Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

View as article
Advertisement
@Stefan Adams Are they waiting until after NSD to get involved with Parker Braun?
Good question. Parker Braun is the 1-year rental I hate to see get away from the U, especially since his younger bro, Josh, is a 2020 4* OT that the U wants. Right now, seems UF is likely favored to get both of them. Last I heard is that the U is interested, but hasn't made Parker an offer or invited him for a trip. WTF? Brauns visiting UF this weekend. UF badly needs OL to replace the outgoing. UF getting a frigging 2-time all-ACC OG, which will surely influence his younger bro, just irks me, especially if the U only made a half-hearted attempt to get them.

Why in the **** is the U having issues recruiting defensive backs? Makes absolutely no sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
We had people on here saying consistently Stevenson was bought by UGA in the spring. Now we got people acting like they brand new because he decided it would be more fun to hang out with his friends on campus instead of staying at home. Just so it fits whatever story helps them blame who they want to blame.

Yall are so quick to rip Banda. How easy it is to forget that he lost Stevenson to the bag man and just brought in Bubba Bolden who will be a day 1 impact player and starter on defense.

This is our depth chart at DB next year, with stars in parentheses:

CB: Bandy (4), Ivey (4), Blades (4), Frierson (4), Couch (4), Bethel (3)
S: Hall (4), Bolden (4), Carter (3), K. Smith (4)

I expect some growing pains because of inexperience. But I also expect quick improvement and quality production since we've seen that for three years with this staff. Combine that with the talent, and we should end up with an excellent DB group.

If these guys don't develop, or don't have what it takes, Rumph and Banda will deserve the criticism. But their track record to this point is player development and four-star recruits. As a result, DB is the least of my concerns.
Exactly it’s plenty of talent at db. It’s not like the position ever been devoid of talent for much of the last decade as we have a lot of dbs get drafted or make nfl rosters but these guy we have now are on another level in terms of talent than those dbs who were good imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bolden was more Brevin. If Brevin wasn't here, Bubba wasn't coming here. Bandy and Hall are proven elite players. Now, can you compile a list of guys that Rumph and Banda have missed out on?
At the end of the day this is who we are working with, you know my stance on the whole Banda/ rumph recruiting dilemma. I been Saying Banda wasn’t no better than rumph in recruiting yet people tried to go against that notion

Advertisement
This is our depth chart at DB next year, with stars in parentheses:

CB: Bandy (4), Ivey (4), Blades (4), Frierson (4), Couch (4), Bethel (3)
S: Hall (4), Bolden (4), Carter (3), K. Smith (4)

I expect some growing pains because of inexperience. But I also expect quick improvement and quality production since we've seen that for three years with this staff. Combine that with the talent, and we should end up with an excellent DB group.

If these guys don't develop, or don't have what it takes, Rumph and Banda will deserve the criticism. But their track record to this point is player development and four-star recruits. As a result, DB is the least of my concerns.

How is it that we only have 10 DB's on the roster? Seems like we are very thin here.

Advertisement
Back