Thoughts on the Nebraska loss and the state of the program

A special quarterback can sometimes offset coaching deficiencies. I want these guys out before Kaaya can make them look competent. I too was pretty **** impressed with Kaaya. Crazy crazy environment and he seemed completely in the zone. So much so that he forgot about the play clock an awful lot but I can deal with that from a kid who just started getting going.

Playing in a crazy road environment with a freak of nature pass rusher and he never seemed to blink. Yes he forces throws when pressured, just like everyone from Steven Morris to Peyton Manning, but his field general mentality is one that you pray you can teach a kid but he's a natural.

Advertisement
This is a real let down. I'm still willing to give Hurlie a chance but I really thought him moving to that side of the ball was gonna translate to a major improvement in safety play.

Well, Hurlie coaches LBs not DBs. Paul Wiliams is still the DB coach

Defense needs to be more aggressive, and i was absolutely wrong on Abdullah earlier this year, he was The best player on the field in that game.

Gregory was 2nd, then Duke and Kaaya.

Disagree, he didn't do much at all that game

Advertisement
"I ain't scared of you" needs to be the program motto again. We need a coach that makes the Hurricanes the Hurricanes again.

"I ain't scared of you….*****."

We are scared and it's exactly the point of this thread I started after the game:

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/78906-A-Picture-that-I-Think-Means-So-Much-More

Most of all, it all adds up to something bigger: a program many have associated with aggression now seemingly operates on fear.

We play on our heels. It's just the way it goes. I've said it so many times I have lost count but the best way to neutralize a defensive players God given abilities is to make him play from his heels. Other teams don't have better athletes across the board or guys that are more explosive everywhere, they just use them differently. So many of these guys would be killers on another team. At least we didn't play like pussies on offense like the Louisville game.

Unless Folden is saying "I resign effective immediately" or "I plan to commit ritual suicide tonight for my transgressions against humanity" I don't give two ***** about anything he has to say.

Advertisement
Hey D$ or Lu what's the mood around the locker room? Are kids tuning the coaches out? Have the coaches lost the players?

Shannon team also smacked a GT team that won the ACC, won 11 games and trounced us the year before. And the year he was fired was #1 in the ACC in offense and #2 in defense. Golden wish
Shannon was a 8th month aborted fetus as a coach, but his teams went into Tallahassee and beat FSU on Labor Day night, they went into Death Valley and beat Clemson. Golden would **** his pants in Death Valley, even against an average Clemson team.

Hey D$ or Lu what's the mood around the locker room? Are kids tuning the coaches out? Have the coaches lost the players?

You can see it on the players faces. They're fed up. T. Howard is seemingly always ****ed off and I could see him getting suspended for finally letting Dorito know how he feels.

One of the saddest things about this entire debacle is that UM is completely irrelevant on the national stage. All the national guys want to talk about is Michigan and Brady Hoke and how Michigan should never be this bad. No mention of Miami when Folden has been a much bigger failure especially in big games.

Michigan is actually going to FIRE their head coach. The University of Miami is gonna keep theirs. Michigan will spend money going after Les Miles or Jim Harbaugh, Miami won't, unfortunately.....

this is nonsense sheep talk.

F/A/G will be fired by the end of the season. the admin will have no other choice. it is going to get really really ugly

Advertisement
Thank you for a very sober post amongst a torrent of people who have apparently lost their sanity. Good to see also that you remain a Canes fan, and haven't resorted to rooting for teams that play us.

I agree with just about everything in the OP, except the claim that nothing has changed. We're not in a position to say that, though the Duke game will say alot. So far we've only played one team that we played last year - Louisville. And on that score, both the offense and defense were better statistically. And the game was on the road this year.

We beat up crap teams, like last year. Nebraska? We've nothing to compare it to. No one we played last year had a comparable back or scheme.

Duke, Vtech, Gtech, UNC we played, and our results (defense especially) will tell all. 500 yards given up let's us know nothing has changed, and coaching changes need making. End of October will be enough, one way or the other.

I don't see this team quitting. I really don't. I think the players quitting in 09 had a lot to do with jacory getting hurt against UVA.

We've got a few juniors and seniors who have a lot of money to lose if they quit which wasn't the case in 09 so I hope if nothing else they play for themselves rather than the coaches or fans.

Beat Duke and just continue to get better as the season goes on in spite of the coaching staff. That's all you can hope for.

I disagree. I've seen this story too many times. This team is most definitely going to quit on this staff. Kids need direction and belief. This staff is 0-2 in those departments. The lone bright spot will be a kid like Kaaya, but watch the defense closely. This has Ron Zook written all over it. And when they quit, people are going to want to bash the kids instead of the sorry asses that caused this cluster****.

Advertisement
I agree with everything you said. However, for the people wishing UM would lose the rest of the way are idiots. I am no fan of our coaches, but I would never want the young men on our roster to continue failing.

Thank you. Finally, someone else who actually wants the team to do well, regardless of how improbable that may be.

Defense needs to be more aggressive, and i was absolutely wrong on Abdullah earlier this year, he was The best player on the field in that game.

Gregory was 2nd, then Duke and Kaaya.

Disagree, he didn't do much at all that game

Kid had 8 tackles, 2 sacks and was a disruptive force in the 2nd half.

Well ****, my bad. Didn't realize that was his stat line. He just didn't stand out to me.

There is absolutely no way I will ever root against the U, but if Golden wants to stay married to Dorito, then I will personally drive down and pack his bags. My biggest concern is for the players (both present and future). The only thing players can demand from a coach is for a coach to put them in the right position to succeed, not find every excuse possible to blame them for schematic failures. No one can question the overall talent on this team, but it is clear that it's not enough to compensate for a flawed scheme. I now have the answer as to why our DL recruiting has been so atrocious.

I don't see this team quitting. I really don't. I think the players quitting in 09 had a lot to do with jacory getting hurt against UVA.

We've got a few juniors and seniors who have a lot of money to lose if they quit which wasn't the case in 09 so I hope if nothing else they play for themselves rather than the coaches or fans.

Beat Duke and just continue to get better as the season goes on in spite of the coaching staff. That's all you can hope for.

I disagree. I've seen this story too many times. This team is most definitely going to quit on this staff. Kids need direction and belief. This staff is 0-2 in those departments. The lone bright spot will be a kid like Kaaya, but watch the defense closely. This has Ron Zook written all over it. And when they quit, people are going to want to bash the kids instead of the sorry asses that caused this cluster****.

Correct. And they've already quit a bunch of times under Folden anyway. Quitting again won't be a surprise. They'll continue to quit when they get down because they know the corches won't be there to help them come back. They know the ****'s busted.

Then after quitting, they'll tell the press they love Folden, and all the morons on here will use that as proof that they're still playing for him and that he hasn't lost them. Pay attention to the actions, not the words.

Advertisement
Back