Thoughts From the Bench Press: Bethune

Advertisement
Miami can be conservative and run heavy and still drop 60 on Bethune. They scored 70 last year. They only threw 23 passes and ran the ball 41 times.

Miami ran for 303 yards with this powerhouse group of running backs:

Henry Parrish 14-108
Thad Franklin 9-78
Luscious Stanley 6-42
Terrell Walden 5-41
Devon Perry 5-31

If the Hurricanes could score 70 and rush for 300 with a bunch of guys who would never see the field this year, I don’t think they’re going to struggle scoring much with the current group.

Advertisement
I’ll just add a couple of thoughts:

Injures happen when you’re not playing full effort. I expect the coaches to be on these guys hard. Also running the ball is probably more dangerous for injuries than anything though it does potentially speed up the clock

The young guys coming into the game and coaching in a shell makes no sense either. They’ll be given legit reps or it all defeats the purpose

That said it’s not like I’m expecting Spurriers offense

I’ve got a feeling some of these backups are gonna ball out though and the score will get really bad
I agree with everything you said. I’m thinking more about speeding up the clock. I’m also thinking it’s the D that needs a bit of shielding from injuries. Either way, we’ll know soon enough. I’d imagine Dawson will continue to take what the Defense gives so I’m sure a lot will depend on how Bethune tries to play it. Though we should be able to line up and run whatever we want.

I agree with everything you said. I’m thinking more about speeding up the clock. I’m also thinking it’s the D that needs a bit of shielding from injuries. Either way, we’ll know soon enough. I’d imagine Dawson will continue to take what the Defense gives so I’m sure a lot will depend on how Bethune tries to play it. Though we should be able to line up and run whatever we want.
Oh for sure. Wasn’t disagreeing with ya just speculating

We will see how it plays out. I hate games like this tbh nothing good comes from it let’s just keep our fingers crossed

Advertisement
Is Chris Johnson injured or will we see him?
Good question. All we really know is that he didn’t start practicing with the team until just before the season started because of an injury.

If he’s picked up the offense then maybe we see him tonight? I would guess yes

It’s personally just a bad idea outside of just etiquette

Lots of emerging studies talk about how it’s the constant switching of tasks regarding our phones that wears us out and is bad for performance

Better to just be present and lock in for a block of the day tbh

But it’s just the times I guess

Side note, gym etiquette is becoming more and more extinct, sadly.

Side note, gym etiquette is becoming more and more extinct, sadly.
You are correct. It’s sad that now you have this battle between the new school people that are recording everything they do for social media and the old school people that hate it

Truth is if people would just have a little common courtesy it’s not an issue if people want to set up a tripod and attempt to be an influencer. But there’s a time and place for it. I’ve definitely walked right in front of cameras before if I think someone is being rude about it but for the most part all you need to do is not be so self centered when you’re there. Seems simple enough but people act like they own the gym on both sides and it’s 🤦🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
I appreciate ya brother. I’m 43 not a freak of nature roided up freak of nature so these posts can be a tiny bit of schtick haha

But I’m at the gym every day doing something and have been for a long time. It’s just great for my mental health probably more than the physical. Hit me up if you need any help or have questions, I cover content like this every day on my social media pages
48 and gave up on the freak of nature look at 20. I still push around good amounts of weights (400 deadlift, 315 squat, 225 bench w/ two reconstructed shoulders) but only for the mental health side. Well, I also don't take **** from my kids because they know I can still kick their *** if I needed to.

Advertisement
48 and gave up on the freak of nature look at 20. I still push around good amounts of weights (400 deadlift, 315 squat, 225 bench w/ two reconstructed shoulders) but only for the mental health side. Well, I also don't take **** from my kids because they know I can still kick their *** if I needed to.
I’m happy that I resisted the temptations when I was younger

It’s wild to me how many guys in their 20s are on TRT for life. Then again people call their steroid cycles “TRT” and I have no time for that nonsense

Anyway. Good on you man! The mental health side of it is crucial for me

I could see Bethune scoring 20 as we come off a short week.
g1Jc.gif

• 91 total yards against Memphis. (56-14)
  • Both scores came on Defense
  • Gave up nearly 600 yards on D.

BCU's coach was at Oregon with Mario and also with Guidry at W. Kentucky. I doubt Mario tries to embarrass a colleague. We will try to get our guys some tune up but I doubt we push the pedal to the metal. Probably see a high % of run to pass to run clock but it will be a beatdown even if the end score is not where we think it should be (60's or 70's).

Advertisement
Back