt we do it in the previous decade?

Last edited:
Advertisement
lol at this whole thread. If you havent seen how wrong Stefan has been, that's on you.

Literally NOBODY is predicting Bogle to UF. We might not get him, but neither will UF.

And per Miss St writers, we'll get Washington

Can't argue with this. It's evident in the results. How is it that some guys like Dugans and Hartley were getting drastically better results than others on the staff?
Well there are always some guys who will be better than others. Richt really ignored D recruiting for the most part. Not sure he managed O recruiting either but he put his best recrruiters there. He had co-OC Brown, Donk aduggans and Hartley recruiting O. His son and Searels, sigh.

That's every single team ****head! I hate football people like you always talking about injuries. Then don't watch football go watch golf
WTF are you smoking? Not every single team has zero TEs on the roster. Name one. For the record...I hate golf and go to every home game and then some. Sit down Jr.

Advertisement
If it was such a cakewalk why didkt we do it in the previous decade?
Golden brought in the No.1 CB in the country along with the No.6 S in the same year. Followed it up with Artie Burns, Jamal Carter and Rayshawn the next year. Pretty solid.

Shannon in ‘08 brought in four 4* DBs, including the No.3 overall CB in the country (Harris).

Coker brought in some good and highly rated DBs also.

And Richt got some guys in ‘18.

None of these guys sustained their position recruiting well over multiple cycles. And of course they weren’t successful as coaches at UM.

Advertisement
Back