Three position switches I'd like to see

Probably not. But I know for sure he can’t play WR.

Let him at least try to play a position where he has the physical traits. Sam Shields didn’t play tough at WR, either.
I feel like he's a kid that has added very little muscle since he's been here. Not sure if it's genetics or poor work ethic but dude is still scrawny.

Advertisement
He played middle linebacker last year in high school so it's NOT really a position switch. *****ing without having a clue what you're talking about.....only at CIS.
And he's 6'0'', not many DE's playing at that height.

Advertisement
Three Position Switches Is Like to See:
It’s not just stirring up shît. It’s stirring up the right shît.

@Go Canes!! from Slurper to Mope. While shameless in his role as a Slurper, his relentlessness in defending even the most blatantly indefensible combined with a chipiness not seen since bAndrew unbanned a group of posters and then quipped “except for Cane Oil because he just sucks”, will breathe new life into the Mope movement which has been decimated with the loss of some of its most hateful members. His 15-0 troll, in a flipped role, would be annoying as **** to the upper echelons of Slurper society, forcing accountability on staff so that genuine improvement continues.

@Dwinstitles from Mope to Slurper. Loved by some and reviled by others for simply telling the truth as he sees it, a move to Slurper would signify the success in recruiting is paying off on the field. This would also help grow the Dwins Video Network so that it could do for Manny & Miami what Finebaum has done for Saban & Alabama. The significance would mean we back or legit on our way.

@brock from Well Done to Medium Well Steaks & No Ketchup. I get that ordering steak medium well is still a criminal assault against the chef and butcher but we need to go with baby steps here and consider the unsophisticated palate of the poster we’re talking about. Shoe leather addiction is a rough culinary battle to overcome, often spawned by a mental barrier associating shades of red with The Thought of Dead Cow syndrome. Any amount of color in this man’s meat, plus the loss of Ketchup as an accomplice to the assault, would signify a receptiveness to change his diet from that of a 10 year old’s to one of a functioning 20 something adult. It would remind us that when it comes to the future for the Canes, all good things are still possible.

15-0

Is Harrell any slower than Dunson? I know that was a thing during his recruitment on here. I've only seen one place to have a time on Harrell and it was 4.58 which if accurate is much faster than Dunson.

Advertisement
Man this is crazy. I know Pope had a lot of drops but I'm not giving up on. Watch him transfer and some team use him in the slot. He'll ball out.
If he does good for him. He can be like a Cager success story, I'm not holding out any hope for him here though.

well bye GIF
Pope would transfer before switching.

Advertisement
If Pope is 6 foot then I'm Yao Ming.

I'm not saying it's wrong - but this fascinates me.

Pope is listed at 6-1 on the roster. He measured at 6 foot in each event he was at in high school.

But I see over and over people insisting he's nowhere near 6 foot.

It's not just getting kids on the bus. It's getting them on the right seats of the bus. Here are some moves I'd like to see in spring:

Jalen Harrell to Striker- It's a waste of time to try him at corner. He's not fast enough. Move him to striker and allow him to gain weight. His frame can carry 210+. Best case, you have a tough big guy with man-coverage skills.

Keontra Smith to LB- We need our fastest and most physical players on the field. Striker is about to get crowded with young guys. By comparison, linebacker has no juice. Jennings is G5, Steed and Brooks have injury issues, Huff lacks awareness, Cave is raw and Troutman is small. Smith played plenty of LB in high school and can get to 220 without issue.

Mark Pope to CB- I'm not saying Pope will be a good corner. But I know he's cooked at WR. Rambo is about to take his spot and the young guys need to play. All he's doing is wasting time and stealing reps. At CB, he's at least a 6'0+ athlete with quickness and 10.53 speed. Maybe the desperation brings out the physicality in him like it did for Sam Shields.
Agree on Harrell not being a cb.

Smith at LB could s\work if he can be a legit 220. Like him at striker also but want best guys on field together.

I’m skeptical of pope to cb. He has quickness but not sure about the hips, instincts and fluidity. He’s a wr and needs to try to finish his career properly at wr, imo. Shields was a different type of kid.

One of my Spring "Hot Takes" is that one of Pope or Wiggins will transfer at the end of Spring ball. I dont see both staying. You cant play WR when your confidence level is at 0. They will both over-think everything instead of letting it flow naturally. Now one (or both) of them could have a "Davon Johnson/Darnell Jenkins" type Sr year and shock the **** out of us.

Find your best 22 players on D and go positionless is my take in the 2 deep lineup. If Keontra is one of your best 22 players, find a place for him on D. Even if you have to move him around. Cant sit him behind Frierson for the sake of a depth chart if he has the talent to help us. This is his 3rd year, its time for him to do something on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back