Thoughts on the class

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Lets appreciate the players that DID sign"...D Money going to this ol trick on EARLY SIGNING DAY?!

Yikes.

Some of these players are nice and I can't wait to see them get some coaching in like 2022 or something.

Just going to say this though, D$...I think this class has a lot of attrition. Hope not, but I got a feeling in my bones.

Don't look now, but UNC and GT are not too far behind us in the rankings. Collins is doing work in Atlanta.

I'm over recruiting tbh. We've had more than enough talent to compete for too long.

Manny needs to wake tf up and improve the on the field product by FIRING his coordinators.

I wonder how a stat geek like him can look at the Top 20 offenses in College football and the kind of schemes they run and think "I want to to do the complete opposite of that."
Baker is not going anywhere. He is Manny's understudy and young age wise. Manny will think he can develop him into a solid DC. Enos on the other hand, dude is older, has had HC & OC jobs in the past and had failed. This years offense was worse than Grandpa Richt's from the previous year. Manny and all of us know that Enos MUST go this offseason. The sooner the better. I don't think Manny has an emotional attachment to Enos like he does for Baker.

Advertisement
This is a quality class as it Is right now with plenty of talented players in it with not many projects, however it is incomplete. If you would have told me in the spring time before the season That we would end up with players such as these guys after going 6-6.... even me being one of the most optimistic posters I would have called bullsh*t on that
In the spring .
Just to name a few, outside of Chaney Miami wasn’t in the recruitment of these guys or on the outside looking in but we still got them.

Chaney committed to Miami but elite programs pushing.

Knighton- leaning Clemson

Jalen rivers- leaning to sec schools

Chantz Williams- leaning to sec schools

Elijah Roberts- recent Miami decommit, big 3 battle

Michael Redding- canes wasn’t in the picture, Notre dame/FSU

Daz Worsham- committed to bama in the spring

Jalen Harrell- committed to FSU In the spring

However with all that being said, there is room for clear improvement, but this is a good starting point to have these guys locked up that’s for sure.

Last edited:
@DMoney how would you try and close out the class with the 5-6 open spots still available?

I would have my low-level recruiting staff working overtime to find late bloomers. Kids that had growth spurts, converts from other sports, position switches. Those are the guys you want to target. Don't let anyone slip through the cracks.

I wouldn't worry as much about position as quality. Obviously, we need an OL and CB, but a bum does nothing for us.

Advertisement
We needed depth at LB, CB & OL and we swung & miss big time at those spots.

Great RB haul, the only WR I like is Redding, solid TE in Mammarelli & TVD is talented but Enox's offense is garbage so there's the great neutralizer.

I love Tirek Austin-Cave, Quentin Williams, Elijah Roberts & Jalen Harrell on Defense, great pieces who should be contributors eventually.

Marcus Clarke is good prospect with upside, but will need a few years of development, we needed a playable day 1 CB in this class & we failed at bringing one in. Better hope Bandy doesn't declare.

I like Jalen Harrell & Brian Balom for the Safety haul, not sold on Washington. Could've used a ballhawk in this group as well, but *shrugs*...

Tirek Austin-Cave aside from Don Chaney is my favorite recruit in this class, thank God he's an EE, him, Sam Brooks & Huff will be a fun, fast, athletic & green group for the LB corps... That is of course if Diaz, Baker & Patke aren't stupid enough to have the 3 of them standing on the bench behind slower & maxed out guys like McCloud & Jennings, which they probably will lol.

Roberts, (hopefully) Moise & Quentin Williams will be great depth adds to an already strong DL. Not high on Chantz like everybody else is, but he's at least talented.

Rivers is a very good prospect, future RT imo, unfortunately, he'll be coached by arguably the worst Corch on staff in Botch Berry, so who knows how he's developed. Same with Chris Washington, high upside, good promising prospect, terrible coach teaching him, so there's no telling if he ever reaches his ceiling here.

Chaney is a future NFL caliber back imo, the best RB we've landed since Duke, I'm certain Enox will have him standing on the sideline all year long. But glad we got him. Knighton reminds me Lamichael James, great talent.

Restrepo, the people's champ. Good slot WR, will be the board's favorite player. Redding imo has Jeremy Maclin at Mizzou type upside, however in this offense will probably be underutilized, unfortunate.

Overall, solid class, some good prospects, a bunch of misses & didn't address our glaring depth issues at multiple spots. Hit the portal & pray.

Enox, Barry, Patke, Baker & at least two more need to be fired, none will, Manny's clock is ticking.

Advertisement
Always the hope posts

This class is underwhelming cause of closing yet again. Most decommits in the country, we can't stop the wolves from stealing our sheep. Staph will be fired by week 9 by then no HC will want to leave anywhere to step anywhere near us. The Mario shipped sailed, Butch is probably our best bet but his balls are too big for Strawley. So next HC will be more of the same

Last edited:
Nailed it as usual and it could have been a lot more bloody

The FIU loss may not be something that Manny overcomes - the only way he survives is if he fires at least Enos, Barry, Stubblefield, Patke, and Rumph and lands much better coaches to turn the on field product around. If not, he's finished after year 2.

Advertisement
Back